I'll take a stab at it:

ยุติ yút-dtì

Or

การยุติ gaan-yút-dtì

การสิ้นสุด gaan-sîn-sùt

จบ jòp

เสร็จ sèt

ขั้นสุดท้าย kân-sùt-táai

Probably การสิ้นสุด gaan-sîn-sùt is what you are looking for and gaan-yút-dtì is a close synonym for that. kân-sùt-táai is more for the last step/act in a series of steps or sequence.

Edit: And since you dont want the act, ความสิ้นสุด kwaam-sîn-sùt might work better.

Edit2: i was considering the simplier ความปิด kwaam-bpìt . Not sure how well used it is. Bpit is well used to describe closing just about anything (store, door, jar, etc).

Now if you want to summarize something "in closing", that would be สรุป sà~rùp

Others with much better thai grammar feel free to correct or elaborate.

Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your effort 4evermaat.      I think I led you down the wrong path.

Better examples of what I seek are:

1..When a   missing body has been found rather than the person simply going  missing.  Relatives feel closure even though their loved one is confirmed dead.

2.  When a verdict comes in after a prolonged trial the relatives may feel closure.

It's definitely a mental feeling and not an action  per se.

I imagine Thai people  must have that kind of feeling but maybe it's  just  not expressed in a single word but rather in a longer thought.

I searched as much as I could think  of ways to inquire on Google but found nothing.    Thus no brave Thai speakers on the board giving it a try other than you.

Since you were the only one to attempt  an answer among TVF members who claim fluency in the Thai language it may not be an answerable  question.

A German person I knew well once told me there's not single word in German to describe what Americans mean when they tell someone asking to drink out of same bottle not to backwash into the bottle.   I.e. don't leave any spit behind from your drinking.

I ran across this article in the Guardian today about some works that simply don't  directly translate into English.    I enjoyed the article.

Thanks again for your effort, 4evermaat.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/27/10-of-the-best-words-in-the-world-that-dont-translate-into-english

A thai friend told me that Thai people don't need analysts, they get over their problems through Buddhism. We all experience similar problems and different cultures have different means of dealing with them, the language reflects this.
In your examples I think that มีความสบายใจแล้ว probably works.

Buzz words like 'closure' which today mean so much in our culture didn't always mean that.
"The speaker announced the closure of parliament"
" The family of the child need closure.
I have a question; what stops words like ความสิ้นสุด becomimg a Thai buzzword in the same way?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Archived