Video: Road Rage as man gets a sword from the boot to threaten Thai woman

webfact

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just thinking... driving a Suzuki SX4 for example, might be more risky than most to drive on LOS rageroads!

the A Pillar on these cars is ginormous...

- and if you get cut off, you could easily say you didn't even see the creep ( even if he actually flicked his indicators, as they would be out of your vision anyway, due to the A pillar)

16 hours ago, Just Weird said:

What do you mean by that?  How many people carry weapons, do you have stats or are you just saying that because a handful have been reported?

No, I don't have stats. The whole world doesn't revolve around stats either and they are easily manipulated. I base my comments of 16 years of listening to what my Thai friends/relatives tell me and news reports. You may note a report recently where a Thai man had gone off his rocker and started shooting people during a seemingly normal trip - I think in the Krabi area.  When you go off for the weekend do you think 'oh, must pack my gun'?  Other reports of guns being drawn in road rage incidents, fights where someone's pulled a gun - even disputes between technical colleges.  I find such sources much more reliable - if you can read Thai, pick up a Thai newspaper sometime or get a Thai to read it for you.  Carrying a gun seems pretty widespread in Thailand.

On 7/18/2018 at 6:27 AM, owl sees all said:

Well I would have let him in.

No need to antagonise anyone in LOS. You never know what might happen.

This time a sword; next time a gun maybe!

exactly, not many farangs/tourists know that 1-2 people either get shot or stabbed everyday due to minor road rages,  these incidents only get published in thai news.

only yesterday or 2 days ago a cop got shot dead in road rage, the cop was off duty i think and riding in the car with his friend ( his friend was driving) they cut the shooter off so the shooter got angry and overtook them and stoped in front of them, then proceded to get out his car and punch the cops friend who was driving the car in the face, the cop came out of the car with gun out and boom got shot. 

and last week i think 2 druck drivers got shot dead because minor road incident, but sadly it happend daily.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:44 AM, ravip said:

Dear Sirs! It would be great if you dont generalise in your accusations. Every where you get these pricks, large or small and not ONLY in Thailand. Please, dont believe my words, just read the links below to convince yourself that these very same pricks, maybe worse, are amongst yourself too.

It really is deplorable to see such comments from 'adults' !

Some senior citizens should really be ashamed of themselves at their behaviour.

https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2018/04/cop-caught-camera-assaulting-civilian-identified-face-charges/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/01/police-officer-woman-beach-punched-new-jersey-emily-weinman

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-04/us-soldier-charged-assault-woman-brisbane-army-barracks/9940736

https://news.sky.com/story/police-investigated-after-woman-punched-in-head-on-jersey-shore-beach-11388756

of course everyone knows there is pricks like this in everycountry but in thailand it is so often and more brutal

almost everyday 1-2 people get stabbed or shot in minor road incidents or road rages, just 2 days ago a off duty cop got shot dead because the driver in the car he rode in cut someone off.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:16 AM, webfact said:

Then the driver gets out, opens his boot and retrieves what looks like a long sword.

'Looks like a long sword'. 'Looks like a long stick' isn't as newsworthy as a 'sword'.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:59 AM, Artisi said:

the machete was being taken from the boot

All of a sudden the 'sword' has become a 'machete'. I'm confused.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:34 AM, robblok said:

Because people get sick of others jumping cues and sneaking to the front. Its always the same selfish people I see it a lot too when driving. 

It's selfish not to let the person in.And childish.And apparently dangerous!

24 minutes ago, Rally123 said:

'Looks like a long sword'. 'Looks like a long stick' isn't as newsworthy as a 'sword'.

All of a sudden the 'sword' has become a 'machete'. I'm confused.

Sword or machete - who cares - it doesnt change the fear-factor....:shock1:

Just now, Rally123 said:

But it changes the true facts then is is misleading and wrong.

