New Tiered Lady Drink Prices in Soi LK Metro - Be Warned

Ling Kae

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What you cannot do or what you are not supposed to do are two different things,

I have tried to be polite but you can never seem to accept that you just do not know what is really going on in spite of several other posters giving you the same/similar POV. You even admit to never having bought a ladies drink or barfined for goodness sake yet you persevere with the same generalised argument.

Your statement is correct as a stand alone with no reference but in terms of the context I respectfully suggest it is not relevant.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, BestB said:

You the one making up wild speculations not me.

agency girls get paid 2000 per day, 60 000 per month

50-60 for every drink, averages to around 15000 per month

Going with customers, 4000-8000 per visit 

So easily over 100000 per month even if they get only 1 customer per week.Double that if she can hassle . Triple that when she has a few sponsors sending money every month

Very poor indeed, do you earn 200000-300000 per month!

3 hours ago, BestB said:

So easily over 100000 per month even if they get only 1 customer per week.Double that if she can hassle . Triple that when she has a few sponsors sending money every month

Come you know the figures you quote are total bull sh*t - no more comment 

200000 on my pensions - not 300000 - but then I don’t have to roll over - just goes on increasing until I depart this mortal coil 

14 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

There is a new way of extracting money out of those that don't know about it. This is only for those Go Go Clubs in LK Metro as I do not go down to Walking Street so I can not verify what goes on down there.

Some Go Go Clubs have introduced a new elevated tiered price system for lady drinks. Didn't use to happen before. Example, I bought a drink in one club and the lady drink price was 200 baht. This is the highest I have ever paid here in Pattaya so I questioned it. The response was "she do lady show", "coyote  only 160". OK so I checked bin and went elsewhere.

Then the other night my friend with me was hit up for a 300 baht lady drink for a supposed "lady show" lady drink.

So from now on I will ask how much is a lady drink first before buying. Be warned the Go Go bars are empty, they are paying big money for the girls to dance there, very few customers around so they are inventing new ways to scam the unseasoned travellers.

Ask first and you will not have any surprises, cheers.

In 1982, the show girls at Caligvla in Soi Diamond always commanded a higher premium, be it the price of  drink or a bar fine. Similarly there was a unashamed mark-up for fresh meat at Baby Go Go just  across the street.

Mind you, there were a lot less window lickers back then.

12 hours ago, Henryford said:

This always happened. On most a go go walls you will see tiered LD prices for dancer, model, show girl etc. Strange though that all the girls turn out to be show girls.

Agreed... and if the OP would sit around long enough, he could probably suss out if his chosen demimondaine was a dart shooter or a simple pole shuffler... or if the bar even did any sort of 'show' at all.

3 hours ago, BestB said:

Most preposterous post of the day award goes to...

OK, OK. Maybe, just maybe you knew Oy from Thumbs Up on Soi 6 as well.

3 hours ago, Small Joke said:

If were talking about BKK, and if the soi 7 Beirgardan still exists (a thousand happy freelance memories my friends -and Thermae, before it went Japanesey) then thats the best place to pull this strategy. ...

Holy schmoley... how old are you???!!!

14 minutes ago, topt said:

I have tried to be polite but you can never seem to accept that you just do not know what is really going on in spite of several other posters giving you the same/similar POV. You even admit to never having bought a ladies drink or barfined for goodness sake yet you persevere with the same generalised argument.

Your statement is correct as a stand alone with no reference but in terms of the context I respectfully suggest it is not relevant.

I just kept  answering the posts because I quite enjoyed our debate, I only really know about bars what I read here on TV and from people who have frequented them. Happy posting.

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I shared a house with some BGs a couple of years ago and , of course , they always had an ongoing competition as to who got the most LDs each day. They would often quote figures of 20-30 drinks a day/night, a bare minimum of 10 or they would change bars..

Not to mention that despite their inestimable charm, BG's lie like rugs too.

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

And you really believe the girls won`t soon get bored befriending an old ugly Farang who only buys her one drink?

You obviously have not experienced the bar scene. Not only will a girl expect more than one drink in 30 minutes, she`ll expect the guy to buy several drinks for himself and also push the guy to buy her workmates drinks too. These days having a night out in the bars can prove very expensive, bills can run up to thousands of bahts very easily.

