Thousands of Myanmar people could be living in Thailand with fake visas

webfact

5 hours ago, Lungstib said:

What an awful crime. This could totally undermine national security and result in an even bigger number of cheap labourers being available for dirty jobs at cheap pay. This corruption is taking money right out of the hands of the corrupt immigration officers who badly need new Fortuners.

Looks like the Burmese are still getting topside of the Thais then

7 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Sounds like a job for Big Joke. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks  more  like a job for "PC Porker" judging by the photo,  guess they  aint  doing Prayuts daily exercises anymore,  some  would  say only his  right  hand exercises

It's all very well and good spending thousands even millions rounding up stray overstayers, etc, but here we begin to see the real problem laid bare.  And my experience of Thailand leads me to wonder if this is just the tip of the iceberg. I expect BJ is quaking in his police boots at the thought of actually dealing with the real issue.

No good blaming the people who get these fake visa's. Blame the people who hand them out. They are the ones making money out of it. It is big business and maybe just maybe they give these fake visas to people in Burma or other countries so they can be exploited as cheap labor in Thailand. You won't get the lazy Thais to work  Should be easy to trace where these visas are handed out or who gave them out But ask the question? Does the government really want to stop this? Who else can they get to do the low paid jobs in Thailand? As i have said many times the dirtiest word in the Thai dictionary is "WORK" I think the government and big business are on the same page. An old saying" You scratch my back and I will scratch yours"

images (4).jpg

Archived