BANGKOK 18 July 2019 14:05
webfact

British caver says he approached by U.S., British lawyers over Musk's comments

Lawyer$. You gotta love them. All they are $eeing i$ dollar $igns. Ambulance cha$er$ in a $pat that went a little awry. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I am having a similar thought to your last paragraph.

If Musk is publicly found guilty to his comment to Vern he has the power to send someone to C/Rai to see where Vern eats/drinks then give a local kid a 1000B to go up to Vern and plant a kiss on him ( just a horrid example ) while another kid takes a photo then it starts all over again.  Nasty thought but I would not put it past Musk to try and clear his name.

Nice of you to give the nut jobs here the idea. Do you have his address btw? lol

Edited by dufusdonald

I would be mightily surprised if any reputable law firm took on this case.  Oh, someone might get Vern to sign up with them just for the publicity (but that would make Vern a  hypocrite then) and that law firm would then send Mr Musk a letter demanding a sum to end it all.

My guess is Musk would offer to buy the guy a new pair of boots and barring that tell him to stick the lawsuit up where it hurts.  The law firm then tells Mr Unsworth to accept the boots and call it a day. They get their 15 minutes of fame for taking on the case and Mr Unsworth either gets the new boots or ZIP.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Although "withdraw" would be the better word , "refute" is still acceptable .

But lets not get into the meaning of words , as you know very well what I meant

*Refute :to say or prove that a person, statement, opinion, etc. is wrong or false?

You get funnier by the POST

Mr Unsworth was put in the position of having to refute the comments made by Mr Musk , Why you no understand

POST 51 is going to haunt you Sir, while ever you continue with this

Its known in good old England as getting hold of the Sh@%# end of the stick

I am now going to exit stage right as I have made my point

Bye-Bye

Lawyers who get paid by the hour will take a case for a client and get paid win or lose. Even at the Supreme Court, one side wins and one side loses but the lawyers on each side get paid (big) regardless.

Contingency fee lawyers are a different breed and they will (in most cases) only take on a client whose case they know they can win. And if this case  were to be pursued in California, there might be a lot of reasons why a lawyer might not want to take the case.

• Like 1

Just now, JLCrab said:

Lawyers who get paid by the hour will take a case for a client and get paid win or lose. Even at the Supreme Court, one side wins and one side loses but the lawyers on each side get paid (big) regardless.

Contingency fee lawyers are a different breed and they will (in most cases) only take on a client whose case they know they can win. And if this case  were to be pursued in California, there might be a lot of reasons why a lawyer might not want to take the case.

Just now, JLCrab said:

You are correct which is why nothing is gonna happen. Unsworth is not gonna pay a lawyer hourly fees for a case he most likely can't win and no contingency lawyer is gonna waste their time going after Musk with a losing case. Case closed. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

Nice of you to give the nut jobs here the idea. Do you have his address btw? lol

I think he said the cave was his third home , there is one in England and the one here is between C/Rai and Maesai , best I can do for you .

31 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

'Sue the pants' -- is that a legal term? States in the US do have libel laws and precedents as to what can be claimed and as to how those claims have been decided in courts.

I don't know.

Is it normal for a CEO to call someone a pedo?

If normal, Muck could have named his company pedopal, but he didn't.

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

4 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

I think he said the cave was his third home , there is one in England and the one here is between C/Rai and Maesai , best I can do for you .

Well, I was hoping I could sell his address to Musk. If anyone has it please send it to me asap. lol

2 minutes ago, dufusdonald said:

Well, I was hoping I could sell his address to Musk. If anyone has it please send it to me asap. lol

I do know what car he drives and it might still have a bashed in door , but he did say he was getting shot of it.  Not SHOT rid of it that is more fitting ....er not like a sub that doesn't fit.  

2 hours ago, kannot said:

Its  pretty clear to any sane person he isnt a paedophile his life wont be ruined it will be even more respected and even more so if  he  just lets it go

some of us here have suffered much worse...let it go

Edited by mok199
speliings

11 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Mr Unsworth was put in the position of having to refute the comments made by Mr Musk , Why you no understand

Please try to understand and follow posts and discussions .

My point was that Musk HAS to refute/withdraw HIS allegations .

It doesnt matter what Mr Unsworth says , he can deny them , but until Musk withdraws/refutes the allegations he made, the allegation still stands .

You join in discussions half way through and misunderstand the gist of what has previously been stated .

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:
42 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

'Sue the pants' -- is that a legal term? States in the US do have libel laws and precedents as to what can be claimed and as to how those claims have been decided in courts.

I don't know.

Then why did you say that you think he should?