New Tiered Lady Drink Prices in Soi LK Metro - Be Warned

Ling Kae

Was in a beer bar last night, I bought the girls a "Beer Tamada" (Tamada) means normal customer price in Thai. It was either that or zero beers so they gladly accepted it. It's ok to do that in beer bars as there is no quotas however that won't happen in Go Go bars.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

This has been going on in some soi cowboy bars for a few years now, to the extent it's become normalised. 

I no longer go to the "Soi".   : P

eg B's quality is down and their prices are up.

You have to be careful with making generalisations. My favourite gogo. I know the dance rotation times. You ask the girl what she wants to drink while she is on stage 5 mins before end. She will either come off immediatly or after and stay 20 mins until next dance. After she will come back. If another customer asks her for a drink she will indicate shes already with another customer. But will accept the drink. As long as you are buying her a drink ever 40 mins inbetween 20 mins dance she will stay with you.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:50 PM, sanemax said:

You have to face the reality , the girls just dont want to sit next to you .

Do you actually know anything about gogos? to say that, I'd assume you never went in one, or only looked in the door.

To give an ignorant reply like that, is just wasting pixels.

BTW, I don't buy lady drinks anymore anyway, precisely because of the "go dance" BS.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, bkk6060 said:

The entire Gogo scene is a scam:

Buy a drink quickly.

Buy her a drink quickly.

1/2 finished with yours hey, you need to buy another.

She gulps hers and wants another.

Her friend comes up and wants a drink also. Hey, don't want to look like a Cheap Charlie..

The Mamasaan comes up and wants a drink. Geez, you want to save face and make the boss happy, right?

Then, maybe another friend comes up and wants a drink.  Don't buy it and they all give you dirty looks and soon all walk away.

Bill:  1000 b plus...

But, your hopes are up move to the next place maybe that will be better??.....

I guess one can justify all this with:  Like, For the 5 minutes she sat with me I had a good time.

Great job way to go........

No one is forced to buy drinks. I think some lose their brains when buying drinks for "friends" of the one that you are sitting with.

If they don't like it, time to move on.

On July 24, 2018 at 3:56 AM, bkk6060 said:

The entire Gogo scene is a scam:

Buy a drink quickly.

Buy her a drink quickly.

1/2 finished with yours hey, you need to buy another.

She gulps hers and wants another.

Her friend comes up and wants a drink also. Hey, don't want to look like a Cheap Charlie..

The Mamasaan comes up and wants a drink. Geez, you want to save face and make the boss happy, right?

Then, maybe another friend comes up and wants a drink.  Don't buy it and they all give you dirty looks and soon all walk away.

Bill:  1000 b plus...

But, your hopes are up move to the next place maybe that will be better??.....

I guess one can justify all this with:  Like, For the 5 minutes she sat with me I had a good time.

Great job way to go........

of course its a scam. they are tourist traps. never figured out why some guys frequent them regularly other then a first time been there done that visit.

cant be the women or drinking, there are easier, more affordable and better options all over.

the only reason ive found is the voyeur aspect.

specifically, being seen by other guys with a nice looking lady, or wanting to watch other guys with ladies. specifically, a homo aspect thats not at all obvious to a casual observer.

think about it

I have been known to buy a draft beer for 65 baht and sit on it for an hour without buying any ladies drinks. During that time I see the whole lot of them dance, once done I move on to the next Go Go but eventually I weaken somewhere along the line.?

2 hours ago, Dick Crank said:

of course its a scam. they are tourist traps. never figured out why some guys frequent them regularly other then a first time been there done that visit.

cant be the women or drinking, there are easier, more affordable and better options all over.

the only reason ive found is the voyeur aspect.

specifically, being seen by other guys with a nice looking lady, or wanting to watch other guys with ladies. specifically, a homo aspect thats not at all obvious to a casual observer.

think about it

It's men looking at naked chicks.  

15 minutes ago, Dick Crank said:

wrong dude, its about men being with other men looking at naked chicks.

think about it...

HUH??????? I thought about it???????  Explain it a bit more........................

Are the two guys 'Gay' and looking at chicks but desiring each other so 'NO' drink allowance for the naked girls???????????

I'M lost ............... Explain a bit more ...... Please..............

On 7/25/2018 at 9:06 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

No one is forced to buy drinks. I think some lose their brains when buying drinks for "friends" of the one that you are sitting with.

If they don't like it, time to move on.

Depending on the girls I will or will not be up for buying a friend drink. Same as for the girl. I do admire the communism of the girls taking care of each other and spreading the wealth. Hopefully they are the beneficiary of it too.  They do what it takes to survive. I had a friend who really liked her new cap. We went to a bar to see her friend. The friend really liked the cap and the girl gave it to her. I had a friend whose friend had recently joined a bar. The older girls were harassing her. My friend hired 5 lady boys to straighten them out. Take time to understand the culture and how things work. See the other side of things. Poster is right. If you don't like it, move on.

