Testosterone replacement in Bangkok

britishjohn

I use no medication unless I can be absolutely certain of its authenticity, least of all a medication I intend to inject. 

I understand your concern.  How do you confirm the authenticity of any Testosterone ampoules that you buy in a pharmacy in Bangkok?

Thank you, Faraday. 

I wrote last post with too much haste.  You are correct, of course, that difference is the ester.  However, the difference in use of different esters is similar to difference between reasons for use of different antibiotics.  [OK, that too is incorrect as fact, but correct as implication] 

I think we agree that Nebido can be "awkward" to self-administer'- usually in the gluts, the backside.  For myself, at least, Nebido cannot be self-administers.  In the past, I've been married to a clinic for Nebido and it was a limitation.  There other difference between Nebido and other forms.  One is price; another though, is high vaiation in individual response as measured by blood free testosterone. You may be well satisfied using Nebido.  I was not.

You are correct, of course, that all IM injections tear muscle.
However, according to my own reading and notes from the doctor, Sustanon is considerably more painful to administer.  Please document for yourself. 

Other than for the disadvantage of painful injections, Sustanon may be the best choice for many, as it is a combination of esters and as such, is considered to have less variation in blood testosterone level between injections.

The brochure enclosed with a box of Testoviron [Enanthate] determines 2-4 weeks between injections for maintenance.

2-5 weeks, or even shorter/longer for problems other than TRT - 3 weeks is the interval the prescribed in my case, so I used period to gauge price comparison. 

However, at 2 week injection intervals, I think you'll find that the point remains: 16 weeks of bi-weekly injections Testoviron [8 injections or -let's say for ease of comparison- half 4,000b box of Testoviron, at about 2,000b or less, is still far less expensive than 16 weeks [the max suggested interval] between Nebido injections. Nebido costs, conservatively, 8,000 baht for one injection.  By these figures, Testoviron- even at 2 week intervals- remains your best choice if cost is considered the sole arbiter.

I self-inject 0.25 ml of Enanthate twice-weekly (so 1 ampoule lasts 2 weeks,1 box of 20 ampoules lasts 10 months).

This is as prescribed by Maximum Fitness in Pattaya, where I had initial consultations last Autumn.  I self-inject (because I was living in Burma), and I have a testosterone/PSA/estradol blood test every 3 months at a local clinic.

How do you confirm the authenticity of any Testosterone ampoules that you buy in a pharmacy in Bangkok? 

Absolute confirmation is unlikely, without seeing the pharmacy's receipts.   However, Testosterone is of limited reach [despite its seeming popularity among the group of those who use it] and not likely to be cost effective to duplicate the packaging and distribution.  You may also cautiously read experience of people who have bought the medication at a given pharmacy [for example, this forum topic]

On the net you are far more unlikely be buying a European manufacturer.  For that matter, it would be difficult to confirm manufacture of Testosterone as purchased in your local pharmacy back home.

Amount of risk one is willing may determine your choices.

Pay your money, take your chances. 

Thank you all for an interesting and informative thread.  However, I fear this may become a debate and none of us are interested in that.  The topic is "where to buy Testosterone in Thailand". 

Please excuse a newbie if I have posted in haste.  I shall read future posts with interest, but I won't again respond. 

ThaiVisa- thanks for orchestrating this forum.

I buy about ten months worth of testosterone ethanate at Ocean Drugs for about 1700 baht. I take them down to Chanya Clinic, several blocks down and get an injection each month for 100 baht. I do not know if the situation is that simple in Bangkok and other locations. Thailand thrives on confusion, bureaucracy and making things as untenable as possible. Some pharmacists, STILL will not sell Tramadol. Mine sells it without a problem. Both the ladies who work there are pharmacists. That may make a difference. I have never taken Nebido. It is more expensive but allegedly lasts three months as opposed to one for T Ethanate.

13 hours ago, simon43 said:

I self-inject 0.25 ml of Enanthate twice-weekly (so 1 ampoule lasts 2 weeks,1 box of 20 ampoules lasts 10 months).

This is as prescribed by Maximum Fitness in Pattaya, where I had initial consultations last Autumn.  I self-inject (because I was living in Burma), and I have a testosterone/PSA/estradol blood test every 3 months at a local clinic.

How do you store the ampoule after open it? You are using a 1 ml 250 right? 

Just now, Hummin said:

How do you store the ampoule after open it? You are using a 1 ml 250 right? 

Ampules in the box are usually stored in the refrigerator. Twice weekly is a lot. I was taking injections every three weeks and my doctor told me my levels were too high, so he cut me back to once a month. I do not use T for weight training, but rather to maintain normal potency. Other herbal preparations are worthless and a waste of money.

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Ampules in the box are usually stored in the refrigerator. Twice weekly is a lot. I was taking injections every three weeks and my doctor told me my levels were too high, so he cut me back to once a month. I do not use T for weight training, but rather to maintain normal potency. Other herbal preparations are worthless and a waste of money.

