I need a VAP or NMR blood test

Dingo1170

I live in Chiang Mai, I have been everywhere trying to get this blood test done to no avail, seriously I have been to laboratories, hospitals etc too many to mention. The mere fact that it 10minutes to explain what the test is usually means that they have no chance. Basically it is an advanced lipoprotein profile where they are able to count the A&B Ldl particles one of them is much larger and fluffier than the very dense dangerous ones. Because my diet is ketonic my Cholesterol is very high but generally this is because the particles end up being the big fluffy ones. Trying to tell this to my Cardiologist is a nightmare, typically Thai and only espouses what the FDA in America extol. Anyways if it can be done in Bangkok or elsewhere let me now. Thanking you all in Advance

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 6:06 PM, Sheryl said:

I don't know of anywhere in Thailand that can do this, sorry.

At larger labs you can get VLDL and also direct LDL (as opposed to the estimation which is what most places do)

Thanks for your kind reply, my Cardiologist is having a goddam coronary lol with my ketonic diet. Thais learn by rote not by asking questions, but I have deal with him if I die its not his fault and I was wrong lol.

2 hours ago, Dingo1170 said:

Thanks for your kind reply, my Cardiologist is having a goddam coronary lol with my ketonic diet. Thais learn by rote not by asking questions, but I have deal with him if I die its not his fault and I was wrong lol.

Why not change cardiologists? There are Thai cardiologist with extensive training in the west who do nto think by "rote".  Where do you live?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/30/2018 at 4:32 PM, Sheryl said:
On 7/30/2018 at 1:40 PM, Dingo1170 said:

Why not change cardiologists? There are Thai cardiologist with extensive training in the west who do nto think by "rote".  Where do you live?

What he's doing is not "mainstream", so good luck finding any Thai doctor with any idea of his diet and the benefits thereof.....

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, FracturedRabbit said:

I have also failed to find an NMR test, but there appears to be a strong relationship between your HDL and Trig levels with the presence of low/high particle LDL; as the graphs in this video illustrate:

Thanks for the PM the other day.

banK

• 8 months later...

Archived