They`ve got greedy, total rip-offs and why I stopped going to these places long ago

Door... ass... bang...

Bye.

2 hours ago, hobobo said:

...and she spends 10 minutes dancing, 8 minutes talking to the guy opposite who bought her a drink before you did, 6 minutes chatting to his lady about the short-time charge, 3 minutes looking for her thong, 2 minutes to find you, and you have her for ONE whole minute! 200 Baht well-spent!

Amateurs. 

Sheesh...

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

That was 2-3 years ago in Phuket. Because I wasnt involved with these girls, other than sharing a house, I was privy to their earnings and goings on. Some of them where making 10-20k a week from dancing, LDs and tips, rarely leaving the bar.

Phuket BG's are even more economical with the truth.

Goes with the territory though.

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

Or in most ordinary bars. My friend has to procure 40 drinks a month or gets her pay docked accordingly. The number of drinks can vary from bar to bar. The girls are not there for the customers benefit they are there to improve the owners bottom line. It's called business. 

It's always 'my friend' on TV isn't it?

5 hours ago, catman20 said:

wont effect me i very seldom buy lady drinks :drunk:

4 hours ago, Ulic said:

I prefer to just give the girls a 100 baht tip. 

I find the OP 'helpful' as a caution to those who may not know............

But in reading the replies I can see all the 'cheap Charlies' COME OUT OF THE CLOSET............. After 35 years around Pattaya I have been friends with a lot of 'cheap Charlies' and I still remain friends with them...... I feel that everyone has their right to their own 'ways' and beliefs......... (except one friend one time, I didn't want to remain friends with this guy who carries a bottle of water in his pants pocket and when we went into a bar/go-go he would pull out the water and set it on the table and tell the waitress "No Drink", "I got my water".......... That was the beginning of the end for me...... LOL ..... (And that guy still wanted to 'touch up' the girls)

Anyway, After 35 years I have grown to know many, many of the girls..... A few became 'KIKs' for various lengths of time and I learned 'a lot' about 'Their side of the story'........ For sure there are a number of what I call 'SHARKS' (especially the 'seasoned' and 'mostly worn-out' ones).... BUT, in the largest majority there are so many of these girls who are just real people.... they have feelings, a heart, their own beliefs, and a very poor past life, and often a kid from a Thai boy that mom is watching and schooling. And by the encouragement of another 'bar lady' friend they wind up working in a bar.... They dream of being 'lucky' like one or more of their friends who found a 'farang' and is living the 'dream life'........ That is what is 'motivating' so many of these girls....     And.....    What do they get??????         A bunch of these 'cheap Charies' who want to enjoy things that are out of their range so these 'cheap Charlies' come in and drink and want to talk and touch them up, but are too cheap to buy them a drink and after enjoying the girl's company ALSO tuck a 100 baht tip down between their boobs as you leave.......

It seems that so many guys, many friends included, want to 'engourge' themselves with all the pleasures they like, and the girl has to choose between a drink or a 'pittance' 100 baht...............

I live in Pattaya but I drive down to Ban Chang.... 40 minutes drive south.... There are a number of bars there and lady drinks are 100 baht ...... So a 100 baht tip is easy to part with as well...........

I think 'it makes a difference' when you look at these girls as people (some bad... some good... as the cases might be) rather than looking at them ALL like..... 'soi-dogs' that just happen to be there........... 

Mostly...... They are 'Selling a service' - (the only thing they have since nobody was able to send them to university) but they are selling it --- Not 'giving it' (the only way they know)........... So, in essence, It is like wanting to drive a 'BENZ' but you only want to spend for a KIA or MAZDA........ Then YOU are stuck with your choice........ Don't burden these girls with you not being able to afford your pleasures (if they help YOU -- Then be good-hearted enough to help THEM)....... or 'save money' and walk instead of driving anything......

MIND YOU............ I am only speaking my opinion and don't try to shove it down anybody's throat............ Just think on it for what it is worth....

AND....... I DO expect (since I've been around her many years) a rash of cheap Charlie slammers with their 'One-line slammers' replying back to my post........... BUT, I can't understand what most of them are trying 'feebly' to say, in one line, so I disregard them........... If you want to say something.... Don't use One-Line replies  --- make yourself clearly understood, please.........

