New Tiered Lady Drink Prices in Soi LK Metro - Be Warned

Ling Kae

There is a new way of extracting money out of those that don't know about it. This is only for those Go Go Clubs in LK Metro as I do not go down to Walking Street so I can not verify what goes on down there.

Some Go Go Clubs have introduced a new elevated tiered price system for lady drinks. Didn't use to happen before. Example, I bought a drink in one club and the lady drink price was 200 baht. This is the highest I have ever paid here in Pattaya so I questioned it. The response was "she do lady show", "coyote  only 160". OK so I checked bin and went elsewhere.

Then the other night my friend with me was hit up for a 300 baht lady drink for a supposed "lady show" lady drink.

So from now on I will ask how much is a lady drink first before buying. Be warned the Go Go bars are empty, they are paying big money for the girls to dance there, very few customers around so they are inventing new ways to scam the unseasoned travellers.

Ask first and you will not have any surprises, cheers.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

In Thailand you should always ask the price of everything before buying, regardless of what it is.

There was always a kind of upper limit, a price you knew that was the highest and it wouldn't go over. Now it's all over the place and now you have to ask. What a pity they need to do this, the clubs in question are off my return visit list, then they wonder why nobody goes there.

4 hours ago, Henryford said:

This always happened. On most a go go walls you will see tiered LD prices for dancer, model, show girl etc. Strange though that all the girls turn out to be show girls.

This always happened ?? I've only maybe seen this once in the past 14 years in any go-go bars, so I guess this was way way before my time, circa 1975 perhaps???

There is also tier pricing in some ago-gos for barfines. The Alcatraz (gone now and deservedly) had 4 barfine levels. I could never figure it out. You had to ask. So I never went.

In Mandarin BKK coyotes are more.

In Shark and Airport Patts models were more . Don't know if still are. Was hard to know who was a model because they were just as unbeautiful. Yes, always ask.

Oh and Iron had barfines upto 3k (for models). Now not doing so well.

1 hour ago, peterb17 said:

Who cares - you are exploiting the local poor citizens- how would you feel if the tide was turned and lots of women were buying man drinks? To ogle your speedos ? 

No sympathy  here .

At my age, if women want to pay money for me to wear my speedo I would be more than willing.  The only problem is most would be paying for me to cover up LOL 

Not me but give you an idea>

Image result for old guy in speedo

Go Go bars ...aaaahhh I remember them...after living in LOS for the best part of a decade, I have no interest in visiting them anymore and if the novelty has also worn off for most other long term expats, then it must be the tourist that is getting bitten in the pocket....then again, I am sure there are sexpats...oops I mean expats, who still frequent these establishments regularly and continue to get ripped off...no sympathy for them.

I'm glad I'm living out of town. The bar girls just share from the beer you buy at 80 - 100 Baht per bottle. After sharing 3 or 4 bottles they are usually half pissed and playful. Nobody's ever heard about 'bar fines' either.

1 hour ago, manly36 said:

Go Go bars ...aaaahhh I remember them...after living in LOS for the best part of a decade, I have no interest in visiting them anymore and if the novelty has also worn off for most other long term expats, then it must be the tourist that is getting bitten in the pocket....then again, I am sure there are sexpats...oops I mean expats, who still frequent these establishments regularly and continue to get ripped off...no sympathy for them.

Don’t remember reading where the OP or anyone else asked for or cares about your sympathy.  But we do like current information and appreciate the OP’s post. But we have to put up reading useless derogatory posts like yours.  You got anything better to do than be a wise ass?  ?

59 minutes ago, Ulic said:

I prefer to just give the girls a 100 baht tip. 

Good idea, if I was a drinker and not married, I would buy the girl an ordinary drink similar to mine

then give her 100 baht, ask her when she finishes, no bar fine, then meet her outside and take it from there.

Of course, if you are the fat, tattooed facial haired type, then just let yourself get ripped of, as that

will be your only chance of getting laid.?

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I would buy the girl an ordinary drink similar to mine

Have you ever been in a go go and bought a drink for someone working there? I don't think there is an option to buy a drink at the same price you pay for yours and that includes servers.

