New Tiered Lady Drink Prices in Soi LK Metro - Be Warned

Ling Kae

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What you cannot do or what you are not supposed to do are two different things, I have never barfined a girl or bought a lady drink in my life, they are nothing but a rip off.

I have heard that before about a girl having to reach lady drink targets, but I believe it is highly unlikely a girl is going to lose her job because she never met a quota for them, especially in the current climate.

No they don't but their money drops. There is a 10 day contract most of the Go Go Dancers do, they get 10K for that. Their drink target is 50 for the period. If the target is not met then the 10K starts going backwards. Sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't. 

22 hours ago, sanemax said:

That is still quite reasonable , paying 200 Baht for a girl to be your friend for 30 minutes and thats including a drink for her .

So funny, the thing is they don't sit with you that long. What they do is approach you 5 minutes before they are due back on stage and no matter what happens when it is her turn to dance she must go on stage, no ifs no buts, not only is the mamasung watching the other girls are clapping for the turn around to happen, they can't get off until the new lot get on.

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

8000 Baht for the night .

2000 Baht barfine 

10 drinks at 200 Baht each .

Sorry , I dont believe you 

Sounds well over the top, but nothing would surprise me any more.

Friends in Chiang Mai have told me that in some bars, the owners are asking 600 baht bar fine and the girls are demanding 6000 baht so-called all night, that usually amounts to about 3 hours and most of these women are no Park Lane models either, average ages late 30s/early 40s and even older. Also, the girls won`t go out with customers until a certain amount of drinks have been bought. It may cost thousands of bahts for what basically amounts to virtually nothing, just an anti climatic evening.

They may have squeezed the golden goose, but now it seems they are killing it off completely.

At one time I used to enjoy the bar scene, going out with mates, having a few laughs and some great times. But these days I fear to venture into the bars, concerned about being ripped-off and treated like a mug. Haven`t been to any bars for a very long time.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:30 PM, peterb17 said:

Who cares - you are exploiting the local poor citizens- how would you feel if the tide was turned and lots of women were buying man drinks? To ogle your speedos ? 

No sympathy  here .

There are plenty of toy boy bars in Thailand were women pay men .

42 minutes ago, The manic said:

There are plenty of toy boy bars in Thailand were women pay men .

Yes, and these are quite lucrative if you are a farang in decent shape.

OK so I checked bin and went elsewhere.

Why did you check the bin? Was it too full?

Then the other night my friend with me was hit up for a 300 baht lady drink for a supposed "lady show" lady drink.

The old my friend story.........

OP, it was like that 20 years ago and it will never change. The so-called lady drinks have never alcohol inside, it's usually something like coke, water, or anything that is poured out of a bottle that formerly had alcohol inside.

When do you understand that you're fooling yourself with each lady drink you're paying for? 

7 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

OK so I checked bin and went elsewhere.

Why did you check the bin? Was it too full?

Then the other night my friend with me was hit up for a 300 baht lady drink for a supposed "lady show" lady drink.

The old my friend story.........

OP, it was like that 20 years ago and it will never change. The so-called lady drinks have never alcohol inside, it's usually something like coke, water, or anything that is poured out of a bottle that formerly had alcohol inside.

When do you understand that you're fooling yourself with each lady drink you're paying for? 

Some lady drink are alcohol. Depends on the girl. Usually Tequila.

If you go into any go go in LK or walking street you should know what to expect. Generally the girls are nicer on the eye and you have to pay more for the privilege of looking at them, even more if there’s a show. Nothing has changed, it’s always been tiered, and they will always try and rip you off for lady drinks and squeeze every last baht out of you. It’s down to you how you want to play. 

When I venture into them I know the score and wouldn’t go unless I wanted a good night out and was willing to pay for it in line with the above. 

They love the moralistic ferangs who keep bunging them money thinking they are their saviour of the day and they are somehow saving the family from starvation. 

I treat them with respect and in turn never had any grief just good memories. If I did I would take my custom elsewhere. 

If you can’t afford to play, go to a 50 beer bar and browse what they have to offer. Nothing wrong with that. Mix and match. Variety is the spice of life. 

6 minutes ago, The manic said:

Giks do not charge. Giks are sex buddies. Lovers of sorts but about sex, not love and not money.

Oh, thanks for the lesson! I should have written take a 100 baht bitcchh...., my apologies.

BTW, even giks, or gigs, where the word's coming from are seldom doing things for free.

A new moped, a nice ring, a golden necklace, nothing is free in this world, my friend. 

18 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

(except one friend one time, I didn't want to remain friends with this guy who carries a bottle of water in his pants pocket and when we went into a bar/go-go he would pull out the water and set it on the table and tell the waitress "No Drink", "I got my water".......... That was the beginning of the end for me...... LOL ..... (And that guy still wanted to 'touch up' the girls)

What is the protocol for groping the girls ?

I assume that you have to buy them a drink before groping them ?

Can't just walk in and have a feel .

Is a grope guaranteed or is it up to the woman ?

Do you have to ask first or just get on with the grope ?

150 Baht on a ladies drink for a 10 minute grope is quite good value .

What is the protocol for groping the girls ?
I assume that you have to buy them a drink before groping them ?
Can't just walk in and have a feel .
Is a grope guaranteed or is it up to the woman ?
Do you have to ask first or just get on with the grope ?
150 Baht on a ladies drink for a 10 minute grope is quite good value .

If you have to ask, your not coming in! 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Oh, thanks for the lesson! I should have written take a 100 baht bitcchh...., my apologies.

BTW, even giks, or gigs, where the word's coming from are seldom doing things for free.

