Thai team to explore North Pole to better protect ecosystem

webfact

5 hours ago, candide said:

I have no doubt that the specific expertise they could build in their home country will allow them to bring a distinguished scientific contribution in the North pole. Ahem..... ?

You know...a bit like if Greenland would send a scientific mission to explore the Adaman sea.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, curlylekan said:

Actually, I don't really see a problem with this. If the government or the Thai people will not take action on things until there is proof, proof observed by other Thai individuals, then let them go. Worst that can happen is the status quo stays the same, best is that it is leading towards a society who is beginning to take a look at the impact they are having on the world, thus making the appropriate changes. Now if it were the government saying a "war on Plastic," then I actually think nothing will be done than lip service. Here, everyday Thai's are stepping up to look at the impact they are having on the world. The best change happens at the grassroots level.

What I'm wondering is how the Thai people will survive without Thai food, or are they bringing their own. I've never been around such picky eaters.

there are Thai eateries to chose from as well as Mama in the shops

1 hour ago, maxcorrigan said:

Or Ludolph the Led Nosed Leindeer!

in the main "city" there are two thrufares, one on each side of the valley

between these two roads there are fields with led nosed leindeers "cutting" the grass - no joking

20 hours ago, curlylekan said:

Actually, I don't really see a problem with this. If the government or the Thai people will not take action on things until there is proof, proof observed by other Thai individuals, then let them go. Worst that can happen is the status quo stays the same, best is that it is leading towards a society who is beginning to take a look at the impact they are having on the world, thus making the appropriate changes. Now if it were the government saying a "war on Plastic," then I actually think nothing will be done than lip service. Here, everyday Thai's are stepping up to look at the impact they are having on the world. The best change happens at the grassroots level.

What I'm wondering is how the Thai people will survive without Thai food, or are they bringing their own. I've never been around such picky eaters.

Svalbard; there are Thai eateries and shops have Mama

6 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

f2e26518acbcddf554149cc1afc23cf5.jpg

don't laugh

I've seen a video of angry and very hungry polar bears attacking a cabin/hut in which they expected to find food.

these creatures are strong! and they don't give in easily

within a couple of hours 3 of them totally dismantled a wooden cabin

19 hours ago, Jonah Tenner said:

It is summer at the North Pole, temperatures will be in the range of +5 to +15

I do hope you are quoting fahrenheit.

Time of year Average (mean) temperature
North Pole South Pole
Summer 32° F (0° C) −18° F (−28.2° C)
Winter −40° F (−40° C) −76° F (−60° C)

Archived