Jump to content

New Tiered Lady Drink Prices in Soi LK Metro - Be Warned


Ling Kae

Recommended Posts

I'm glad I'm living out of town. The bar girls just share from the beer you buy at 80 - 100 Baht per bottle. After sharing 3 or 4 bottles they are usually half pissed and playful. Nobody's ever heard about 'bar fines' either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, manly36 said:

Go Go bars ...aaaahhh I remember them...after living in LOS for the best part of a decade, I have no interest in visiting them anymore and if the novelty has also worn off for most other long term expats, then it must be the tourist that is getting bitten in the pocket....then again, I am sure there are sexpats...oops I mean expats, who still frequent these establishments regularly and continue to get ripped off...no sympathy for them.

Don’t remember reading where the OP or anyone else asked for or cares about your sympathy.  But we do like current information and appreciate the OP’s post. But we have to put up reading useless derogatory posts like yours.  You got anything better to do than be a wise ass?  ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ulic said:

I prefer to just give the girls a 100 baht tip. 

Good idea, if I was a drinker and not married, I would buy the girl an ordinary drink similar to mine

then give her 100 baht, ask her when she finishes, no bar fine, then meet her outside and take it from there.

Of course, if you are the fat, tattooed facial haired type, then just let yourself get ripped of, as that

will be your only chance of getting laid.?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I would buy the girl an ordinary drink similar to mine

Have you ever been in a go go and bought a drink for someone working there? I don't think there is an option to buy a drink at the same price you pay for yours and that includes servers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Good idea, if I was a drinker and not married, I would buy the girl an ordinary drink similar to mine

then give her 100 baht, ask her when she finishes, no bar fine, then meet her outside and take it from there.

Of course, if you are the fat, tattooed facial haired type, then just let yourself get ripped of, as that

will be your only chance of getting laid.?

Being a non drinker you are well out of touch. Girls are only allowed to accept lady drinks of which they get a percentage. If management become aware of you trying to pull the girl about meeting after then you will be asked to leave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, topt said:

Have you ever been in a go go and bought a drink for someone working there? I don't think there is an option to buy a drink at the same price you pay for yours and that includes servers.

Just ask her what she wants to drink, and buy her an ordinary drink along with yours, then give her 100 Baht.

The idea is not to save money but to stop you from getting ripped off, what is the bars mark up on a lady drink compared to an ordinary one?

Link to post
Share on other sites

OP

 

For once - I’m quite happy to be a member of TV. Many posts , don’t really give a damn - and condemn the attitude of the expats ( oops sorry sexpats) 

 

We live here- because we have escaped from the PC crazy, controlling , grey, cold , ageist , miserable home countries. 

 

I am not some super  member of TV - but I am consistent- I loathe the punters - the men who think it is totally socially acceptable to pay for sex.

 

This is my home - I hate the reputation it has around the world .

 

So OP - go about what good people do -don’t exploit poor girls - for a bit of stimulation of the nerve endings in your glans . 

 

Be a decent human being 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sanemax said:

That is still quite reasonable , paying 200 Baht for a girl to be your friend for 30 minutes and thats including a drink for her .

30 min ? ????try 5 if you lucky 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jimn said:

Being a non drinker you are well out of touch. Girls are only allowed to accept lady drinks of which they get a percentage. If management become aware of you trying to pull the girl about meeting after then you will be asked to leave.

Is her percentage more than 100 Bt? Didn't think so, and just make sure the management is not aware that you are meeting the girl after she finishes, otherwise just go somewhere else.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

OP

 

For once - I’m quite happy to be a member of TV. Many posts , don’t really give a damn - and condemn the attitude of the expats ( oops sorry sexpats) 

 

We live here- because we have escaped from the PC crazy, controlling , grey, cold , ageist , miserable home countries. 

 

I am not some super  member of TV - but I am consistent- I loathe the punters - the men who think it is totally socially acceptable to pay for sex.

 

This is my home - I hate the reputation it has around the world .

 

So OP - go about what good people do -don’t exploit poor girls - for a bit of stimulation of the nerve endings in your glans . 

 

Be a decent human being 

These poor girls not only have better phones than you but earn more money than you.

 

difference is you count every baht , they waste it all without thinking about tomorrow 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

There was always a kind of upper limit, a price you knew that was the highest and it wouldn't go over. Now it's all over the place and now you have to ask. What a pity they need to do this, the clubs in question are off my return visit list, then they wonder why nobody goes there.

Drinks in girlie bars have always varied dependent upon the proprietor's whim. I've seen ladies' drinks vary in price dependent upon whether or not: the girl was a dancer, the girl was a singer, the girl had children, the girl had stretch marks, the girl was over 25 or 30, the girl was white, the girl was tall, the girl was pretty, the girl could speak English, the girl gave more than vaginal intercourse, etc., ad infinitum. Nothing new and no big deal; they must have taken you for a newbie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Just ask her what she wants to drink, and buy her an ordinary drink along with yours,

You cannot, or are certainly not supposed, to do that - and unlikely the girl would accept. My understanding is some/many of the girls have a target set for lady drinks as well.

 

Your suggestion may be logical to you but not viable in a go go.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, topt said:

You cannot, or are certainly not supposed, to do that - and unlikely the girl would accept. My understanding is some/many of the girls have a target set for lady drinks as well.

 

Your suggestion may be logical to you but not viable in a go go.

 

 

 

What you cannot do or what you are not supposed to do are two different things, I have never barfined a girl or bought a lady drink in my life, they are nothing but a rip off.

I have heard that before about a girl having to reach lady drink targets, but I believe it is highly unlikely a girl is going to lose her job because she never met a quota for them, especially in the current climate.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...