Its maybe wrong, but doubt misleading as the majority doesnt know the difference, but again the difference wouldnt change the situation neither when it comes to fear nor the legal consequences so I really do not see the importance in this setting - anyway, thanks for sharing...:smile:

http://elementssurvival.com/sword-vs-machete-difference/

2 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Its maybe wrong, but doubt misleading as the majority doesnt know the difference

That's their fault for being .................. then. One is a thrusting weapon the other a hacking weapon. Simple innit?

1 hour ago, ta158 said:

of course everyone knows there is pricks like this in everycountry but in thailand it is so often and more brutal

almost everyday 1-2 people get stabbed or shot in minor road incidents or road rages, just 2 days ago a off duty cop got shot dead because the driver in the car he rode in cut someone off.

86 murders in London this year. 100s of stabbings and multiple acid attacks. Then in the USA multiple shootings. Thailand is not more brutal than western countries to say nothing of Africa. 

8 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

No, I don't have stats. The whole world doesn't revolve around stats either and they are easily manipulated. I base my comments of 16 years of listening to what my Thai friends/relatives tell me and news reports. You may note a report recently where a Thai man had gone off his rocker and started shooting people during a seemingly normal trip - I think in the Krabi area.  When you go off for the weekend do you think 'oh, must pack my gun'?  Other reports of guns being drawn in road rage incidents, fights where someone's pulled a gun - even disputes between technical colleges.  I find such sources much more reliable - if you can read Thai, pick up a Thai newspaper sometime or get a Thai to read it for you.  Carrying a gun seems pretty widespread in Thailand.

my local policeman once told me i should get a samurai sword and keep it in the  car, he was serious!!

4 hours ago, The manic said:

86 murders in London this year. 100s of stabbings and multiple acid attacks. Then in the USA multiple shootings. Thailand is not more brutal than western countries to say nothing of Africa. 

The UKs murder rate is way lower than Thailand about 1.2% Thailands 3.2% u cant cherry pick 1  city below Nation Masters figures for U.S- V Thailand  + Thailand has 50% more police than the U.S so pretty  piss poor  effort really

Murder rate 5.9 5  
Police officers 365.2 
Ranked 12th. 50% more than United States
Ranked 27th.

7 minutes ago, kannot said:

my local policeman once told me i should get a samurai sword and keep it in the  car, he was serious!!

Really - in addition to the obligatoric Machete...??...:shock1:

On 7/18/2018 at 1:47 PM, Hooliganzone said:

Anyone caught carrying dangrous weapons of any kind swords, knives of any kind in or out of a vehicle, car, taxi, truck or bus should be arrested immediately.

Another thing I do not understand in this country is that of out all the times I have been stopped at a checkpoint in all the years I've been here never one time have the police ever asked to open and check the boot or the inside of the car.

I think especially in this country it should be a mandatory thing to do by police at so called Checkpoints.

It would help deter people from carrying dangerous weapons and help stop these kind of actions.

dont say that, its where I always keep the chopped  up body parts of TV members I lure into meeting

On 7/18/2018 at 5:21 PM, owl sees all said:

I see  OK thanks Kannot.

I'm not sticking up for him. The man's a jerk. But you have to make judgememts here. In my view she should have let him filyer in.

Number 1 rule for me in LOS is be safe.

All this macho talk is all well and good but better, in my book, is give a little just to ensure safety of yourself and family.

There are plenty of nutters out on the roads as this twit proves. Fortunately no one got hurt in this altrication; but next it might be different.

youre  right, he  may have gotten two broken legs

8 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Really - in addition to the obligatoric Machete...??...:shock1:

Yep really ,I was quite amazed and he insisted as  well, even going so far as to show me a sword on his  mobile so he knew i understood what he'd said

19 minutes ago, kannot said:

Yep really ,I was quite amazed and he insisted as  well, even going so far as to show me a sword on his  mobile so he knew i understood what he'd said

Wow, must have been a very long mobile to be able to capture the whole blade....

Was it any requirements involved such as nagasa (min/max)?

8 hours ago, The manic said:

86 murders out of 8,7 million is not much considered population and london has always had around 100-130 murders a year that is 1.54 per 100,000 people.

