BANGKOK 23 July 2019 18:42
Ling Kae

New Tiered Lady Drink Prices in Soi LK Metro - Be Warned

Edited by poanoi

19 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What you cannot do or what you are not supposed to do are two different things, I have never barfined a girl or bought a lady drink in my life, they are nothing but a rip off.

I have heard that before about a girl having to reach lady drink targets, but I believe it is highly unlikely a girl is going to lose her job because she never met a quota for them, especially in the current climate.

No they don't but their money drops. There is a 10 day contract most of the Go Go Dancers do, they get 10K for that. Their drink target is 50 for the period. If the target is not met then the 10K starts going backwards. Sometimes they make it, sometimes they don't. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sanemax said:

That is still quite reasonable , paying 200 Baht for a girl to be your friend for 30 minutes and thats including a drink for her .

So funny, the thing is they don't sit with you that long. What they do is approach you 5 minutes before they are due back on stage and no matter what happens when it is her turn to dance she must go on stage, no ifs no buts, not only is the mamasung watching the other girls are clapping for the turn around to happen, they can't get off until the new lot get on.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

8000 Baht for the night .

2000 Baht barfine 

10 drinks at 200 Baht each .

Sorry , I dont believe you 

Sounds well over the top, but nothing would surprise me any more.

Friends in Chiang Mai have told me that in some bars, the owners are asking 600 baht bar fine and the girls are demanding 6000 baht so-called all night, that usually amounts to about 3 hours and most of these women are no Park Lane models either, average ages late 30s/early 40s and even older. Also, the girls won`t go out with customers until a certain amount of drinks have been bought. It may cost thousands of bahts for what basically amounts to virtually nothing, just an anti climatic evening.

They may have squeezed the golden goose, but now it seems they are killing it off completely.

At one time I used to enjoy the bar scene, going out with mates, having a few laughs and some great times. But these days I fear to venture into the bars, concerned about being ripped-off and treated like a mug. Haven`t been to any bars for a very long time.

On 7/18/2018 at 2:30 PM, peterb17 said:

Who cares - you are exploiting the local poor citizens- how would you feel if the tide was turned and lots of women were buying man drinks? To ogle your speedos ? 

No sympathy  here .

There are plenty of toy boy bars in Thailand were women pay men .

42 minutes ago, The manic said:

There are plenty of toy boy bars in Thailand were women pay men .

Yes, and these are quite lucrative if you are a farang in decent shape.

OK so I checked bin and went elsewhere.

Why did you check the bin? Was it too full?

Then the other night my friend with me was hit up for a 300 baht lady drink for a supposed "lady show" lady drink.

The old my friend story.........

OP, it was like that 20 years ago and it will never change. The so-called lady drinks have never alcohol inside, it's usually something like coke, water, or anything that is poured out of a bottle that formerly had alcohol inside.

When do you understand that you're fooling yourself with each lady drink you're paying for? 

Edited by jenny2017

15 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Yes, and these are quite lucrative if you are a farang in decent shape.

You mean when you look like me? 

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

And the Monger God said to the Newb -  "Go to Beach Road - my son."

Get a 100 baht short time gik and watch your socks. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

OK so I checked bin and went elsewhere.

Why did you check the bin? Was it too full?

Then the other night my friend with me was hit up for a 300 baht lady drink for a supposed "lady show" lady drink.

The old my friend story.........

OP, it was like that 20 years ago and it will never change. The so-called lady drinks have never alcohol inside, it's usually something like coke, water, or anything that is poured out of a bottle that formerly had alcohol inside.

When do you understand that you're fooling yourself with each lady drink you're paying for? 

Some lady drink are alcohol. Depends on the girl. Usually Tequila.

On 7/18/2018 at 3:57 PM, catman20 said:

wont effect me i very seldom buy lady drinks :drunk:

Kee Nok! ?

6 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Get a 100 baht short time gik and watch your socks. 

Giks do not charge. Giks are sex buddies. Lovers of sorts but about sex, not love and not money.

If you go into any go go in LK or walking street you should know what to expect. Generally the girls are nicer on the eye and you have to pay more for the privilege of looking at them, even more if there’s a show. Nothing has changed, it’s always been tiered, and they will always try and rip you off for lady drinks and squeeze every last baht out of you. It’s down to you how you want to play. 

When I venture into them I know the score and wouldn’t go unless I wanted a good night out and was willing to pay for it in line with the above. 

They love the moralistic ferangs who keep bunging them money thinking they are their saviour of the day and they are somehow saving the family from starvation. 

I treat them with respect and in turn never had any grief just good memories. If I did I would take my custom elsewhere. 

If you can’t afford to play, go to a 50 beer bar and browse what they have to offer. Nothing wrong with that. Mix and match. Variety is the spice of life. 

• Thanks 1