Jump to content
BANGKOK
aldriglikvid

AIS - 6 month a 6 Mbps = 1800 baht

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

But the cheapness has ended, why pay more?

(I've got the 6 months for 600bht NetMarathon in my second SIM slot, never used for anything but data)

 

NetMarathon SIM price includes VAT.

 

Hasn't ended. Just apply another 6 month data package for 642 baht.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

No, one of the suppliers definitely shows the VAT-inclusive price for at least one of its offers. It's printed on the SIM package. Cant remember which one though. It certainly is not True.

 

SIM packaging and Internet websites aren't the same thing. 

We aren't referring to SIMs, but add-on packages. All are advertised sans VAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
SIM packaging and Internet websites aren't the same thing. 
We aren't referring to SIMs, but add-on packages. All are advertised sans VAT
Im not sure what "sans" means but I'm pretty sure my AIS package 2500 baht included VAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Being in Jomtien I do know what "sans" is; it's that stuff that's all over the beach. However, the "all are advertised sans VAT" statement is clearly disproved by counter-example. The Net Marathon Sim is advertised with VAT. It might be true that some prices are advertised sans VAT.
 
I bought the add on package last night which is the subject of this topic and I believe I paid 1,800 baht for 6 months of 6 Mps service, not 1,926 baht.
 
Maybe AIS should call the three add on net packages slowest speed, medium speed, and fastest speed; not 1 Mbps, 4 Mbps, and 6 Mbps. Like I said last night my Net Marathon 4 Mbps SIM tested at 1.58 Mbps download, and after I upgraded to 6 Mbps it tested at 2.68 Mbps.
 
I just now ran the speedtest again and got a result of 4.52 Mbps.  I'm happy with that, just saying that I'm not actually getting 6 Mbps.  I guess phone hardware, distance to tower, winds blowing the sans of the beach; all sorts of factors come into play to determine the actual speed at any given time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All internet package rates that I ever used are ex. VAT as it clearly stated on the AIS site.

All minute call rates are ex. VAT as it clearly stated on the AIS site.

Aside from that all monthly ISP rates (internet) are ex. VAT (my 750 internet is actually 803).

Never seen a telecom/internet rate advertised incl. VAT.

 

So yours must be special (I could not check those big 1800 Baht package e.g.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, daocat555 said:
Being in Jomtien I do know what "sans" is; it's that stuff that's all over the beach. However, the "all are advertised sans VAT" statement is clearly disproved by counter-example. The Net Marathon Sim is advertised with VAT. It might be true that some prices are advertised sans VAT.
 
I bought the add on package last night which is the subject of this topic and I believe I paid 1,800 baht for 6 months of 6 Mps service, not 1,926 baht.
 
Maybe AIS should call the three add on net packages slowest speed, medium speed, and fastest speed; not 1 Mbps, 4 Mbps, and 6 Mbps. Like I said last night my Net Marathon 4 Mbps SIM tested at 1.58 Mbps download, and after I upgraded to 6 Mbps it tested at 2.68 Mbps.
 
I just now ran the speedtest again and got a result of 4.52 Mbps.  I'm happy with that, just saying that I'm not actually getting 6 Mbps.  I guess phone hardware, distance to tower, winds blowing the sans of the beach; all sorts of factors come into play to determine the actual speed at any given time.


I'm happy it worked out for you. To prepare my Airport arrival next week - did you activate the package by the link I provided or did you find a #number-#-to-#press-#and-#call? ? Or, did you activate the package in another way? Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the link you provided.  It went smoothly.  Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2018 at 4:23 AM, daocat555 said:
Being in Jomtien I do know what "sans" is; it's that stuff that's all over the beach. However, the "all are advertised sans VAT" statement is clearly disproved by counter-example. The Net Marathon Sim is advertised with VAT. It might be true that some prices are advertised sans VAT.
 