8 hours ago, HooHaa said:

my my it certainly isnt as easy to be a sex tourist as it once was.

Thailand is losing its appeal in that area. The problem is they think foreigners are stupid enough to accept these tricks... and of course many are. It's actually quite insulting... and of course, they think money grows on trees in "other countries". The biggest scams are the shooters lady drinks that cost the same but are over in 2 seconds.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Most preposterous post of the day award goes to...

OK, OK. Maybe, just maybe you knew Oy from Thumbs Up on Soi 6 as well.

No sorry I do not hang around cheap , low class places ?

but not judging, as long as you enjoy yourself ???

In 1982, the show girls at Caligvla in Soi Diamond always commanded a higher premium, be it the price of  drink or a bar fine. Similarly there was a unashamed mark-up for fresh meat at Baby Go Go just  across the street.

Mind you, there were a lot less window lickers back then.

What do they lick now???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, peterb17 said:

And why is that? Because you can not come to comprehend how much money girls earn? Or because hard to believe your pension is nothing in comparison to money going through girls hands?

2 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

4000-8000 to go with a customer. Sounds like someone is being hit with the ugly customer clause in the contract ? 

I suppose not all blessed with good looks and a gods gift to women , otherwise they would not be whoremongering in SEA?

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

It's always 'my friend' on TV isn't it?

Her name is Min...... She works at a bar way down soi. 4. Cannot read or write thai or English but can speak four languages. Left school at 8.  Anything else you need to know.  And no I won't say the name of the bar. She's 40years old trying to take care of her kids on khon kaen. A lovely lady and also very realistic. 

I'm not her boyfriend and don't want to be but she is a lovely person and I often buy her a ladydrink to help her out. 

15 minutes ago, BestB said:

And why is that? Because you can not come to comprehend how much money girls earn? Or because hard to believe your pension is nothing in comparison to money going through girls hands?

Just total crap - yes but my pensions just go on for ever.

1 hour ago, sawadeeken said:

But in reading the replies I can see all the 'cheap Charlies' COME OUT OF THE CLOSET............. After 35 years around Pattaya I have been friends with a lot of 'cheap Charlies' and I still remain friends with them...... I feel that everyone has their right to their own 'ways' and beliefs......... (except one friend one time, I didn't want to remain friends with this guy who carries a bottle of water in his pants pocket and when we went into a bar/go-go he would pull out the water and set it on the table and tell the waitress "No Drink", "I got my water".......... That was the beginning of the end for me...... LOL ..... (And that guy still wanted to 'touch up' the girls)

Anyway, After 35 years I have grown to know many, many of the girls..... A few became 'KIKs' for various lengths of time and I learned 'a lot' about 'Their side of the story'........ For sure there are a number of what I call 'SHARKS' (especially the 'seasoned' and 'mostly worn-out' ones).... BUT, in the largest majority there are so many of these girls who are just real people.... they have feelings, a heart, their own beliefs, and a very poor past life, and often a kid from a Thai boy that mom is watching and schooling. And by the encouragement of another 'bar lady' friend they wind up working in a bar.... They dream of being 'lucky' like one or more of their friends who found a 'farang' and is living the 'dream life'........ That is what is 'motivating' so many of these girls....     And.....    What do they get??????         A bunch of these 'cheap Charies' who want to enjoy things that are out of their range so these 'cheap Charlies' come in and drink and want to talk and touch them up, but are too cheap to buy them a drink and after enjoying the girl's company ALSO tuck a 100 baht tip down between their boobs as you leave.......

It seems that so many guys, many friends included, want to 'engourge' themselves with all the pleasures they like, and the girl has to choose between a drink or a 'pittance' 100 baht...............

I live in Pattaya but I drive down to Ban Chang.... 40 minutes drive south.... There are a number of bars there and lady drinks are 100 baht ...... So a 100 baht tip is easy to part with as well...........

I think 'it makes a difference' when you look at these girls as people (some bad... some good... as the cases might be) rather than looking at them ALL like..... 'soi-dogs' that just happen to be there........... 

