Non B fingerprints & slash numbers

Hi, I’ve recently been advised by the MoI that:

-          the Thai police check for Non B now requires fingerprints (I know this is a requirement at the late stages of PR approval, but I’d never heard of it for Non B before),

-          there are different types of Non B designated by slash numbers – Non B/nnnn,

anyone else heard this?

Thanks.

Thanks Joe,

this is my 5th education-related year Non-B and the first time I've heard of fingerprints being required. In the last 4-5 years I  have only provided one Thai police check - at the beginning of my first year, and fingerprints were never asked for. I guess the local MoI office/police station interpreted and processed it their own way!

This situation has only arisen because the MoI recently advised me to apply for a different type of Non-B - one with a slash number /nnnn, which they say will give me the right to have my name on land chanotes as a co-owner up to 50%. I'd never heard of this before either, but greatly appreciated if you've got any info on this,

cheers.

When you write Mol what do you mean? Not sure what the Ministry Of Interior or Labor has to do with your non-b visa and the police clearance. 

You apparently got your last police clearance certificate before they centralized the issuance of them.

As I wrote before I never heard of a non-b visa from a embassy or consulate with /nnn after it.

Your category of visa would have no effect on land ownership.

Re MoI, I meant Immigration, not Interior. My mistake.

Re Non B and land ownership.  I'm advised by Immigration that the category of Non B I have at the time of receiving PR (imminent) will affect my land ownership rights post PR; hence their advice to change my non-B status now; they say that the advised status is rare, and I certainly haven't found any reference to it on the forum.

I've also read the excellent thread here about PR from beginning to end, but have found no reference to this.