Ekkamai bouncer takes down Suthep's rampaging nephew: witnesses

snoop1130

Ekkamai bouncer takes down Suthep's rampaging nephew: witnesses

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

S__14409858-696x522.jpg

BANGKOK — Police on Thursday were investigating whether a nephew of former firebrand activist Suthep Thaugsuban whacked a taxi driver and his cab with a baseball bat after they were involved in a crash in a trendy Bangkok neighborhood.

Ben Thaugsuban, 24, was driving at about 5:30am near Soi Ekkamai 6 when he allegedly hit a taxi turning into the road in front of him. Witnesses said the politico’s nephew got out of the car and had a heated exchange with driver Rangsan Iw-pla before fetching a baseball bat to hit him and the taxi. A bouncer from a night club across the road rushed to the scene, according to those present, to tackle Ben, injuring the alleged assailant’s face and foot.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2018/07/19/ekkamai-bouncer-takes-down-sutheps-rampaging-nephew-witnesses/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-7-19

"Col. Suthep said he was unaware if Ben had taken a breathalyzer test after the crash"

well course he didn't, why would he be breathlyzed when he said "he had been drinking until 1am but was not drunk when the crash took place"

he wouldn't tell porkies would he and of course your colleagues would never take a bribe to avoid the breathalyzer would they? . . . . .course not

The kid looks like he's pretty out of it in the photos.... probably moreso than any ill effects from getting bashed by the bouncer.

So he had stopped drinking at 1 am, huh???  Funny, that just happens to be the legal closing time in such areas, which probably gets ignored as often as it's honored... And then, he was still out driving around 4 hours later???   Hmmm......

Pity the police apparently couldn't be arsed to do a breathalyzer....

14 hours ago, oldrunner said:

I told him I was the "Nephew of _________" and as such immune from..OUCH, you actually bopped me in the Nose. That hurt, I'm going to report you.

I wouldn't be surprised if he caught a broken nose probably after he told the bouncer whose nephew he is. Too bad he didn't bring his friends of the Chalerm family.

14 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

Hope the bouncer gets out of this alive. 

These priks with money and connections run rough-shod over the law. 

A brutal, feudal society where life means nothing and money means everything.

Indeed. Had it of been a member of the Chalerm clan retribution would likely already have been delivered.

No doubt some of the associates of his clan will want to have a friendly little chat with the club management and bouncer.

Wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Looks like the bouncer made a good job of it ?

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, stud858 said:

ABSO LOOTLY brilliant

Yeah, best bit of news I've read in a while.

Archived