Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Four million becomes 2,300 baht! Bangkok condo residents go to police over missing fees

Recommended Posts

Four million becomes 2,300 baht! Bangkok condo residents go to police over missing fees

 

3PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

 

A group of condominium residents have gone to Huay Khwang police to complain they have been robbed by the juristic person's office.

 

Sornram Phoomchai, 36, on behalf of thirty residents said that a fund that should have 4 million baht contained just 2,300 baht.

 

Residents have demanded where the money is but have just been fobbed off with spurious explanations, he said.

 

In addition people who have complained about the situation and stopped paying because they believe their maintenance fees are just being pocketed have found themselves cut off from electricity and water supplies.

 

While a 64 year old resident who arranged with the office to receive rental got nothing and was told his renters had gone abroad.

 

However, when he contacted the renters they said they were still paying the rent as agreed even though they were not in Thailand.

 

He wants to know where his money is too.

 

No annual meetings have been held with residents to explain finances that is a legal requirement of juristic person offices in Thailand, said the claimants.

 

Police promised to look into the matter.

 

As is customary in such cases the condo complex - described as prestigious - was not named in the Daily News report.

 

Source: Daily News

 

 

tvn_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, webfact said:

Police promised to look into the matter.

Sounds comforting. :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When asked by reporters for a comment the 'Juristic persons Office' was quoted as saying

 

'Another 2,300 Baht, how did I miss that'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vacuum said:
6 minutes ago, webfact said:

Police promised to look into the matter.

Sounds comforting. :smile:

Just about as comforting as the police looking into a hole that appeared in the road.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need Big Joke to take this one on , he will get to the bottom of what's been happening .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A juristic person manager can be by law, sued for anything that he/she responsible for including funds managements and the daily running of the property should there be misappropriation of funds and dereliction of duties....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sort of thing happens far more often than most people imagine. Endless scams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ezzra said:

A juristic person manager can be by law, sued for anything that he/she responsible for including funds managements and the daily running of the property should there be misappropriation of funds and dereliction of duties....

This is true.

But to do that one would have to explain to all co-owners what is going on, and get them to agree to legal action, and organise the legal action and pay for it. And all that will be need to be done by some concerned co-owner who isnt even getting paid for his time.

Also you are working against the very person who arranges meetings and is responsible for the dissemination of all information in the building: the JPM.

In a building where perhaps 75% or more of co-owners live elsewhere and never attend meetings, that may be quite hard to achieve and this is why this sort of fraud is so common here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where in the world could you hear this sentence every day. Have demanded where the money is but have just been fobbed off with spurious explanations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

This is true.

But to do that one would have to explain to all co-owners what is going on, and get them to agree to legal action, and organise the legal action and pay for it. And all that will be need to be done by some concerned co-owner who isnt even getting paid for his time.

Also you are working against the very person who arranges meetings and is responsible for the dissemination of all information in the building: the JPM.

In a building where perhaps 75% or more of co-owners live elsewhere and never attend meetings, that may be quite hard to achieve and this is why this sort of fraud is so common here.

Can I expand so common and add so easy .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a bit of creative accounting been going on.

regards worgeordie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its just Thai mentality,nothing more,nothing less.pure thievery fully embedded in what we call thainess.nice to see its not a farang losing out for once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are condo residents getting the police involved?

That will only cost them more money.

I think there is a reasonable explanation for this, the juristic person has lodged the missing money in his own account for safe keeping.:cheesy::shock1::cheesy::shock1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Can I expand so common and add so easy .

It is indeed very easy to commit this sort of fraud here.

 

Everything I have ever seen of Thai condo accounting and office management has been utterly abysmal and audits here are a complete joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a friend who is a very successful real estate investor in the USA. He owns 23 houses there.

 

The only piece of property he regrets buying is his condo in Thailand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...