Video: Road Rage as man gets a sword from the boot to threaten Thai woman

webfact

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, webfact said:

Then the driver gets out, opens his boot and retrieves what looks like a long sword

Criminy.  For whatever reason the news agencies always refer to these a 'swords'. 
Japan:  You find a lot of swords especially for those who practice martial arts.
Thailand: You find machetes that are working tools. Practically every family in Thailand own one.

5 hours ago, owl sees all said:

It seems to me that she was the selfish one in this instance.

So she's driving perfectly normally, waiting her turn, and some one creeps up on the outside trying to jump the queue and bully his way in front of her - because he thinks he's too important to join at the rear or whatever.

And you think she's in the wrong????

37 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Why was he on the wrong side the road? Still it looked like she really tried not to let him in. Insane.

Because a large number of drivers here think they can drive down the wrong side to jump to the front of the queue and then that people must make way for them.

Selfish entitled pricks who then react like little spoiled kids when they can't bully there way in. They expect everyone to wai and let them in because they're Mr. So-Important.

5 hours ago, Artisi said:

she should have accidently given the gas pedal a good footing as the machete was being taken from the boot - "oops ! sorry I got such a big fright I pushed the wrong pedal" never mind its only 2 broken legs.

Want to hope you don't miss.

5 hours ago, kannot said:

all bets are  off I aint gonna  sit  their like a timid  hamster whilst he  machetes  me to death, guess some TV members would say wait until youve lost an arm, if hes got a weapon  as far as im concerned he is going to use it.

But he didn't did he? I take your point but a lot of these <deleted> are just showboating. He could of easily smashed the window dragged her out and knocked her.

17 minutes ago, mserror said:

Somchai is so often pathetic.

13 minutes ago, wvavin said:

This is a typical small prick Thai coward that only knows how to bully the weak and poor!

Dear Sirs! It would be great if you dont generalise in your accusations. Every where you get these pricks, large or small and not ONLY in Thailand. Please, dont believe my words, just read the links below to convince yourself that these very same pricks, maybe worse, are amongst yourself too.

It really is deplorable to see such comments from 'adults' !

Some senior citizens should really be ashamed of themselves at their behaviour.

https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2018/04/cop-caught-camera-assaulting-civilian-identified-face-charges/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/01/police-officer-woman-beach-punched-new-jersey-emily-weinman

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-04/us-soldier-charged-assault-woman-brisbane-army-barracks/9940736

https://news.sky.com/story/police-investigated-after-woman-punched-in-head-on-jersey-shore-beach-11388756

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Did he need the sword to threaten her?

In Thailand the most of the car windows has a tinted film so the visibility outside-in is next to nothing - not to defend the act itself, but rather to emphasize that it is pretty certain that the offender didnt know who and what sits inside the car prior to take his problem solver/problem creater from the trunk - this can as well be the reason that it ended with nothing after he realized that it was a female driver - if so and with other Words, it may be vice to let Your wife/gf drive the car as this may increase the chances for you to remain safe as a passenger in similar situations which unfortunately seems to be an increasing trend - and if you need to drive so drive smart meaning not claim Your rights at all time, but rather contribute to make the trafic flow even you have the right to do otherwise...:smile:

6 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Why didn't you give the number directly to the police?

ummm... because; whoever gives it will be sued by him later on?

but anyhows, this news is old news,

that came from ThaiRath,

so therefore has already been passed around half the country,

before ThaiVisa reposted it here for us falangs to muse over

6 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Wouldn't it be great, at times like that, to just pull out a 9mm and smile at the jerk ?

..if it was F1 she would have got a 10 second stop-go penalty for not letting him in..why push the guy when his car was obviously in front and at such an angle a collision would have occurred had they continued..stubbornness in my opinion..the weapon part of the incident is obviously a serious matter..but you can see how some drivers get antagonized quite easily.

6 hours ago, kannot said:

owl  needs  some  new  eyes  id  say

I see  OK thanks Kannot.

I'm not sticking up for him. The man's a jerk. But you have to make judgememts here. In my view she should have let him filyer in.

Number 1 rule for me in LOS is be safe.

All this macho talk is all well and good but better, in my book, is give a little just to ensure safety of yourself and family.

There are plenty of nutters out on the roads as this twit proves. Fortunately no one got hurt in this altrication; but next it might be different.

18 minutes ago, thinknirmal said:

How come a speed ticket comes right to me just using my plate number, but the police couldn't reach this guy?

The cameras are now fitted with a racial profiling lens.

this lets Somchai off the hook, if his got money. :shock1:

But not you :giggle:

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Because he had a freekin great big machete...

Oh, you mean into the line of traffic !!

Because some <deleted> think its ok to speed up the inside lane and then cut in at the last minute even though there is no space and when people are reluctant to let them in they lose it because they think it's there God given right to push in! A lot of Thais need to learn road manners!?

28 minutes ago, dave moir said:

Because some <deleted> think its ok to speed up the inside lane and then cut in at the last minute even though there is no space and when people are reluctant to let them in they lose it because they think it's there God given right to push in! A lot of Thais need to learn road manners!?

Road manners?  But seriously folks, driving around here in Rayong I am surprised every afternoon that despite a lot of 'me first' driving occurring, the small streets and density of traffic, somehow it all seems to work. No samurai sword required.

95% of drivers here should ever have a licence as they are incapable of taking responsibility for a vehicle and taking into account the fact that they share the road - just too selfish and incompetent

Archived