Road accidents getting worse! Eight per cent increase on last year

webfact

11 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

You have no use for a drivers licence here , you are better off with The Rules of Engagement .  When I am out and about on the roads I think that every Somchai is out to get me. The one in front is looking for his mate eating noodens and he could swerve across the road at any time , the one coming up behind has nodded off and could up your rear anytime , the ones either side will pull out as waiting for you to pass first is a loss of face. Thai are lovely folk  but when behind the wheel the red mist comes down and they change.

No hope toofarnorth when the old bill are in on it also .. Amazing Thailand indeed ..

IMG_20180718_113659.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Imagine sitting in your sala enjoying a cup of Earl Grey tea  and seeing that ton of tins going past , what is it all coming too ?

Sometimes it comes to this if they take the p*ss too much with the overloading ..

IMG_20180718_115215.jpg

There is a very simple reason why so many people drive the way they do. Thais have no concept of cause and effect. They really have no idea that the way they drive could kill both themselves and others. Why they have no such concept might be down to education, or not believing the need to take responsibility for anything ever as that means losing face. Thais will always do whatever they want to do, regardless. It really is a very primitive society.

a lawless society that cant stay awake,with no restrctions on tinted windows and the air con set at 24 degrees..what could possibly go wrong....why not play some Kenny G while they drive..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yeah, thanks to that 8% they managed to take the first place in yearly death toll per 100000 people. Why start to complain now?

This is the kind of result you can achieve with all round team work

everyone is texting and driving, watching a tv screen, taking pics of the sunsets.

If you really want to see just how many people on the road are using their phones while driving, drive at night. During the daytime, the tinted windows are a hindrance, at night, it's very obvious.

When can we get paid to report using phones while driving with photo or video proof?

It would be a great job for many since the police can't seem to do it.

19 hours ago, seajae said:
I have said it time and again as have many in here, until such time as the police are made to go out on the roads in proper police cars and bikes to pull over anyone breaking the law and issuing fines or arresting them this will not improve. How in the hell can they expect the carnage on thai roads to get better when no one is stopped when breaking the law, thais are aware that the police do nothing so they continually flaunt the rules, thats if they even know them. Every time I drive on the roads I see countless breaches of the rules, the police at intersections simply stand there and do nothing about it, way past time police started pulling over all these law breakers, underage unlicensed riders and drivers need to be removed form the road, laws enforced, breathalyzer areas  set up randomly as well. Driving from Surat Thani to Bangkok we rarely get to do so without seeing at least one dead person on the roads, no one gives a sh*t, especially the police. In western countries there is always a police presence on the roads enforcing the laws, can be readily seen how good this is by their much lower road deaths, time to get thai police off their arse in air conditioned offices and out on the road

Indeed indeed! Got rare glimpse of patrol car in Bangkok one time recently... Parked on the sidewalk, engine running, 2 officers in air conditioned comfort watching people on the sidewalk. Bikes riding against the traffic and on the sidewalk passing the car, but no action by the officers in the car. 1 hour later, car and occupants still there, doing <deleted>.all. Pathetic.

6 hours ago, jerojero said:

Indeed indeed! Got rare glimpse of patrol car in Bangkok one time recently... Parked on the sidewalk, engine running, 2 officers in air conditioned comfort watching people on the sidewalk. Bikes riding against the traffic and on the sidewalk passing the car, but no action by the officers in the car. 1 hour later, car and occupants still there, doing <deleted>.all. Pathetic.

This is just not true.

They were using Fake book, Line. or playing Pokemon Go.

That's classed as work now days in Thailand. :smile: 

14 hours ago, JAG said:

It is a sobering thought, but I drove for nearly fourty years in the UK and Europe, and saw the immediate aftermath of perhaps 3 fatal accidents in all that time. I've been driving here for 5 years and I must have seen a dozen.

I know this may seem counterintuitive to some, but knowing it's dangerous here could make it safer as you remain more alert and don't take your safety for granted. You expect bad things to happen, so you're always on the lookout. For example, at green lights, you don't just barrel through, but treat it as an uncontrolled intersection and look left and right before proceeding.

9 hours ago, toofarnorth said:
10 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Sometimes it comes to this if they take the p*ss too much with the overloading ..

IMG_20180718_115215.jpg

Oh my Buddha , we need a smaller one Somchai !

Just put it on a boil wash, that will shrink it.

11 hours ago, Justgrazing said:
11 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Looks like the cheeky buggers are playing HI-LO in that back of that truck

That's outrageous,  someone call the cops.

The dude on the left looks like he's asleep .. 

Nah, someone's just pressed the 'standby' button on the remote control.

19 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Here's some subject matter for TAT's storytelling competition...……….The wonderful destination story contest.

Does that mean you have to calculate the chance of arriving at your destination alive?

There is a very simple reason why so many people drive the way they do. Thais have no concept of cause and effect. They really have no idea that the way they drive could kill both themselves and others. Why they have no such concept might be down to education, or not believing the need to take responsibility for anything ever as that means losing face. Thais will always do whatever they want to do, regardless. It really is a very primitive society.

Perfect summing up of the whole society in every aspect of life !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, markaoffy said:

Perfect summing up of the whole society in every aspect of life !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, and the supreme irony is that Buddhism emphasises the Law of Karma - which is precisely the Law of Cause and Effect. Most Thais seem to have heard of this (most that I speak to) - but they don't seem to apply an understanding of it to their daily life!

Road accidents getting worse! Eight per cent increase on last year

This is hardly surprising when the Thai government class failing to stop at a red light & going the wrong way down a road as minor offences !!!!

I propose a new style of crash hat. to keep Thailand top of the list.

it's biodegradable and offers all the protection required here.

i have not seen a model  with a chin strap,  but i don't think that's so  impotent,in it's  ultimate function.

These should be given free at all service stations and convenience stores. 

Safety first, you know it makes sense. :jap:

Paper hat.jpg

4 hours ago, Eligius said:

Yes, and the supreme irony is that Buddhism emphasises the Law of Karma - which is precisely the Law of Cause and Effect. Most Thais seem to have heard of this (most that I speak to) - but they don't seem to apply an understanding of it to their daily life!

And good on them for not applying it to their daily lives. They realise it's indoctrinated pure fiction.

5 hours ago, utalkin2me said:

Were there the exact same amount of drivers year to year though? The statistic seems to assume that. Maybe there were a lot more people driving this June. 

Well they would need a few thousand just to stand still on numbers to replace those who fell by the wayside

Not to mention those who came to their senses and gave it all up

Archived