2 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Depending on the girls I will or will not be up for buying a friend drink. Same as for the girl. I do admire the communism of the girls taking care of each other and spreading the wealth. Hopefully they are the beneficiary of it too.

.. I had a friend whose friend had recently joined a bar. The older girls were harassing her. My friend hired 5 lady boys to straighten them out. Take time to understand the culture

So hiring 5 Ladyboys to be enforcers is your idea of understanding Thai culture?

Wow, ok whatever you think....

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

So hiring 5 Ladyboys to be enforcers is your idea of understanding Thai culture?

Wow, ok whatever you think....

Nothing personal but you have apparently been unable to see the forest for the trees.

On 7/18/2018 at 7:51 PM, sanemax said:

2000 Baht barfine , thats just for the barfine 

Which establishments charge that ?

Was in Champagne on Soi LK Metro two nights ago and my friend (yes, really, my friend) wanted to pay a lady's barfine.  1,500 baht was the price.  Needless to say, she had to try and find another sucker!

19 minutes ago, mstevens said:

Was in Champagne on Soi LK Metro two nights ago and my friend (yes, really, my friend) wanted to pay a lady's barfine.  1,500 baht was the price.  Needless to say, she had to try and find another sucker!

If she’s a showgirl they use the excuse that she’s needed hence the price. Normally if it’s late it will reduce by the minute. 

On 7/27/2018 at 5:49 AM, Dick Crank said:

wrong dude, its about men being with other men looking at naked chicks.

think about it...

It's about men, plural, looking at naked girls , evaluating them, buying them drinks,  petting them, and maybe bar fining them , having  sex and then getting their number to avoid BFs in the future. Don't think about it. Do it!

On 7/26/2018 at 10:16 AM, Ling Kae said:

I have been known to buy a draft beer for 65 baht and sit on it for an hour without buying any ladies drinks. During that time I see the whole lot of them dance, once done I move on to the next Go Go but eventually I weaken somewhere along the line.?

Another cheap charlie

On 7/26/2018 at 4:16 PM, Ling Kae said:

Did you take a sip of your drink or did you just leave it on the table waiting for it to naturally evaporate ?

On 7/27/2018 at 4:50 PM, mstevens said:

Several places on WS are 2,000 now.  Plus the girl wants a 3,000 b tip.

And the places are busy with Asian guys taking the girls out.

Hey, it is their money they can do what they want.  And that may be inexpensive for a Japanese or Korean man compared to their country.

On 7/19/2018 at 9:19 PM, balo said:

I don't waste my money on ladydrinks , if I have to drink a beer I drink it and tip the bar staff .  I said bar staff , bar girls are not the same as prostitutes , even if some people think they are.     

Are Bar girls not the same as prostitutes, teacher? Bar girls work in bars and offer their services to customers who want to buy sex. Short time, or for your whole holiday, it's only a matter of how much you're willing to pay for the service. Bar girls in Europe are doing the same service, methinks. Innit?

What does the internet say?

bar girl

Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com

noun
  1. a barmaid.
  2. B-girl.
  3. a female prostitute who frequents bars in search of customers.

On 7/26/2018 at 10:16 AM, Ling Kae said:

I prefer a more hands on experience!

8 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Are Bar girls not the same as prostitutes, teacher? Bar girls work in bars and offer their services to customers who want to buy sex. Short time, or for your whole holiday, it's only a matter of how much you're willing to pay for the service. Bar girls in Europe are doing the same service, methinks. Innit?

What does the internet say?

bar girl

Word Origin

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com

noun
  1. a barmaid.
  2. B-girl.
  3. a female prostitute who frequents bars in search of customers.

She does not frequent a bar. She works there as service staff.A girl who frequents a bar is a freelancer.

12 minutes ago, The manic said:

She does not frequent a bar. She works there as service staff.A girl who frequents a bar is a freelancer.

Going to a bar frequently is considered to a frequenting a bar , the reasons why they go there is not important .

Prostitutes/ bargirls go to the bar more frequently than freelancers 

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Going to a bar frequently is considered to a frequenting a bar , the reasons why they go there is not important .

Prostitutes/ bargirls go to the bar more frequently than freelancers 

Frequenting is not working at a bar. It means being there. I frequent bars. The staff in pub are working behind the bar are not frequenting the bar. The customers on the other side of the bar are frequenting the bar. Freelancers are independent sex workers who visit, drink at or frequent bar. This kind of idiomatic English is difficult for non english speakers.

2 minutes ago, The manic said:

Frequenting is not working at a bar. It means being there. I frequent bars. The staff in pub are working behind the bar are not frequenting the bar. The customers on the other side of the bar are frequenting the bar.

Lets not get into a disagreement about what words mean , a bargirl is a person who sells sex for money , which makes her a prostitute .

Freelancers are prostitutes that you dont have to pay a barfine for

Archived