He described opening the ampull, and reeuse the rest of it after it was openend? I would never open one ampull, and use the rest a few days later. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 1

Testoviron is made by Bayer and there have been issues with other Bayer prioducts being out of stock as well, so may well be a supplier issue.

There is one other  brand of testosterone enthanthate in Thailand made by Unigen Lifesciences, Depo-Test 250. You might try asking for that and if difficult to find try contacting the company to ask where it is available http://www.unigen-lifesciences.com/contact-us-steroid-hormone-manufacturer/

• Like 1

He described opening the ampull, and reeuse the rest of it after it was openend? I would never open one ampull, and use the rest a few days later. 

Following the advice of the doctor at Maximum Fitness Clinic, I open one ampoule and 'load up' 4 syringes, using 2 each week.  I have never experienced any issues doing this.  Injecting 0.25 ml each time (1 ml total every 2 weeks) results in a measured T value of about 900 (YMMV).

10 hours ago, simon43 said:

Following the advice of the doctor at Maximum Fitness Clinic, I open one ampoule and 'load up' 4 syringes, using 2 each week.  I have never experienced any issues doing this.  Injecting 0.25 ml each time (1 ml total every 2 weeks) results in a measured T value of about 900 (YMMV).

Is this sub injections or intramuscular? 

2 minutes ago, how241 said:

Try using 'Sustanon 250'....One shot every 3-4 weeks...Blood tests will tell you how often you need it.

I have found my sweet spot now with enanthate 250 dosage every 17 days. Change injection from butt to my thighs, but want to start with sub injections, to try that for awhile. Enan 300,- did not work especially good for me, even I used about same mg as Enanthate 250. 

• Like 1

The last time I tried to buy Enanthate in Bangkok all the pharmacists told me they were out of stock. Prior to that I never had a problem. Whether this is some permanent ban I have no idea but it is a concern. I will try again in the next few days and see if the situation has changed. I do have a prescription for Sustanon from a UK doctor and so I have the option to buy there and bring back here but it's not ideal. Incidentally the cost of a 1ml Sustanon ampoule on private prescription in the UK is 130 baht, which is approx the same as it used to cost me to buy Enanthate here. I have tried both enanthate and sustanon and there is zero difference in pain or effectiveness, both seem equally good and more or less interchangeable.

I just spoke to maximum performance clinic in Bangkok about TRT and was more than a little surprised by what she was telling me.  She said they normally inject twice a week, 250mg at a time ! I asked her to check this and she confirmed it.  This cannot be right, twice a month would have made far more sense. Apparently the costs for 8 injections is 10k baht. So according to her it would cost 130k baht p.a ! If it was twice a month it would be 30k p.a. That's a bit more sensible but buying from a pharmacy and doing it myself cost me about 3k baht p.a !

5 minutes ago, britishjohn said:

I just spoke to maximum performance clinic in Bangkok about TRT and was more than a little surprised by what she was telling me.  She said they normally inject twice a week, 250mg at a time ! I asked her to check this and she confirmed it.  This cannot be right, twice a month would have made far more sense. Apparently the costs for 8 injections is 10k baht. So according to her it would cost 130k baht p.a ! If it was twice a month it would be 30k p.a. That's a bit more sensible but buying from a pharmacy and doing it myself cost me about 3k baht p.a !

500mg a week? Thats a body builder trt dosage, not a normal chap. 

The Replacement Cycle – Often called TRT or Testosterone Replacement Therapy because it has the goal of replacing the testosterone dosage for bodybuilding used up during workouts. The standard dose ranges from 200-500 mg on a weekly basis. This cycle is not about increasing the natural testosterone level in the user’s body, but about maintaining those levels. This is considered a low testosterone cycle.

https://dietsaid.com/everything-know-testosterone-dosage-for-bodybuilding/

100mg a week +- is normal trt treatment. Of course dependes on your levels when checking blood. 

• Like 1

She said they normally inject twice a week, 250mg at a time ! I asked her to check this and she confirmed it

There is a misunderstanding here for sure..

My initial clinical assessment and prescription was with Maximum Fitness in Pattaya.  They prescribed 0.25 ml two times a week.  So a 1 ml ampoule lasts 2 weeks.  At this dosage,. my  measured T level remains stable around 900 - 950.

After that initial and expensive consultation, I buy the ampoules myself, self-inject twice a week in my bum, and do blood checks every 3 months.

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

There is a misunderstanding here for sure..

My initial clinical assessment and prescription was with Maximum Fitness in Pattaya.  They prescribed 0.25 ml two times a week.  So a 1 ml ampoule lasts 2 weeks.  At this dosage,. my  measured T level remains stable around 900 - 950.

After that initial and expensive consultation, I buy the ampoules myself, self-inject twice a week in my bum, and do blood checks every 3 months.

Yes I agree with you, a 1ml ampoule (250mg of testosterone) would normally last 2 weeks. Many men on TRT are doing approx. 100 - 125 mg a week. 

