BANGKOK 21 March 2019 13:18
Ling Kae

New Tiered Lady Drink Prices in Soi LK Metro - Be Warned

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Going to a bar frequently is considered to a frequenting a bar , the reasons why they go there is not important .

Prostitutes/ bargirls go to the bar more frequently than freelancers 

Frequenting is not working at a bar. It means being there. I frequent bars. The staff in pub are working behind the bar are not frequenting the bar. The customers on the other side of the bar are frequenting the bar. Freelancers are independent sex workers who visit, drink at or frequent bar. This kind of idiomatic English is difficult for non english speakers.

Edited by The manic
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The manic said:

Frequenting is not working at a bar. It means being there. I frequent bars. The staff in pub are working behind the bar are not frequenting the bar. The customers on the other side of the bar are frequenting the bar.

Lets not get into a disagreement about what words mean , a bargirl is a person who sells sex for money , which makes her a prostitute .

Freelancers are prostitutes that you dont have to pay a barfine for

Just now, sanemax said:

Lets not get into a disagreement about what words mean , a bargirl is a person who sells sex for money , which makes her a prostitute .

Freelancers are prostitutes that you dont have to pay a barfine for

Indeed you dont pay them bar fines because unlike the bar girls they dont work there..they just frequent the place.  I am not arguing with you. Just giving you accurate information and a quick language lesson into the meaning of the verb to frequent.?

• Haha 1

Are we not all ‘freelancers’?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, The manic said:

Indeed you dont pay them bar fines because unlike the bar girls they dont work there..they just frequent the place.  I am not arguing with you. Just giving you accurate information and a quick language lesson into the meaning of the verb to frequent.?

"Frequent means to go to a place often , and going to the same place everyday is regarded as going there often , frequently

5 hours ago, The manic said:

She works there as service staff.

Exactly , boys or girls , barboy , bargirl , I am talking about staff who works in a bar , not prostitutes.  

Somehow many foreigners thinks that every Thai is for sale in Thailand , any person as long as you have money .   That might have been true years ago when Thailand were  a poor country .   I doubt any handsome girl working in a bar wants to have sex with an older fat farang , even for 3000 baht . 

On 7/18/2018 at 8:23 PM, sanemax said:

8000 Baht for the night .

2000 Baht barfine 

10 drinks at 200 Baht each .

Sorry , I dont believe you 

I inow one guy who pays 4 grand. We were quite old wing mates back in the motherland, and actually fell out over it. I called him a <deleted> idiot to his face. Frndship over. ?

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, Dick Crank said:

of course its a scam. they are tourist traps. never figured out why some guys frequent them regularly other then a first time been there done that visit.

cant be the women or drinking, there are easier, more affordable and better options all over.

the only reason ive found is the voyeur aspect.

specifically, being seen by other guys with a nice looking lady, or wanting to watch other guys with ladies. specifically, a homo aspect thats not at all obvious to a casual observer.

think about it

Back before Thaksin when the scene was great, the gogos put on shows, and the places were hoppin with expats. It was the best entertainment that I ever experienced. The present scene is just a pale shadow of what it used to be.

Sadly, I find little to keep me sitting these days, and I get bored pretty fast. Nana has some good looking ladies, but that's it. The shows, if there are any, are not a patch on what used to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Back before Thaksin when the scene was great, the gogos put on shows, and the places were hoppin with expats. It was the best entertainment that I ever experienced. The present scene is just a pale shadow of what it used to be.

Sadly, I find little to keep me sitting these days, and I get bored pretty fast. Nana has some good looking ladies, but that's it. The shows, if there are any, are not a patch on what used to be.

Absolutely. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you think service staff don't go with customer, you are mistaken.

Any girl in a gogo will go with anyone if the price is right, except ( maybe ) coyotes. It's just a job to them, and they ain't looking for lurve.

I barfined a coyote may times.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you think service staff don't go with customer, you are mistaken.

Any girl in a gogo will go with anyone if the price is right, except ( maybe ) coyotes. It's just a job to them, and they ain't looking for lurve.

Whenever somebody calls the sex workers 'prostitutes ' they are being pejorative, judgmental and are ill informed hypocrites who marry and pay  dowry and pay their wives money to run the house. They are also trying to equate the dreary western model of the worst types of exploitation of women with Thai model which is more akin to empowerment and liberation and sexual freedom. It is this freedom which is the threat to  Christian Puritanism and other sections of our culture including certain individuals who are exteralanising their own moral weakness by judging others.

Edited by The manic
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

"Frequent means to go to a place often , and going to the same place everyday is regarded as going there often , frequently

No. You are confusing the noun 'Frequency' which BTW has multiple meanings with the concept of Adverbs of frequency which includes a chain of Adverbs ranging  from Always to never with sometime being in the middle of the chain then 'often'  followed by 'frequently '. But in its verb form it significance pertains to going to a place but not for work purposes as in being formally employed staff. It's idiomatic not literal English and does  not reflect quantity of visit i.e. (frequency) . It the quality visiting a place. Of being in a particular place. On your first visit to a bar if somebody called you and asked about your whereabouts and activities you response could be' Im currently frequenting X bar. The worker would say I'm currently working at X bar. Big difference.

Edited by The manic

45 minutes ago, The manic said:

I barfined a coyote may times.

She take all your baht?

Image result for photo of a coyote