Chuvit to be released this Saturday

snoop1130

Chuvit to be released this Saturday

chuwit-1-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Chuvit Kamolvisit, an outspoken television show host and former leader of the now-defunct Rak Thailand Party, will be released on Saturday, July 21, after serving a one-month jail term at the Bangkok Remand Prison, Corrections Department director-general Pol Col Narat Sawetanan said today.

The Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions sentenced Chuvit to one month in jail after finding him guilty of filing a false assets declaration to the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chuvit-released-saturday/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-7-19

50 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

Didn't realize he had been impisoned, normally see him on tv every morning, must have clashed with the World Cup.

I do like the guy though

Just because he stole the means by which hundreds of people earned a living, why hate him?  For some reason Thais like him.  Frankly, he and his sledgehammer deserved a good burning at the stake.  Would have saved the cost of imprisoning him for the past month.

6 minutes ago, zaphod reborn said:

Just because he stole the means by which hundreds of people earned a living, why hate him?  For some reason Thais like him.  Frankly, he and his sledgehammer deserved a good burning at the stake.  Would have saved the cost of imprisoning him for the past month.

Well at least he served his time, not like a lot of other dodgy criminals with the right connections who are still walking the streets here and overseas - some who stole more than the means of a few hundred. 

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Just the one month then.

The one month jail is not the most relevant aspect of this case. The most important is that he has been deprived of the right to contest elections for 5 years. Oh surprise! Right before an election!

25 minutes ago, candide said:

The one month jail is not the most relevant aspect of this case. The most important is that he has been deprived of the right to contest elections for 5 years. Oh surprise! Right before an election!

Chuwit is a good TV host- controversial, outspoken- it brings in the viewers- but his record as a politician is lamentable. He started his own party, Rak Prathet Thai ( Love Thailand) and gained 4 MPs but he fell out with  them all, dismissing them from the party if I remember right.

A maverick, distrusted by other politicians.

7 hours ago, bannork said:

Chuwit is a good TV host- controversial, outspoken- it brings in the viewers- but his record as a politician is lamentable. He started his own party, Rak Prathet Thai ( Love Thailand) and gained 4 MPs but he fell out with  them all, dismissing them from the party if I remember right.

A maverick, distrusted by other politicians.

I am not particularly defending his record as politician. I just find interesting that he has been deprived of political rights shortly before an elections. And this for a very minor offense, as he forgot to declare a share of 150 000 baht in a restaurant, which is peanuts. A case to compare with the NACC covering up Somyot who borrowed 300 million baht to the owner of Victoria Secrets (and did not declare it either).

4 hours ago, candide said:

I am not particularly defending his record as politician. I just find interesting that he has been deprived of political rights shortly before an elections. And this for a very minor offense, as he forgot to declare a share of 150 000 baht in a restaurant, which is peanuts. A case to compare with the NACC covering up Somyot who borrowed 300 million baht to the owner of Victoria Secrets (and did not declare it either).

but that's different - wink wink ... 

Let's get real, he got the one month sentence only because it came with a restriction to enter politics again. If they would imprison every one equally for filing a false assets declaration, they must turn Phuket into a fenced Gulag.

At least he is man enough to face the music. Now the less than respectable fat old little p who lied about his watches being a dead friend's, and the less than respectable big p protecting his family and cohorts from not declaring funds need to go to jail. But they won't, not any of them. Well maybe one day it would be good to see them incarcerated as they are only tolerated at present because of the military power...

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions sentenced Chuvit to one month in jail after finding him guilty of filing a false assets declaration to the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

Jeez, can you imagine what he would have got for an accurate assets declaration, probably a life sentence.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived