PM Prayut chairs Herbal Expo, vows to develop traditional medicine

webfact

PM chairs Herbal Expo, vows to develop traditional medicine

PNECO610718001001101.jpg

NONTHABURI, 19th July 2018 (NNT) - The Prime Minister has vowed that his administration will continue to improve the public health system and foster wider acceptance of Thai herbal remedies. 

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha made the remarks as he chaired an academic conference to celebrate the country’s public health achievements over the last century. 

The conference is being held in tandem with the 15th National Herb Expo, taking place at IMPACT Muang Thong Thani in Nonthaburi province from July 18th - 21st. At the event, awards were given to Thai doctors and public health officials for their achievements and contributions to medicine. 

Gen Prayut delivered a keynote address at the expo, saying Thailand has made satisfactory progress in its public health system over the past 100 years, to the point where it has achieved international renown. Nonetheless, the government is ready to support the growth of public health to greater heights. Special focus will be placed on the development of traditional Thai medicine and Thai herbal remedies to achieve widespread acceptance. 

According to the premier, the government will achieve these goals via policies to reduce social inequality, while fostering economic stability and sustainability. He also called on the Ministry of Public Health to monitor the mental health of the public, which he claims has been negatively impacted by online media. 

During his keynote address, Gen Prayut admitted that he has been ill, possibly due to the weather as well as the stresses of his position. However, he claimed his condition is improving, due to herbal remedies he received from the Ministry of Public Health.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-07-19

1 hour ago, webfact said:

PM chairs Herbal Expo

Is there any gathering of people in Thailand, be it a committee, conference or seminar that he is not chairman of? He has certainly made an art-form of being indispensable.

I read somewhere toad venom has found it's way into traditional Chinese medicine. However, Thailand toad venom could be expected to have a serious adverse effect on the health of the nation.

Prayut chairs so many different things, when does the poor man find time to eat, sleep.

Such a wonderful caring man, what would the country do without him?:cheesy::shock1::cheesy:

Yes just another load of BS from the la-la kid.

NB para # 4: to the point where Thailand's public health system has reached international reknown.

I use the That public health system (I pay), and I find it, for my needs, quite satisfactory. But " international reknown"?

NB para # 5: mental health is being affected by online media!

Drip, drip, drip. Slowly building the case to attemot to bring it under government ( his) control.

You have left it too late General. Even your private conscript soldiers are using it...

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Prayut chairs so many different things, when does the poor man find time to eat, sleep.

Such a wonderful caring man, what would the country do without him?:cheesy::shock1::cheesy:

Yes just another load of BS from the la-la kid.

Get the terminology right: Herbal remedy, please.

1 hour ago, Darcula said:

I just chaired a herbal explosion myself. Shouldn't have had italian dressing on that salad last night.

thats  right  blame it on johhny  foreigner as usual?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

PM chairs Herbal Expo, vows to develop traditional medicine

Gen Prayut saying Thailand has made satisfactory progress in its public health system over the past 100 years, to the point where it has achieved international renown.

Unfortunately the underpaid nurses have a different (more realistic) view. 

...foster wider acceptance of Thai herbal remedies. 

Like the free of charge Thai herbal remedies that cure cancer, and the ones proven to cure ebola and HIV???

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Gen Prayut admitted that he has been ill, possibly due to the weather as well as the stresses of his position. However, he claimed his condition is improving, due to herbal remedies

Cannabis?  :stoner:

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Special focus will be placed on the development of traditional Thai medicine and Thai herbal remedies to achieve widespread acceptance.

Are we actually going to test these remedies, or just assume that they work based on word of mouth, anecdote and tradition?  I think I already know the answer.

How come we have not heard anymore of the cancer fighting mango ?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

However, he claimed his condition is improving, due to herbal remedies he received from the Ministry of Public Health.

Such as : St. John's Wort for the people don't love me blues, panax ginseng for the libido,  lutein and zeaxanthin for 20/20 20 year road map vision ?  Again, less than generous with details. 

A couple of Thai hospitals gave up on curing the virus my spouse has been fighting during the last couple of years. I found a herbal treatment from India who guarantees money back if the herbal cure doesn't work (https://herpescure.net/). I ordered it and had it shipped to Thailand; customs refused entry to Thailand!

How can Thailand expect to make a business with Traditional medicine and attract clients from abroad if other countries in the world have the same approach to import of herbal medicine?

Archived