Mostly...... They are 'Selling a service' - (the only thing they have since nobody was able to send them to university) but they are selling it --- Not 'giving it' (the only way they know)........... So, in essence, It is like wanting to drive a 'BENZ' but you only want to spend for a KIA or MAZDA........ Then YOU are stuck with your choice........ Don't burden these girls with you not being able to afford your pleasures (if they help YOU -- Then be good-hearted enough to help THEM)....... or 'save money' and walk instead of driving anything......

MIND YOU............ I am only speaking my opinion and don't try to shove it down anybody's throat............ Just think on it for what it is worth....

AND....... I DO expect (since I've been around her many years) a rash of cheap Charlie slammers with their 'One-line slammers' replying back to my post........... BUT, I can't understand what most of them are trying 'feebly' to say, in one line, so I disregard them........... If you want to say something.... Don't use One-Line replies  --- make yourself clearly understood, please.........

Well not sure I understood most of that - but you are truly fabulous on .......... and ......................................

and also ........................................

The Cheap Charlie is a bit old hat these days - sadly most have gone to meet their maker or have been deported.

No more beers? 

10 hours ago, peterb17 said:

OP

For once - I’m quite happy to be a member of TV. Many posts , don’t really give a damn - and condemn the attitude of the expats ( oops sorry sexpats) 

We live here- because we have escaped from the PC crazy, controlling , grey, cold , ageist , miserable home countries. 

I am not some super  member of TV - but I am consistent- I loathe the punters - the men who think it is totally socially acceptable to pay for sex.

This is my home - I hate the reputation it has around the world .

So OP - go about what good people do -don’t exploit poor girls - for a bit of stimulation of the nerve endings in your glans . 

Be a decent human being 

I consider myself as a decent human being. (as you are addressing this kind of mammel specifically.)
 When I was younger, I wanted to contribute my share to improve the lot of poor people.

I was torn between helping Mother Theresa in Calcutta or helping downtrodden girls in Pattaya. I choose the latter.

- HEAVENS! Over the last 22 years, how many refrigerators have found a home in some humble Isaan-Home? How many motorbikes have foud an owner in the deepest Isaan? How many sick Buffaloes were cured, ALL THANKS TO MY PERSONAL FINANCIAL ENGAGEMENT, directly benefitting downtrodden Pattaya Ladies and their impoversished families!
I am certain, that my "direct-investement" was more effective than any NGO concept, where 90% of the funds have to be invested in SUV's, lavish accommodations, European salaries, to keep the "saviours of the world" content

In my view, it should be mandatory that every Tourist and Expat openly supports a number of downtrodden Pattaya Females. Directly contributing their share to better the lives of countless Thais, living in underdevelopped parts of Thailand. Regardless if the original intent of the Farang was to appear and behave holier than the Pope, (possibly triggered by the "my Thai-Wife is different" syndrome). You, by any chance?

- Just to sit in a Condo or in Nakhon Nowhere and spending less than 1000 Bht per day, may soon be considered as "Farang individuals, not contributing enough to the Thai Economy". (Possibly making long term Visa's/Extensions somewhat more "restrictive".)

So my fellow Farangs, have a heart, have a social concience. Circumvent donation boxes, avoid donations to some ineffecive NGO's, avoid major "lump-sum" investements in a forgotten corner of the Isaan just because some Lady was born there. Instead: Practise individual "direct-investement" in favour of the downtrodden Pattaya Ladies. It will make you feel good, you do something for your Guest-Country and it increases your Karma tremendeously.

- I myself shall continue to implement my unburocratic individual supportive actions in favour of local Thai Females.
Easy for me to do, as I will not be involved in any "my Thai-Wife is different" or (later on) "where can I find a good English speaking Lawyer" situations.

Finally: During the last 22 years, I have not yet encountered a Thai-Lady that has accused me of "exploiting" her.

Of course, we have never gotten into an academic discussion abot "nerve-endings".

Peterb17: Eastern Timbuktu is nice at this time of the year. You will absolutely love it.
Cheers.

3 hours ago, swissie said:

I consider myself as a decent human being. (as you are addressing this kind of mammel specifically.)
 When I was younger, I wanted to contribute my share to improve the lot of poor people.