Really I don't need to see them as I've been all this this with a private doctor in the UK 2 years ago. He told me what regular blood tests I need and it's easy get those done myself. If everything's in the normal range then fine. I started off doing 2 injections a week, now I simply inject the whole 1ml every 2 weeks and it's fine. Ok you could argue my T levels are not quite as stable as more frequent smaller injections but I haven't noticed any problems and it's a lot less hassle. I inject in the side of the hip known as the ventrogluteal site. I personally found it the best spot.

Where do you buy the ampoules ?

Also where do you go for blood work ?

Where do you buy the ampoules ?

Also where do you go for blood work ?

I mentioned my last source in the other current thread about buying ethanate in BKK.  I have about 18 months supply here.

For blood work I go to any clinic that does blood work!  I'm currently in Ranong and went to a private clinic that serves the Burmese community.  They sent off the blood sample to a central lab and I got the results a few days later.

Previously I went to the main private hospital in Naypyitaw (when I was working in Myanmar).  They quoted a 3-day results turnaround, but got the results in under 24 hours....

My T is stable around 900, my estradol is stable around 23 (I take a weekly tab to avoid growing massive breasts!), and my PSA is stable around 4.3 (higher than the norm, but it's been stable at that value for many years - my prostate is about 25% enlarged but causes me absolutely no problems).

On 1/30/2019 at 5:32 AM, simon43 said:

How exactly do you do it - fill the syringes then replace needle used to fill just before injecting with a new one out of the sterile packaging?. The T solution in oil is bacteriostatic so risk would come mainly from needle exposed to air. Any way you do this I would guess it is NEVER actually hospital procedure sterile - but it may be low/near negligible risk.

BTW Rotexmedica is legit Pharma grade T.  This also seems out of stock - but maybe by increased demand rather than policy.

Note this is a reply I got from Bayer when enquiring about Testoviron and Proviron(um)

Thank you for your question.  Provironum is currently in supply shortage situation.  We are expecting the stock back to normal by Q2/2019.  Thank you.

All the best,

Nanthawat Sornsiri
Marketing Manager

////////////////////

Bayer Thai Co., Ltd.

BU GM, Pharmaceuticals

130/1 North Sathon Road, Silom

10500 Bangkok, Thailand

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

How exactly do you do it - fill the syringes then replace needle used to fill just before injecting with a new one out of the sterile packaging?. The T solution in oil is bacteriostatic so risk would come mainly from needle exposed to air. Any way you do this I would guess it is NEVER actually hospital procedure sterile - but it may be low/near negligible risk.

Why not just get 10 ml glass instead? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Why not just get 10 ml glass instead? 

Coz (if I was injecting, which one day I will be) I am not 100% convinced the one locally available "Pharma grade" 10ml 'Unigen' is 100%  Pharma grade.

Edited by mokwit

42 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Coz (if I was injecting, which one day I will be) I am not 100% convinced the one locally available "Pharma grade" 10ml 'Unigen' is 100%  Pharma grade.

Thats true, very true, then have to get it from hospital. Pay a bit more

How exactly do you do it

You need to use the correct syringe size for starters.  That means using 1 mL syringes.  If you use the more common 5 or even 10 mL syringers, then not only is it difficult to accurately split the 1 mL ampoule liquid into 4 equal amounts - the larger syringe plungers do not completely empty the syringe when pushed in fully - the amount you can inject is maybe only half of what's in this oversize syringe!

I buy 1 mL syringes on Lazada because local pharmacies don't seem to stock them.  Oh - insulin syringes/needles don't seem to work at all - I think the ethanate + oil is too thick....

Following the advice of Maximum Fitness.  I prepare one syringe with a large needle that is only used for sucking up the liquid, and is not an injection needle.  (That would hurt like hell!).

I tap the unopened ampoule to ensure all the ethanate is at the bottom of it, with none stuck in the top of the ampoule.  I crack open the ampoule and suck up all the contents into the 1 mL syringe.

Then I open another syringe from its sterile packing and without any needle attached to it, I insert the needle of the full syringe into that second syringe and inject 0.25 mL into the second syringe.  Then I attach a sterile injection needle (with its plastic protective cover) to the second syringe, tap it to get any air at the top and then carefully press the plunger a little to push out any air.

Then I do the same with 2 more syringes, which then leaves the first syringe with only 0.25 mL of ethanate left in it.  I remove the large needle, pop on a smaller needle with its protective cover, and I'm done!

So at no time is the injection needle exposed to the air.  The large needle is disposed of after this process.

I inject into my right butt cheek twice a week, making sure that I inject into the recommended region so as to avoid the nerves etc.  The small injection needle means that there is no pain, no blood at all.

I thought that regular injections would leave my butt looking like a pin-cushion, but that's not the case at all.  I don't even have to swap between different butt cheeks - there is absolutely zero visible sign of these regular injections in the same region.

Being you are injecting such a small amount each time,  you might want to inject into the large upper thigh muscle.  That way is it easy to alternate between legs each time you inject.  Most pharmacys have a

3 ml plastic syringe which will work well...Get the #18 or #21  for the draw-out  and use the #24 for painless injection.  Lots of info and videos online if you need help.