Four million becomes 2,300 baht! Bangkok condo residents go to police over missing fees

webfact

10 minutes ago, dutchweller said:

Absolutely correct

I am currently in the final stages of being sued for Defamation.
The law is quite clear and also most people who use it to threaten people with legal action have no Idea what it actually means..

I went from being sued for Millions...to now after a very brief court appearance and the judge scolding the claimant and his lawyer for "wasting the courts time"  and being threatened with penalty for such..
The whole thing has gone away and the claimant was forced to pay all my legal costs and out of cost expenses..

i was under the impression you were never awarded costs in Thailand as i have had some friends gone to court over other things and they were told can not claim costs.

firstly. The co owners have only themselves to blame.

next, the police,  land office,  banks,  and lawyers won't help. 

Next, I believe going down the dark route is the only viable option. 

I've seen similar things happen and at the end of the day you just have to shuffle the sand with your new shoes, bite your bottom lip and say,  I don't give a crap. 

Otherwise the quick solution is to shut-down the building,  hold an extra ordinary meeting with the signature obtained.  Vote new Jp and everyone who pays 2000 Baht can walk back in the building.  Go Trump!

a while back my upscale 98% thai condo had a similar problem.  the uni grad sweet as can be accountant that worked in the juristic office and received all the fees had a big discrepancy when an outside forensic accountant was called in.

the owners offered her 2 options,

# repay the money

# go to prison

she coughed up the money

if corruption were an olympic sport i know which country would bring home the gold

14 hours ago, ThaidDown said:

When asked by reporters for a comment the 'Juristic persons Office' was quoted as saying

'Another 2,300 Baht, how did I miss that'

Most Thai thieves actually are quite considerate, they often leave a little money to get home or call a friend.

as i noticed when several thousand baht is gone from wallet and always is remaining  300baht they dont take.

maybe lucky numbers 3 i dont know

in this case,

I think they left 3000baht behind for good  kharma but someone wanted 700 for a nice bottle of scotch.

16 hours ago, dutchweller said:

Not true

Section 330. Truth as a Defense

In case of defamation, if the person prosecuted for defamation can prove that the imputation made by him is true, he shall not be punished. But he shall not be allowed to prove if such imputation concerns personal matters, and such proof will not be benefit to the public.

So any decent lawyer would argue the knowledge of the dodgy business, Condo manager,  would be of benefit to public to avoid further scamming..

Thanks for the update... so if this is how it is, why won't news sources (sadly, including TV) name names?  Fear of lawsuit anyway? Programmed in "always defer to superiors"?

On 7/19/2018 at 12:37 AM, tryasimight said:

And yet 99% of farang condo owners never have a problem regardless of the doom and gloom naysayers on this forum. Most have an easy, laid back,hassle free existence. 

The ripoffs are few and far between in reality 

No, it's just that they are too stupid to realise what is going on. That, or they do realise but choose to ignore it so as to continue with their (imaginary) hassle-free existence.

This is why in most buildings so few co-owners attend meetings, and why even fewer want to be on the committee.

The rip-offs are widespread and easy to spot - thieves here are not very bright - but dealing with them is a pain in the backside. Not least because all the building staff will probably be involved in one way or another.

23 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Thanks for the update... so if this is how it is, why won't news sources (sadly, including TV) name names?  Fear of lawsuit anyway?

Yes, they dont want a lawsuit even if they can win it. Anyone who has ever been involved in a court dispute in Thailand will know why it should be avoided if at all possible.

8 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

No, it's just that they are too stupid to realise what is going on. That, or they do realise but choose to ignore it so as to continue with their (imaginary) hassle-free existence.

This is why in most buildings so few co-owners attend meetings, and why even fewer want to be on the committee.

The rip-offs are widespread and easy to spot - thieves here are not very bright - but dealing with them is a pain in the backside. Not least because all the building staff will probably be involved in one way or another.

Yep , my neighbouring 2 different condo blocks have had their 'sinking funds' stolen at different times.

In fact one has had their maintenance funds pilferred twice.... once by the buildings own developer who legally wasnt supposed to even  be on the board !

She still gets around the town in her nice Merc ... boy did she get a stiff warning from the judge !

Archived