I bought the add on package last night which is the subject of this topic and I believe I paid 1,800 baht for 6 months of 6 Mps service, not 1,926 baht.
 
Maybe AIS should call the three add on net packages slowest speed, medium speed, and fastest speed; not 1 Mbps, 4 Mbps, and 6 Mbps. Like I said last night my Net Marathon 4 Mbps SIM tested at 1.58 Mbps download, and after I upgraded to 6 Mbps it tested at 2.68 Mbps.
 
I just now ran the speedtest again and got a result of 4.52 Mbps.  I'm happy with that, just saying that I'm not actually getting 6 Mbps.  I guess phone hardware, distance to tower, winds blowing the sans of the beach; all sorts of factors come into play to determine the actual speed at any given time.

 

Once again.....

 

SIM packaging and Internet websites aren't the same thing. 
We aren't referring to SIMs, but add-on packages. All are advertised sans VAT 

Packages sans VAT. SIM, VAT included. 

 

SIM are quoted VAT inclusive. Packages, VAT excluded. If you believe that you were charged 1800 baht for the six month package, what proof do you have of this? What sustains your belief? Any facts there?

 

It would be odd if some of the packages on the same page were VAT free whilst others were not, wouldn't it?

 

Easy enough to calculate from what you have topped up, to what you have remaining. I think you will find that you were charged 1926 baht.

Were you were topping up an existing Marathon SIM?

 

Not good that you aren't getting the promised speeds.

I used to until recently, when they had a problem in my particular location. Then my 10 Mbps package start pulling down 2 Mbps instead of 10 Mbps. 

Edited by KneeDeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was being polite KneeDeep and you're being waist deep in it, and rude, so I'll reply.
 
One the following site I can access my AIS account, exactly how much I spend, what plans i have, etc.
 
 
From that site I will copy and print here:
 
MaoMao 1800Baht 6Mbps 6Months
 
Signup date : 20 July 2018 19:17:56
Usage cycle : 20 July 2018 - 20 January 2019
 
I have double checked exactly what AIS deducted from my SIM and it was exactly 1,800 baht baht and it was not 1,926 baht.  I draw the line at lending you my mobile so that you can log in to my AIS account and check this for yourself. so, yawn, you'll probable say I haven't proved my point. 
 
Yes, I was topping up an existing Marathon 4 Mbps SIM, as I mentioned before.
 
"All are advertised sans VAT" has been disproved by counter-example.  Which is to say when you say "all are" and I show you where, even one isn't, your statement becomes false.  You want a second opinion?  Your statements are becoming  tedious as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, for now, it seems as though the six and twelve month packages on AIS may have net pricing. Two confirmations of the 6 month 6 Mbps package on this forum so far. 

In fact, I have read as much on Pantip, but erred on the side of caution.

 

Though one stated they applied direct through an App. Not sure if there is any difference between using the App and any other method. 

In fact, girlfriend insisted that she couldn't apply for the 1 Mbps 6 month account with only 620 baht on account, but I'm not so sure that she applied properly at that time.

 

.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inflammatory posts and replies removed.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2018 at 3:19 PM, BritManToo said:

But the cheapness has ended, why pay more?

(I've got the 6 months for 600bht NetMarathon in my second SIM slot, never used for anything but data)

 

NetMarathon SIM price includes VAT.

How do you find the speed at 1mbps, are you able to stream youtube and line/FB messenger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

How do you find the speed at 1mbps, are you able to stream youtube and line/FB messenger?

I don't stream video, but probably not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't stream video, but probably not good.

Without sounding cheeky s it possible to do a quick test please, I would like to get 1mps but occasionally need to stream Youtube.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Without sounding cheeky s it possible to do a quick test please, I would like to get 1mps but occasionally need to stream Youtube.

Thanks

Played 'Despacito' from Youtube app.

Streamed OK at 240, 360, 480 stuttered once/minute,  720 stuttered frequently.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...