BANGKOK 26 March 2019 06:48
webfact

British caver says he approached by U.S., British lawyers over Musk's comments

I guess he said the first thing that come to his mind, which is pretty similar to the opinion that many people have of older guys living in Thailand.

The Brit had a go at him first and he produced evidence and the Brit still wouldn’t shut up.

Brit needs to be a little careful he only needs one person to point a finger at him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

haha Tesla went up 4 percent yesterday. Quite a meltdown. Maybe what Musk said will spur the cops in Tland to clamp down on all the Pedos that do live there and throw them in jail- a good thing.

Let's take a longer term view than 24 hours shall we?

4% was the regaining of the losses made on Wall Street on Monday, following Musk's stupid comment.

Do you know why I used the word bonehead in my post? If you do, then you know that Musk is teetering on the edge of failing to deliver on one of his key milestones with Tesla Model 3. Everyone but Musk seems to know that he is burning cash faster then he can earn it. Everyone else seems to know that it would be better for Musk to go for a share (stock) issue rather than issuing more debt.

You can check what I am saying but making a profit is a rare event for Tesla: sales are growing but he hasn't made a profit for at least 10 years. If you think profit means nothing, his EBITDA has been negative for 7 of the last 10 years and whilst there is cash in the bank, his Free Cash Flow has been negative for ten years too. The share price has stalled over the last year too.

That's why I talked about a, longer than 24 hour, melt down.

Edited by todlad
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Has he ?

When did Musk do that ?

Simply deleted something isnt refuting it , he needs to publicly retract the allegation and to state that the allegations are untrue and unfounded 

No, I meant that Mr Unsworth has refuted the remark made by Musk.

Tweet from Vern to Musk.

Pedo?  Me? Your a double Pedo and have a funky name!

(Nothing like a good pissing contest, just like here on TV)

Edited by Juan B Tong
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blackheart1916 said:

No, I meant that Mr Unsworth has refuted the remark made by Musk.

The allegation from Musk still stands , he hasnt retracted it or refuted it

• Haha 1

In my opinion this kind of sub-story shouldn't receive half the publicity or media attention that it has done. It now runs the risk of really detracting from the original story - the one that counts!

It was after all, a story of international cooperation for the betterment of a small group of kids, comprised of expert planning, top class teamwork and real benevolence, courage and altruism on the part of a great many people. The kind of of story that people need to hear about in the daily lives, to remind us all that the man in the street is decent and cares. This petty, vacuous little squabble between someone who perhaps chose his words unwisely in light of their setting, but is basically a hero in all of this - and - an egomaniac engineering genius who is clearly a bit of a loon that suffers greatly from insecurity and narcissistic tendencies.

People have put together such a concerted and well coordinated effort that has spanned countries, cultures and languages to enable this REAL FEAT of human endeavour to come off successfully and a valiant man died in the process. This silly, irrelevant horseshit is sadly so typical of the attitude of too many people, and is intentionally sensationalised & thus perpetuated, by the rag-media out there, in particular. Do it IN PRIVATE and let's put this paltry little debacle to bed and celebrate the real story and await an update as to the condition of the lads from the cave. 

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, todlad said:

Let's take a longer term view than 24 hours shall we?

4% was the regaining of the losses made on Wall Street on Monday, following Musk's stupid comment.

Do you know why I used the word bonehead in my post? If you do, then you know that Musk is teetering on the edge of failing to deliver on one of his key milestones with Tesla Model 3. Everyone but Musk seems to know that he is burning cash faster then he can earn it. Everyone else seems to know that it would be better for Musk to go for a share (stock) issue rather than issuing more debt.

You can check what I am saying but making a profit is a rare event for Tesla: sales are growing but he hasn't made a profit for at least 10 years. If you think profit means nothing, his EBITDA has been negative for 7 of the last 10 years and whilst there is cash in the bank, his Free Cash Flow has been negative for ten years too. The share price has stalled over the last year too.

That's why I talked about a, longer than 24 hour, melt down.

yadee yada yada. you said Tesla would melt down over this squabble. no it won't. If it would have it would have yesterday like Facebook at first.  FB dropped to $149 and now look at it a month later. 

5 minutes ago, malcoml said:

I guess he said the first thing that come to his mind, which is pretty similar to the opinion that many people have of older guys living in Thailand.

The Brit had a go at him first and he produced evidence and the Brit still wouldn’t shut up.

Brit needs to be a little careful he only needs one person to point a finger at him.

I had a tiny run in on twitter with a very well known journalist on The Times a couple of years ago. He took a look at my profile and, having seen that I live in Thailand, he called me ... guess what ... a paedophile. I told him I was considering legal advice and I did a bit of trawling to see what was best for me. His then equally famous sister chipped in and said it is highly unlikely that her brother would say something like that and said she was good at betting and would bet a substantial sum against me.

I could have won a lot of money since I had and still have that tweet with the journalist's name for all to see! I replied and said it would be a stupid bet and I wouldn't take her money.

In the end, not being a lawyer, I decided not to proceed with any action since a journalist with a lawyer is almost certain to have all sorts of tricks up his sleeve.

Vern is probably in a better position than me and anyway, I am a nobody but he is famous, at least for now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

haha Tesla went up 4 percent yesterday. Quite a meltdown. Maybe what Musk said will spur the cops in Tland to clamp down on all the Pedos that do live there and throw them in jail- a good thing.

That sounds like something only a dufus would say.

Oh, wait...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JLCrab said:

. and at least in California, where Mr. Musk has employed 10+ thousands of persons at his various ventures with further ripple economic effects, he may not be so unlikable as you suggest.

I just got back from California.  Musk was viewed as clown by everyone I met in San Francisco and Los Angeles.  His tweet is getting coverage in the local media there, and all of its negative.  Everyone I met (Silicon valley, West LA) viewed him as a huckster.  Recent events in Europe have made the Californians I met hostile to self-aggrandizing Americans creating problems abroad.  Musk's comments were seen in that light.

• Like 1

Keep quiet Vern. Use a US lawyer on a no win no fee. He will settle out of court.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Thanks 1

I love that half of this thread is people responding who didn't even read the original story...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, malcoml said:

... The Brit had a go at him first and he produced evidence and the Brit still wouldn’t shut up. ...

Citation needed.

3 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

yadee yada yada. you said Tesla would melt down over this squabble. no it won't. If it would have it would have yesterday like Facebook at first.  FB dropped to $149 and now look at it a month later. 

Oh dear!

Please quote where I said Tesla is in melt down.

I see, you want to play the game of my share dropped further than your share? Take a look at the history of Ryanair then for a stunning collapse ... a few years ago.

• Like 1