My beef with Musk

Stuart21

Some watching Musks Twitter feed on the day of the rescue may have seen the post below it - was there about 1/2 a day -

Rumour has it Musk has something to do with electric vehicles -

Next morning, it had been deleted! No comment, no reply, no nothing - just deleted. HTF does he 'know' I am lying?

Anybody want to ask me if I have had a gutful of the IP mafia?

Screen Shot 2018-07-15 at 15.29.51.png

3 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I don't understand 

I invited Musk to see an EV driveline I have built - so his Thai trip would not be a complete waste of time -

My post just got deleted w/o reply or comment. To my mind, that defies logic.  91169748_ScreenShot2018-07-18at11_06_57.png.91cb85f2f47ed3c8d5184077ffeed6b8.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stuart21 said:

I invited Musk to see an EV driveline I have built - so his Thai trip would not be a complete waste of time -

My post just got deleted w/o reply or comment. To my mind, that defies logic.  91169748_ScreenShot2018-07-18at11_06_57.png.91cb85f2f47ed3c8d5184077ffeed6b8.png

I would imagine the guy has loads of people with great new business ideas, pestering him every single day.  And he didn't come to Thailand to seek new business ideas, only to help the kids.  So you shouldn't take it personal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I would imagine the guy has loads of people with great new business ideas, pestering him every single day. 

Absolutely true.

And he didn't come to Thailand to seek new business ideas, only to help the kids.  So you shouldn't take it personal. 

I don't take it personally. However, it defies logic to ignore someone that says they can reduce your car cost by 15%, when your company is on shaky ground. (sacked 9%, closed some solar operations, etc etc) And where did he go from Thailand? To Shanghai, to negotiate building Teslas' China factory.

& successful businessmen are often known to look under every rock for new opportunities to improve their product, save money, etc etc, no?

Edited by Stuart21
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Stuart21 said:

maybe these days he couldn't afford to 'buy you off' as competition;

so forwarded your details to Ralph Sarich instead...

3 hours ago, tifino said:

so forwarded your details to Ralph Sarich instead...

As student rep on the NSW branch of SAE Australasia, I arranged Sarichs' talk at UNSW - maybe late '73. At the pyramidy building top campus. Forgot it's name. But he may not be well now - wrote to him a month ago, new EV driveline etc etc etc - no reply. Or he may be dead?

4 hours ago, tifino said:

How would he know if he could / couldn't afford to 'buy me off', if he has not asked 'how much'? 

Direct cost saving on a 30,000 US car (which he doesn't make) would be of the order of 4,500 to 5,000 - not counting benefits of weight, friction, battery (smaller, or more range with std batt), handling, packaging & NVH reduction.

1 hour ago, Stuart21 said:

As student rep on the NSW branch of SAE Australasia, I arranged Sarichs' talk at UNSW - maybe late '73. At the pyramidy building top campus. Forgot it's name. But he may not be well now - wrote to him a month ago, new EV driveline etc etc etc - no reply. Or he may be dead?

Sarich and his ilk were the EMs of 45 years ago.

Good memories of eccentric auto technology boffins... alternative automotive driveline technology.

Still have this Issue of modern motor 'somewhere'...must now try and find it:

Image result for modern motor sarich

33 minutes ago, tifino said:

Sarich and his ilk were the EMs of 45 years ago.

Good memories of eccentric auto technology boffins... alternative automotive driveline technology.

Still have this Issue of modern motor 'somewhere'...must now try and find it:

Image result for modern motor sarich

It was a brilliant motor. Effectively a radial aircraft engine, reduced ad absurdiem? A real shame that Mazda had to work with the abortion of a machine the Wankel - amazing they got it that good. If they had had the Sarich, piston engines would now only be found in museums. & very old museums, at that.

And Wankels.

Edited by Stuart21