Road accidents getting worse! Eight per cent increase on last year

webfact

5G is coming, it will roll-out in the US for public use before xmas. Unlike all other technology before it,  it won't begin at a price premium, it's just a question of the network being upgraded, which will also be faster than the original mobile network roll-out. The things it will do,  and must do,  such as AI traffic systems, will utterly change the world in the same way automobiles and jetplanes did. 

Bikes in particular will be speed-limited by the monitoring system, and there will be no way to disable it without major modifications the motoring morons won't be able to make. Bring It! 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Some folk went to extreme lengths  protecting thereselves when out on the roads ..

IMG_20180718_053124.jpg

There's only one country you'd need a bike like that and it's certainly not Thailand!

Surely, that must be a mistake with the numbers!

Didn't the almighty PM create a new "program" to have less road- accidents?

Surely, programs from a brilliant man like him, with all his knowledge and the power of the good people of the law- enforcement, would absolutely reduce the number of accidents!

We really have to give him a bit more time...like...an eternity....!

:coffee1:

3 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Somchai, comes through every time.

Got to keep  that top slot world wide. 

The worst  Drivers / Riders in the world,  good job boys  :thumbsup:

And they keep the charcoal makers in business, 

and the Saffron boys in new robes.  win win. :jap:

Charcoal ?  They use old Rubber Tyres and chopped up trees around our way !

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thaivisa notes that this is just a fraction of the actual death toll because it is just those deaths that occur on roads under the jurisdiction of the Highways Department.

The real figure is likely to be in the region of 1,500 - 2000 fatalities per month on all of Thailand's roads.

The average last year was over 2,166 per month...

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

But, but, but they have a brilliant expert in charge of road safety measures.

Right Sir? Eh, hello Sir, HELLOOO!

sleepy toad.jpg

this pathetic display of drowsiness is one of the biggest factors to this road carnage....thais cannot drive tired , and thais are tired most of their wakeing day...

3 hours ago, bioluminescences said:

Cell-phone use and text messaging in cars and on motorbikes is becoming increasingly prevalent.  When is the last time you saw someone who wasn't on a wired device?

And one of the most ludicrous, dangerous things I often see is taxi drivers in BKK watching television soaps (on their dashboard TV screen) while driving. Madness - begging for a fatal crash.

5 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

The implication's of vehicle overloading should be fairly obvious shouldn't it  .. But they wouldn't have it any other way .. Would they .? 

IMG_20180718_100052.jpg

IMG_20180718_094616.jpg

IMG_20180718_100111.jpg

IMG_20180718_100134.jpg

Utter stupidity - from top to bottom, up and down, sideways and backwards of the Kingdom.

38 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

The implication's of vehicle overloading should be fairly obvious shouldn't it  .. But they wouldn't have it any other way .. Would they .? 

IMG_20180718_100111.jpg

Looks like the cheeky buggers are playing HI-LO in that back of that truck

That's outrageous,  someone call the cops.

13 minutes ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Population Control. If they REALLY wanted to fix it they would and eventually could bring it into what could be considered 'reasonable' for the population.  What 'reasonable' accident rates might be is up to them.  Maybe they think it is already 'reasonable'...

I doubt they could or even will do anything .. Just look at the bikes ridden around Patt' by jockeys with no helmet , on the phone , overloaded , speeding , p*ssed the list goes on .. Only today there's another thread on a bird who wrapped her Toyota up whilst p*ssed ( allegedly ) this apparently being the 2nd time in 3 yrs for her .. Where i come from that would have the Magistrate reaching for a fairly heavy book to throw at you .. There would be too many uncomfortable inroads made into Thai society and their way of life for there to be a fundamental drop in the carnage on the roads 'ere .. I've mentioned this once before but will re-air it to kinda underline the prevailing attitude here .. My bird has got a Honda Jazz that has the ABS light illuminated ( for months now ) .. when I casually mentioned the light was indicating a possible fault in the braking system her response was to put a furry toy in the instrument panel so she didn't have to look at the light and hang a load more luckee charms from the rear view mirror .. They ain't gonna learn with that sort of attitude

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Already named as the most dangerous place on earth to drive

But it's not the most dangerous place on earth to drive. It's the most dangerous place on earth to ride a motorcycle or be a pedestrian. What makes Thailand so dangerous is the mix of bikes and cars and especially these days, the number of cars. 20 years ago if you came off your bike you could pick yourself off the road and inspect the damage, These days you're likely to get run over like a rabbit by the three cars following you. 

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

IMG_20180718_100052.jpg

IMG_20180718_094616.jpg

IMG_20180718_100111.jpg

IMG_20180718_100134.jpg

Imagine sitting in your sala enjoying a cup of Earl Grey tea  and seeing that ton of tins going past , what is it all coming too ?

You have no use for a drivers licence here , you are better off with The Rules of Engagement .  When I am out and about on the roads I think that every Somchai is out to get me. The one in front is looking for his mate eating noodens and he could swerve across the road at any time , the one coming up behind has nodded off and could up your rear anytime , the ones either side will pull out as waiting for you to pass first is a loss of face. Thai are lovely folk  but when behind the wheel the red mist comes down and they change.

Archived