19 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Good idea, if I was a drinker and not married, I would buy the girl an ordinary drink similar to mine

then give her 100 baht, ask her when she finishes, no bar fine, then meet her outside and take it from there.

Of course, if you are the fat, tattooed facial haired type, then just let yourself get ripped of, as that

will be your only chance of getting laid.?

Being a non drinker you are well out of touch. Girls are only allowed to accept lady drinks of which they get a percentage. If management become aware of you trying to pull the girl about meeting after then you will be asked to leave.

16 minutes ago, topt said:

Have you ever been in a go go and bought a drink for someone working there? I don't think there is an option to buy a drink at the same price you pay for yours and that includes servers.

Just ask her what she wants to drink, and buy her an ordinary drink along with yours, then give her 100 Baht.

The idea is not to save money but to stop you from getting ripped off, what is the bars mark up on a lady drink compared to an ordinary one?

OP

For once - I’m quite happy to be a member of TV. Many posts , don’t really give a damn - and condemn the attitude of the expats ( oops sorry sexpats) 

We live here- because we have escaped from the PC crazy, controlling , grey, cold , ageist , miserable home countries. 

I am not some super  member of TV - but I am consistent- I loathe the punters - the men who think it is totally socially acceptable to pay for sex.

This is my home - I hate the reputation it has around the world .

So OP - go about what good people do -don’t exploit poor girls - for a bit of stimulation of the nerve endings in your glans . 

Be a decent human being 

3 minutes ago, jimn said:

Being a non drinker you are well out of touch. Girls are only allowed to accept lady drinks of which they get a percentage. If management become aware of you trying to pull the girl about meeting after then you will be asked to leave.

Is her percentage more than 100 Bt? Didn't think so, and just make sure the management is not aware that you are meeting the girl after she finishes, otherwise just go somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

OP

For once - I’m quite happy to be a member of TV. Many posts , don’t really give a damn - and condemn the attitude of the expats ( oops sorry sexpats) 

We live here- because we have escaped from the PC crazy, controlling , grey, cold , ageist , miserable home countries. 

I am not some super  member of TV - but I am consistent- I loathe the punters - the men who think it is totally socially acceptable to pay for sex.

This is my home - I hate the reputation it has around the world .

So OP - go about what good people do -don’t exploit poor girls - for a bit of stimulation of the nerve endings in your glans . 

Be a decent human being 

These poor girls not only have better phones than you but earn more money than you.

difference is you count every baht , they waste it all without thinking about tomorrow 

9 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

There was always a kind of upper limit, a price you knew that was the highest and it wouldn't go over. Now it's all over the place and now you have to ask. What a pity they need to do this, the clubs in question are off my return visit list, then they wonder why nobody goes there.

Drinks in girlie bars have always varied dependent upon the proprietor's whim. I've seen ladies' drinks vary in price dependent upon whether or not: the girl was a dancer, the girl was a singer, the girl had children, the girl had stretch marks, the girl was over 25 or 30, the girl was white, the girl was tall, the girl was pretty, the girl could speak English, the girl gave more than vaginal intercourse, etc., ad infinitum. Nothing new and no big deal; they must have taken you for a newbie.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Just ask her what she wants to drink, and buy her an ordinary drink along with yours,

You cannot, or are certainly not supposed, to do that - and unlikely the girl would accept. My understanding is some/many of the girls have a target set for lady drinks as well.

Your suggestion may be logical to you but not viable in a go go.

13 minutes ago, topt said:

You cannot, or are certainly not supposed, to do that - and unlikely the girl would accept. My understanding is some/many of the girls have a target set for lady drinks as well.

Your suggestion may be logical to you but not viable in a go go.

What you cannot do or what you are not supposed to do are two different things, I have never barfined a girl or bought a lady drink in my life, they are nothing but a rip off.

I have heard that before about a girl having to reach lady drink targets, but I believe it is highly unlikely a girl is going to lose her job because she never met a quota for them, especially in the current climate.

Archived