BANGKOK 19 July 2019 18:00
britishjohn

Testosterone replacement in Bangkok

I use no medication unless I can be absolutely certain of its authenticity, least of all a medication I intend to inject. 

I understand your concern.  How do you confirm the authenticity of any Testosterone ampoules that you buy in a pharmacy in Bangkok?

Thank you, Faraday. 

I wrote last post with too much haste.  You are correct, of course, that difference is the ester.  However, the difference in use of different esters is similar to difference between reasons for use of different antibiotics.  [OK, that too is incorrect as fact, but correct as implication] 

I think we agree that Nebido can be "awkward" to self-administer'- usually in the gluts, the backside.  For myself, at least, Nebido cannot be self-administers.  In the past, I've been married to a clinic for Nebido and it was a limitation.  There other difference between Nebido and other forms.  One is price; another though, is high vaiation in individual response as measured by blood free testosterone. You may be well satisfied using Nebido.  I was not.

You are correct, of course, that all IM injections tear muscle.
However, according to my own reading and notes from the doctor, Sustanon is considerably more painful to administer.  Please document for yourself. 

Other than for the disadvantage of painful injections, Sustanon may be the best choice for many, as it is a combination of esters and as such, is considered to have less variation in blood testosterone level between injections.

The brochure enclosed with a box of Testoviron [Enanthate] determines 2-4 weeks between injections for maintenance.

2-5 weeks, or even shorter/longer for problems other than TRT - 3 weeks is the interval the prescribed in my case, so I used period to gauge price comparison. 

However, at 2 week injection intervals, I think you'll find that the point remains: 16 weeks of bi-weekly injections Testoviron [8 injections or -let's say for ease of comparison- half 4,000b box of Testoviron, at about 2,000b or less, is still far less expensive than 16 weeks [the max suggested interval] between Nebido injections. Nebido costs, conservatively, 8,000 baht for one injection.  By these figures, Testoviron- even at 2 week intervals- remains your best choice if cost is considered the sole arbiter.

I self-inject 0.25 ml of Enanthate twice-weekly (so 1 ampoule lasts 2 weeks,1 box of 20 ampoules lasts 10 months).

This is as prescribed by Maximum Fitness in Pattaya, where I had initial consultations last Autumn.  I self-inject (because I was living in Burma), and I have a testosterone/PSA/estradol blood test every 3 months at a local clinic.

How do you confirm the authenticity of any Testosterone ampoules that you buy in a pharmacy in Bangkok? 

Absolute confirmation is unlikely, without seeing the pharmacy's receipts.   However, Testosterone is of limited reach [despite its seeming popularity among the group of those who use it] and not likely to be cost effective to duplicate the packaging and distribution.  You may also cautiously read experience of people who have bought the medication at a given pharmacy [for example, this forum topic]

On the net you are far more unlikely be buying a European manufacturer.  For that matter, it would be difficult to confirm manufacture of Testosterone as purchased in your local pharmacy back home.

Amount of risk one is willing may determine your choices.

Pay your money, take your chances. 

Thank you all for an interesting and informative thread.  However, I fear this may become a debate and none of us are interested in that.  The topic is "where to buy Testosterone in Thailand". 

Please excuse a newbie if I have posted in haste.  I shall read future posts with interest, but I won't again respond. 

ThaiVisa- thanks for orchestrating this forum.

If the Rotexmedica Ethanate that I'm buying is a fake or placebo, then I'm extremely happy with the results!

ED problems gone, upper body mass increased (with regular weight-training).

I buy about ten months worth of testosterone ethanate at Ocean Drugs for about 1700 baht. I take them down to Chanya Clinic, several blocks down and get an injection each month for 100 baht. I do not know if the situation is that simple in Bangkok and other locations. Thailand thrives on confusion, bureaucracy and making things as untenable as possible. Some pharmacists, STILL will not sell Tramadol. Mine sells it without a problem. Both the ladies who work there are pharmacists. That may make a difference. I have never taken Nebido. It is more expensive but allegedly lasts three months as opposed to one for T Ethanate.

13 hours ago, simon43 said:

I self-inject 0.25 ml of Enanthate twice-weekly (so 1 ampoule lasts 2 weeks,1 box of 20 ampoules lasts 10 months).

This is as prescribed by Maximum Fitness in Pattaya, where I had initial consultations last Autumn.  I self-inject (because I was living in Burma), and I have a testosterone/PSA/estradol blood test every 3 months at a local clinic.

How do you store the ampoule after open it? You are using a 1 ml 250 right? 

Just now, Hummin said:

How do you store the ampoule after open it? You are using a 1 ml 250 right? 

Ampules in the box are usually stored in the refrigerator. Twice weekly is a lot. I was taking injections every three weeks and my doctor told me my levels were too high, so he cut me back to once a month. I do not use T for weight training, but rather to maintain normal potency. Other herbal preparations are worthless and a waste of money.

2 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Ampules in the box are usually stored in the refrigerator. Twice weekly is a lot. I was taking injections every three weeks and my doctor told me my levels were too high, so he cut me back to once a month. I do not use T for weight training, but rather to maintain normal potency. Other herbal preparations are worthless and a waste of money.

He described opening the ampull, and reeuse the rest of it after it was openend? I would never open one ampull, and use the rest a few days later. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 1

Testoviron is made by Bayer and there have been issues with other Bayer prioducts being out of stock as well, so may well be a supplier issue.

There is one other  brand of testosterone enthanthate in Thailand made by Unigen Lifesciences, Depo-Test 250. You might try asking for that and if difficult to find try contacting the company to ask where it is available http://www.unigen-lifesciences.com/contact-us-steroid-hormone-manufacturer/

• Like 1

He described opening the ampull, and reeuse the rest of it after it was openend? I would never open one ampull, and use the rest a few days later. 

Following the advice of the doctor at Maximum Fitness Clinic, I open one ampoule and 'load up' 4 syringes, using 2 each week.  I have never experienced any issues doing this.  Injecting 0.25 ml each time (1 ml total every 2 weeks) results in a measured T value of about 900 (YMMV).

Try using 'Sustanon 250'....One shot every 3-4 weeks...Blood tests will tell you how often you need it.

10 hours ago, simon43 said:

Following the advice of the doctor at Maximum Fitness Clinic, I open one ampoule and 'load up' 4 syringes, using 2 each week.  I have never experienced any issues doing this.  Injecting 0.25 ml each time (1 ml total every 2 weeks) results in a measured T value of about 900 (YMMV).

Is this sub injections or intramuscular? 

2 minutes ago, how241 said:

Try using 'Sustanon 250'....One shot every 3-4 weeks...Blood tests will tell you how often you need it.

I have found my sweet spot now with enanthate 250 dosage every 17 days. Change injection from butt to my thighs, but want to start with sub injections, to try that for awhile. Enan 300,- did not work especially good for me, even I used about same mg as Enanthate 250. 

• Like 1