I was torn between helping Mother Theresa in Calcutta or helping downtrodden girls in Pattaya. I choose the latter.

- HEAVENS! Over the last 22 years, how many refrigerators have found a home in some humble Isaan-Home? How many motorbikes have foud an owner in the deepest Isaan? How many sick Buffaloes were cured, ALL THANKS TO MY PERSONAL FINANCIAL ENGAGEMENT, directly benefitting downtrodden Pattaya Ladies and their impoversished families!
I am certain, that my "direct-investement" was more effective than any NGO concept, where 90% of the funds have to be invested in SUV's, lavish accommodations, European salaries, to keep the "saviours of the world" content

In my view, it should be mandatory that every Tourist and Expat openly supports a number of downtrodden Pattaya Females. Directly contributing their share to better the lives of countless Thais, living in underdevelopped parts of Thailand. Regardless if the original intent of the Farang was to appear and behave holier than the Pope, (possibly triggered by the "my Thai-Wife is different" syndrome). You, by any chance?

- Just to sit in a Condo or in Nakhon Nowhere and spending less than 1000 Bht per day, may soon be considered as "Farang individuals, not contributing enough to the Thai Economy". (Possibly making long term Visa's/Extensions somewhat more "restrictive".)

So my fellow Farangs, have a heart, have a social concience. Circumvent donation boxes, avoid donations to some ineffecive NGO's, avoid major "lump-sum" investements in a forgotten corner of the Isaan just because some Lady was born there. Instead: Practise individual "direct-investement" in favour of the downtrodden Pattaya Ladies. It will make you feel good, you do something for your Guest-Country and it increases your Karma tremendeously.

- I myself shall continue to implement my unburocratic individual supportive actions in favour of local Thai Females.
Easy for me to do, as I will not be involved in any "my Thai-Wife is different" or (later on) "where can I find a good English speaking Lawyer" situations.

Finally: During the last 22 years, I have not yet encountered a Thai-Lady that has accused me of "exploiting" her.

Of course, we have never gotten into an academic discussion abot "nerve-endings".

Peterb17: Eastern Timbuktu is nice at this time of the year. You will absolutely love it.
Cheers.

Swissie........... I APPLAUD YOU......... we are obviously two 'sharing' one philosity............ I have a few bar girls that I help out much like tou speak of (and their families) ............ Refrigerators, Motorbikes, cellphones. Pampers, powdered baby formula, a couple cheap/new laptops, etc

And same as you I never donate to charities.... I walk right past collection cups and bell ringers without a penny.... Then I take it to where I can witness that 100% is going where I want it to go.... Not some provat jet for the CEO of some charity that may actually direct 5% up to 30% of my donation to a good cause.........

Some posters will choose one girl who is the worst of worst (I call them 'sharks') and the poster will use that 'shark' as a representation of all bar girls in their descriptions... to justify their own selfish attitudes.... 

I can truthfully say I think that (per capita) there is 'MANY' MORE GOOD BARGIRLS than there are 'GOOD FARANGS' (as in 'Punters') trying to get 'cheap satisfaction' without paying anywhere near what they should be paying........ 

My MOM (god bless her) taught me to give some thought to what it would be like if you walked a while in the other guy's (bar girl's) shoes.....

From the reading on TV forums that I have done , I would estimate that there is quite a small Percent of the posters that give any thought to spend a day or so walking in the shoes of the 'bar girl' who get to choose between a 100 baht 'tip' or a lady drink........ NO WAY would they trade places but they are so intent on getting all they can from the girl for the drink or 100 baht tip......

Not many 'Farangs give thought to what the girls endure..... But are happy to have them available for the 100 baht self-fullfilment......

Good luck to all the deserving bargirls who find a 'Good Farang'...... and live a decent life...... 

30 minutes ago, rocketdave said:

Because of the very low season following a rather disappointing Christmas many beer bars have raised the bar fine to 1,000 Baht. Typical Thai economics, low trade , put up price!

The present Army Gov't are the largest cause of what has happened........ Trying to clean up Thailand so that in thier selfish ways they think that they are turning Thailand into the 'closest thing to Heaven' and feel that they are creating a 'big face' for themselves.........

11 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

?

Archived