Swedish tourist killed in Pattaya motorcycle crash

webfact

Swedish tourist killed in Pattaya motorcycle crash

By The Nation

swede.jpg

Picture//Facebook

A Swedish tourist was fatally injured when his motorcycle collided with another motorbike on a Pattaya road early on Wednesday, police said.

The Pattaya police station was alerted of the accident on Jomtien 2 road in Tambon Nong Plue in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district at 12.30am.

The tourist, Tommi Nilson, 38, died on his way to hospital.

A witness, Nattharat Sainuch, 29, told police that the Swede sped past him, swerved right to avoid a car parked on the roadside and crashed into another motorcycle, sending him down and sliding on the road for several metres.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350297

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-18

12 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

When will they ever learn?

RIP.

But he has learned.....the hard way.had big bikes most of my life and sold my beloved ducati last year...why? Because I want to live and not be disabled are just 2 of the 100's of reasons riding in Thailand.here in my village in issan we all sold up our big bikes.now we just have pcx's.our motto is if you crash,eat rice.in other words crash in a rice field.

2 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

But he has learned.....the hard way.had big bikes most of my life and sold my beloved ducati last year...why? Because I want to live and not be disabled are just 2 of the 100's of reasons riding in Thailand.here in my village in issan we all sold up our big bikes.now we just have pcx's.our motto is if you crash,eat rice.in other words crash in a rice field.

I didn't gather he was riding a big bike.

But I think death  or dismemberment is entirely possible on any size bike, especially in Thailand.

Learned or not if he has family  and friends they have my sympathy.

9 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Just as easy to die on a PCX... 

Wear a proper helmet and don't drive drunk, that's my motto ?

Yes probably a scooter is more dangerous than a big bike.i could easily out brake my pcx with my ducati at the same speed.as in health and safety at work,always look after your head,hands and feet.

I'm staying at a resort at Hua Hin at the moment. Yesterday a French tourist comes and rents a mc from the owner, the owner only had a manual gear mc available, the French guy wanted an auto but had a test drive first on the manual. During his test drive the front of the mc was leaping up in the air as he changed gears. Anyway, he took the bike and off he went. As of this moment he hasn't returned and I hope he's OK. But....he doesn't know how to correctly drive this vehicle; being French he's used to driving on the other side of the road; being a tourist he has no experience with Thailand traffic.

5 hours ago, happy chappie said:

If the report was correct then the fact that this happened in Thailand seems irrelevant.  Most likely he was drunk and caused the accident by his own stupidity.  Having a big bike isn't going to kill you any more than a scooter will.

6 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Same here ! But as soon as I arrived in Thailand ! People who keep riding here because it's so important for them unfortunately (for their kids!) deserve what happens....

6 hours ago, watcharacters said:

If you open the report you see a photo.

Assuming it's the victims ride (not sure)

I have no expertise in bikes but to me it is neither a scooter nor a big bike.

Some kind of "off road"/"trail bike"?

It's his bike following a report in sanook.com.

It translates as a "motocross".

He crashed into a PCX.

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

If you open the report you see a photo.

Assuming it's the victims ride (not sure):

I have no expertise in bikes but to me it is neither a scooter nor a big bike.

Some kind of "off road"/"trail bike"?

yes looks like an 'offroad' bike with offroad tyres, those knobblies are frightening on a wet road. 

Thrapaya (my spelling) is a favorite to "let it out" and when I hear a cyclist roaring away up from the bottom of 3rd road followed, soon after by Sirens, I think, who in the hell were they trying to impress. Mostly 28-38 year olds showing their stuff. Hoping their act was a single show.

4 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Force =  mass times acceleration.

If velocity is constant there is no force.

In the Swede's case, he allegedly swerved right to avoid a car parked on the roadside prior to his crash. That maneuver might have resulted in deceleration or negative acceleration.

So the formula becomes:

F = m * [(v - v0)/t]

where "v" is initial velocity and "v0" is final velocity, "t" is the time span between initial and final velocity.
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/calculation-of-force-from-deceleration.535359/

On 7/1/2018 at 10:45 PM, Jingthing said:

Facebook?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, watcharacters said:

But I think death  or dismemberment is entirely possible on any size bike, especially in Thailand.

Learned or not if he has family  and friends they have my sympathy.

6 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

yes looks like an 'offroad' bike with offroad tyres, those knobblies are frightening on a wet road. 

No them tyres on a wet road are lethal and not made for road use.

10 hours ago, happy chappie said:

No them tyres on a wet road are lethal and not made for road use.

Entirely dependant on the ratio of pot-holes to smooth road taking into account the distance between the pot-holes and the individual knobbles.

Drain covers should also be factored in.

1 hour ago, hyku1147 said:

Your estrogenic virtue signalling suggests that  you ride a little scooter. 

Your ridiculous attempt at a put down suggests you have a little ............oh never mind. 

This is about a man that tragically died. 

Truth is in thailand you can be horribly killed even if you're not driving....someone could crash int you anytime 

anywhere....the idea is to maintain 100% situational awareness....very hard nowadays due to the habit

people have of looking at their phone while on the go.

The times when I do ride a bike, I drive like an old lady. Seems to work so far.

Truth is in thailand you can be horribly killed even if you're not driving....someone could crash int you anytime 
anywhere....the idea is to maintain 100% situational awareness....very hard nowadays due to the habit
people have of looking at their phone while on the go.

The times when I do ride a bike, I drive like an old lady. Seems to work so far.
Yeah dangers everywhere, even yesterday walking down Klang i noticed 5 wires sticking out which i had to dodge + various potholes.

As for motorbikes, if you are tucked up in bed before midnight its far less dangerous

• 3 months later...

Archived