UK popualtion 65 million - 627 murders= 0,96 per 100,000 people

in 2016 there was more than 3,000 gun murders, that equals 4.45 gun murders per 100,000, if you add all counts of murder it is around 4,000 murders = around 6 per 100,000 people.

US 5.3 per 100,000 people.

just look at thai news and you will see.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/gun-violence-in-thailand-a-problem-that-can-t-be-solved-10124114

12 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

in ang thong one night there was a gang that shot and stabbed people with machete, every male they saw they shot and stabbed, first call police got was 14 year old attacked, then another call 17 year old attacked then 2 more calls about 2 others. 1-2 days later new shooting, and female loan shark stabbed a person in debt over 1,000 baht.

today a kamnan ( type of village chef) got shot dead and a friend of his at  a party.

thailand is more violent and murderous than people think

but for tourists it is safe if use common sense as elsewhere and dont get involved with criminality

4 hours ago, ttrd said:

Wow, must have been a very long mobile to be able to capture the whole blade....

Was it any requirements involved such as nagasa (min/max)?

its  face  thing, mine s  bigger  than yours, dont be jealous of his  mobile

9 hours ago, kannot said:

The UKs murder rate is way lower than Thailand about 1.2% Thailands 3.2% u cant cherry pick 1  city below Nation Masters figures for U.S- V Thailand  + Thailand has 50% more police than the U.S so pretty  piss poor  effort really

Murder rate 5.9 5  
Police officers 365.2 
Ranked 12th. 50% more than United States
Ranked 27th.

I did not reference the UK. I referenced London. Acid attacks are very uncommon here. Many of the attacks in Thailand were between known parties. In the UK the victims are primarily unknown to the killers, slashers and burners and not related.  Quote stats all you like. The reality is the UK is safer. More mass shootings happen in The USA. Cops kill more civilians in the USA. If Thailand scares you then I suggest you leave. Pattaya after dark is safer than most European cities.  Definitely safer than the suburbs of London. That is why I live here. And am safe day and night compared to London.

5 hours ago, ta158 said:

in ang thong one night there was a gang that shot and stabbed people with machete, every male they saw they shot and stabbed, first call police got was 14 year old attacked, then another call 17 year old attacked then 2 more calls about 2 others. 1-2 days later new shooting, and female loan shark stabbed a person in debt over 1,000 baht.

today a kamnan ( type of village chef) got shot dead and a friend of his at  a party.

thailand is more violent and murderous than people think

but for tourists it is safe if use common sense as elsewhere and dont get involved with criminality

Yes. Under the surface their is violence but me and other visitors are rarely affected by it. Its safer here than the UK.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:23 AM, owl sees all said:

Why didn't she just let him in?

Perhaps because he was forcing his way into her lane like the douchebag he is?

Driving down a boulevard, being on the wrong lane and waiting for the last moment to force your way into the proper lane is definitely a douche move and many drivers, me included, hate it when people do that.

When someone is trying to merge with their blinker on, I usually just let them because it's the courteous thing to do, but when an <deleted> zooms down the avenue then tries to squeeze in by force, you can be sure I'm going to tailgate the car in front as close as possible to prevent him from merging. Some may say it's just a ridiculous pissing contest, or that it's pathetic righteousness, but in my opinion, it's only fair. Be a courteous driver trying to merge normally, I will make sure to return the favor and courteously let you in, be an <deleted> trying to squeeze in at the last moment, you can be sure I won't let you in. I also generally apply this reasoning to a number of different situations in daily life.

When I see such a cowardly jerk who threaten a middle-aged woman with a knife, it makes me feel like I should perhaps buy some pepper spray...

10 hours ago, The manic said:

Yes. Under the surface their is violence but me and other visitors are rarely affected by it. Its safer here than the UK.

visitors are also rarely affected by it in UK.... of course thailand is safe than UK,  you can read thai right? you can see all the murders,kidnappings,rape murders and such going on

Archived