Video: Granny gets flattened - social media hunt on!

webfact

Video: Granny gets flattened - social media hunt on!

9PM.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Video from CCTV on Thai TV and Facebook showed a pick-up driver in a village back over an innocent granny.

Now the hunt is on using social media.

Seventy one year old Sriprapha Naewbanthat was minding her own business early morning on Tuesday walking under an umbrella in her village in Ban Sang, Bang Pa-In.

The pick-up was overloaded making a rear view difficult but after reversing over gran the driver just drives off, does a U-turn and leaves the scene.

Sriprapha suffered bruising and needed four stitches.

Anyone with information should contact Bang Pa-In police.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-19

Nothing new or surprising.i can't understand why they expect the driver to stop.its Thai style to run away and not having to face the music or responsibilities of their actions.glad to see granma kept all her limbs and no broken bones.

Reversing is definitely not one of their strong points, it's humors me driving around to see just how many vehicles have dents in the back. Thankfully mocy don't have reverse gear! 

26 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

seriously wouldn't surprise me if the dopey driver didn't even realize he'd hit her.

some of these guys are just oblivious.

& I reckon he had no idea

But he must of passed her before deciding to do the 3 point turn to go back past her

I wonder what he thought when he drove back & seen her on the ground, OH maybe she tripped

Since his load covered the entire window, he could see nothing except in his side mirrors if he checked at all

3 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Nothing new or surprising.i can't understand why they expect the driver to stop.its Thai style to run away and not having to face the music or responsibilities of their actions.glad to see granma kept all her limbs and no broken bones.

Obviously its not a Thai thing as almost all the users condemn the action. I guess the users who condemn it on facebook are not Thai.

Too bad that granny did not get the licence number!  Guess she was too shook up. Too bad

the camera could not get good quality pictures so the licence number would be readable when

zoomed in. Thailand is still certainly a third world country , with a third world mai pen rai

attitude. Sad!

The old lady needs to buy lottery ticket,as she was so

lucky not to go under the wheels,wonder If he thought

"what's that old woman doing sitting in the road" as he

passed her by.

regards worgeordie

19 hours ago, happy chappie said:

would not of possibly know he had reversed over her, over loaded no reversing beeper IF " he did a U turn as the article states , he would of seen her on the ground or at least getting up , all the same very lucky lady.

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The old lady needs to buy lottery ticket,as she was so

lucky not to go under the wheels,wonder If he thought

"what's that old woman doing sitting in the road" as he

passed her by.

regards worgeordie

Maybe he was looking for her car

Archived