A new moped, a nice ring, a golden necklace, nothing is free in this world, my friend. 

Married Thai women have a gik for sexual companionship.  Men also have giks. Its a free exchange of sex. Giks are not about marriage , love or money primarily although gifts might be exchanged it not the reason for the relationship.  A gik is a f*** buddy.

On 7/18/2018 at 8:04 AM, KittenKong said:

In Thailand you should always ask the price of everything before buying, regardless of what it is.

That's the safe way but in the long run 300 THB for time with a damsel  still isn't outrageous.

I live here but  also choose to enjoy my time.

1 minute ago, The manic said:

Married Thai women have a girl for sexual companionship.  Men also have giks. Its a free exchange of sex. Giks are not about money, love or money primarily although might be exchanged it not the reason for the relationship.  A gik is a f*** buddy.

The Tomboys are steadily increasing which seems to show how good we men really are.):

The Toms pay for almost all for their usually much better-looking giks, right?

The Thai men with their giks, but also foreigners, I included usually pay for this and that, so it's not really just a fragg relationship. 

Nothing is free, even if both need sexual satisfaction so badly. 

18 hours ago, sawadeeken said:

I find the OP 'helpful' as a caution to those who may not know............

But in reading the replies I can see all the 'cheap Charlies' COME OUT OF THE CLOSET............. After 35 years around Pattaya I have been friends with a lot of 'cheap Charlies' and I still remain friends with them...... I feel that everyone has their right to their own 'ways' and beliefs......... (except one friend one time, I didn't want to remain friends with this guy who carries a bottle of water in his pants pocket and when we went into a bar/go-go he would pull out the water and set it on the table and tell the waitress "No Drink", "I got my water".......... That was the beginning of the end for me...... LOL ..... (And that guy still wanted to 'touch up' the girls)

Anyway, After 35 years I have grown to know many, many of the girls..... A few became 'KIKs' for various lengths of time and I learned 'a lot' about 'Their side of the story'........ For sure there are a number of what I call 'SHARKS' (especially the 'seasoned' and 'mostly worn-out' ones).... BUT, in the largest majority there are so many of these girls who are just real people.... they have feelings, a heart, their own beliefs, and a very poor past life, and often a kid from a Thai boy that mom is watching and schooling. And by the encouragement of another 'bar lady' friend they wind up working in a bar.... They dream of being 'lucky' like one or more of their friends who found a 'farang' and is living the 'dream life'........ That is what is 'motivating' so many of these girls....     And.....    What do they get??????         A bunch of these 'cheap Charies' who want to enjoy things that are out of their range so these 'cheap Charlies' come in and drink and want to talk and touch them up, but are too cheap to buy them a drink and after enjoying the girl's company ALSO tuck a 100 baht tip down between their boobs as you leave.......

It seems that so many guys, many friends included, want to 'engourge' themselves with all the pleasures they like, and the girl has to choose between a drink or a 'pittance' 100 baht...............

I live in Pattaya but I drive down to Ban Chang.... 40 minutes drive south.... There are a number of bars there and lady drinks are 100 baht ...... So a 100 baht tip is easy to part with as well...........

I think 'it makes a difference' when you look at these girls as people (some bad... some good... as the cases might be) rather than looking at them ALL like..... 'soi-dogs' that just happen to be there........... 

Mostly...... They are 'Selling a service' - (the only thing they have since nobody was able to send them to university) but they are selling it --- Not 'giving it' (the only way they know)........... So, in essence, It is like wanting to drive a 'BENZ' but you only want to spend for a KIA or MAZDA........ Then YOU are stuck with your choice........ Don't burden these girls with you not being able to afford your pleasures (if they help YOU -- Then be good-hearted enough to help THEM)....... or 'save money' and walk instead of driving anything......

MIND YOU............ I am only speaking my opinion and don't try to shove it down anybody's throat............ Just think on it for what it is worth....

AND....... I DO expect (since I've been around her many years) a rash of cheap Charlie slammers with their 'One-line slammers' replying back to my post........... BUT, I can't understand what most of them are trying 'feebly' to say, in one line, so I disregard them........... If you want to say something.... Don't use One-Line replies  --- make yourself clearly understood, please.........

Sorry but  your post is just  too much for me  as written.

I'll just say that in my experience of a decade +, I've found ALL tourist and  residents to be "cheap Charlies".

No exceptions really.

They  need to find a way to pay less and less.    It's a way to exercise power and feel better about their own crap situation I suspect.

9 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

The Tomboys are steadily increasing which seems to show how good we men really are.):

The Toms pay for almost all for their usually much better-looking giks, right?

The Thai men with their giks, but also foreigners, I included usually pay for this and that, so it's not really just a fragg relationship. 

Nothing is free, even if both need sexual satisfaction so badly. 

If either party is paying  then by definition it is not a gik relationship. It is something else. The definition of gik is a free exchange of sexual pleasure .

1 minute ago, hyku1147 said:

The Newb avoided the gogos because the Lord spoke to him: "Go to Soi Honey my son." Newbie emerged smiling from the sweet soi thinking "Wow! I had a great time, and I still have lots of cash!" Then he thanked the Monger God for the restoration of his  sanity.

Did the lord check the ownership of bars on Soi Honey?

For me, if I have got the girl a few lady drinks, and been with her a bit, and she wants more drinks, if I like her, I will ask her, you want drink or 200BHT, and if they need to get more drinks in to keep her quota up, what ever they pick I am happy with, but the girls tend to like this, as it shows you at least understand it from there side a little bit.

I know one very good bar, where all the lady drinks are the same price, but if the girl wants a bigger price drink,  the price to the costumer is the same, but her cut go's down.

Archived