'Fight on, don't despair': Thai cave boys recount ordeal in first public appearance

snoop1130

14 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

The original report at extraction time stated none of them could swim.

It seems highly unlikely that none of them could swim. If they meant doing a textbook Australian crawl... then probably no. But could they get in a body of water and get from point A to B, I would expect most of them could and have.

"Everyone was very sad," said the coach, Ekkapol. "They felt like they were the reason he had to die and his family had to suffer."

I'm afraid that they were the reason for the hero's death. Let's hope that the government takes care of the family. 

A party perhaps with the King of this country for the rescuers sounds cool.

The pedo- rocket boy should have stayed home, there's no need to wash dirty laundry after the Brit's guys' actions. Ami go home, is what we always told GIs

as kids. 

53 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes i get some sad faces from Accounts who have made barely 8 posts here fishy right?

What are you dribbling about now? You made a pretty sad post and got loads of sad faces for it.  Five out of the seven you got so far have made over 1,000 posts, one over 10,000, the sixth over 800 and me with only 200 odd, but a fairly good post to like ratio. Where did you get the people with 8 posts giving you a sad from? Many people are happy that this story ended well. You went looking to piss on the party, and to my mind, got what you deserved., and there is nothing fishy about it. If you want likes rather than sad faces, might I suggest you write something positive.

1 hour ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

What are you dribbling about now? You made a pretty sad post and got loads of sad faces for it.  Five out of the seven you got so far have made over 1,000 posts, one over 10,000, the sixth over 800 and me with only 200 odd, but a fairly good post to like ratio. Where did you get the people with 8 posts giving you a sad from? Many people are happy that this story ended well. You went looking to piss on the party, and to my mind, got what you deserved., and there is nothing fishy about it. If you want likes rather than sad faces, might I suggest you write something positive.

Yes that true I miscalculated that amount of ur sad faces their posts.(sorry)

However going as an adult in caves with kids without permission from the parents its just bad.. He as an adult should  know that!!

I have read that this will be the only media appearance the boys will make and then they can go back to leading their normal lifes. I know its cynical. But I wonder how long it will be for individual parents to start milking this and striking deals with the media that will line their pockets. Just a thought.

15 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

You may win for "the most sad faces" on here.

To be fair. I'm pretty sure that anybody on here with kids would be angry if the person they trusted to look after their kid led that kid into a cave putting the kids life in danger?

13 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Give the guy a break because he made a valid point.

If someone trusted to look after your kid led them into a cave endangering their life without your knowledge/permission I'm sure you would be fine with that?

Everyone is happy it turned out well but it could easily have went the other way and the coaches irresponsible actions should not be ignored.

15 hours ago, ChangMaiSausage said:

Did you ever do something that you should not have when a boy?  

We are talking about a group of young boys/teenagers who did a bit of exploring after football practice, I don't think it was an organized event.

and we are talking Thailand here..........   

We are talking about a group of young boys who were in the 'care' of their coach.

It was the coaches idea to go into the cave and let's not pretend it was a good idea.

26 minutes ago, Davmaac said:

Give the guy a break because he made a valid point.

If someone trusted to look after your kid led them into a cave endangering their life without your knowledge/permission I'm sure you would be fine with that?

Everyone is happy it turned out well but it could easily have went the other way and the coaches irresponsible actions should not be ignored.

Thanks. It remains awkwardly  why would a coach bring children into a cave without having and or asking first permission from their parents? That’s just abnormal.

Let them go back to being children. Use this as a teaching and healing moment, but don't fill their heads with nonsense and make celebrities out of them.

If they want a movie, concentrate on the rescuers and the team effort that was required.  I'd like to see a documentary, not a cheap, prime-time drama.

17 hours ago, jimn said:

I have read that this will be the only media appearance the boys will make and then they can go back to leading their normal lifes. I know its cynical. But I wonder how long it will be for individual parents to start milking this and striking deals with the media that will line their pockets. Just a thought.

It has happened already!!!  Footage from their home comings shown on tv this morning.

6 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I'd like to see a documentary, not a cheap, prime-time drama.

I would venture to guess that if it is Thai made it will be 'prime-time drama'. Remember the old adage "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story". 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:46 AM, Suradit69 said:

You didn't manage to "spil" the fun, but you did prove that someone on TV is always standing by, ready to try throwing mud on anything positive that is reported about Thais or Thailand. 

And I doubt you're remotely sorry for trying.

why would the facts be not positive, how can they make the film without the truth coming out?

25 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

why would the facts be not positive, how can they make the film without the truth coming out?

The poster wasn't attempting to script a documentary. As he said his purpose was to "spil" the fun.

the truth came out during the media event with all the boys, not because someone on TV tried to make that a significant element in the story. And if you watched the event, it appeared that once one boy commented on misleading information he gave his parents, the other 11 just parroted what he said. 

Really the seal was placing Oxygen tanks under water; hmmm Oxygen can become toxic and even deadly if breathed underwater at a depth of 4 meters  for any extended period of time. It's more likely he was placing tanks of air for the young men to breath.

On 7/19/2018 at 1:52 PM, wvavin said:

Bunch of idiots that caused the unnecessary loss of an innocent life!

Young boys - you never made a wrong decision in your teenager age?

Bunch is wrong! 

Only the adult is countable for the incident. 

Archived