BANGKOK 21 February 2019 04:11
webfact

Cave boys to take first step into heat of media spotlight with interview

Really boring start to the press conferences. The Thais couldn't have made it any duller if they had tried, which they probably did by eradicating any interesting questions.

• Like 1

The boy who speaks English has got the question/answers reversed. He wasn't asked how long they had been inside, he did the asking.

So many reporters will be looking to further their own carreer with this story,and media is relentless when looking for dirty laundry....

Edited by mok199
speliings

This conference has been a bit of a mess. Boys describing themselves as recalcitrants and everyone apologising for not telling their parents they were going to the cave. The coach had a lot to say, but some of it was a bit weird - like selecting the one's furthest from home to go first because they had furthest to ride their bikes. 

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

The last few group photos of the 12 rescued boys seem to include 13 boys - Does anyone know why this is? Is one the coach?

Yes.  The Cave 13 is 12 kids + 1 adult assistant coach. I guess everything else will be continued in the live press event thread or subsequent threads. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

LIVE STREAM - Press conference of boys rescued from Tham Luang cave

Watch it here: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1049056-live-stream-press-conference-of-boys-rescued-from-tham-luang-cave/

I am thrilled the team is ok I hope they receive scholarships and some perks for their suffering and survival go boars!

48 minutes ago, Tug said:

I am thrilled the team is ok I hope they receive scholarships and some perks for their suffering and survival go boars!

They have already received scholarships to doctorate level so you can put down the glasses on that one.

• Haha 1

what I want to know is who was the irresponsible one that let that security guard from the airport who used to be a Navy SEAL into the caves?

It cost the man his life. Did he have a family, wife, kids, parents, siblings?

Who allowed that to happen and when is doing something stupidly dangerous when there were more than enough experts on the scene considered heroic?

What's the last thing a redneck says before he dies? "watch this!"

These children should not have to feel any guilt or deal with any stress related to the death of the security guard. It's hard enough as it is. Are they trying to stress the kids out? Are they trying to make the kids think he's dead because of them?

It's not a great story, so let it go. I think it's doing more harm than good. Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Spock said:

The coach had a lot to say, but some of it was a bit weird - like selecting the one's furthest from home to go first because they had furthest to ride their bikes. 

That is quite understandable reasoning , considering their situation and their knowledge at the time .

"There will be no more speaking to the press"..  Riiiggghhhttt...?

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

That is quite understandable reasoning , considering their situation and their knowledge at the time .

I would have thought that he would be under no illusion about the boys riding their bikes home from the rescue. Surely if he is in discussion with the navy seals and Harry he would have known about the ambulance, helicopter and hospital? If he is included in the decision making, you'd hope he would be well informed about the evacuation process. 

They are heroes now. Now maybe we can finally find out who's brilliant idea it was to swim into a cave 5 km during rainy season and give credit where credit is due. ?

2 hours ago, Spock said:

I would have thought that he would be under no illusion about the boys riding their bikes home from the rescue. Surely if he is in discussion with the navy seals and Harry he would have known about the ambulance, helicopter and hospital? If he is included in the decision making, you'd hope he would be well informed about the evacuation process. 

Not sure whether they would have been aware of all the goings on outside , when they had been stuck in a cave for 9 days , and their only thoughts among themselves was who should be the first to go back home again..........by bike