AIS - 6 month a 6 Mbps = 1800 baht

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/22/2018 at 10:01 PM, KneeDeep said:

So, for now, it seems as though the six and twelve month packages on AIS may have net pricing. Two confirmations of the 6 month 6 Mbps package on this forum so far. 

In fact, I have read as much on Pantip, but erred on the side of caution.

I accept your apology, even though you didnt actually go as far as making one.

12 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I accept your apology, even though you didnt actually go as far as making one.

What on earth are you going on about? You wrote; 

No, one of the suppliers definitely shows the VAT-inclusive price for at least one of its offers. It's printed on the SIM package. Cant remember which one though. It certainly is not True

and I replied that we weren't discussing SIM packages, as prices printed on SIM packages are always VAT inclusive.

It was the add ons that were in question, which are usually quoted VAT exclusive.

So if the new six and twelve month add-on packages are being applied VAT inclusive, that is an positive anomaly.

A couple of people over time have mentioned that they didn't think were charged 1926, but 1800 for the 6 Mbps add-on, so that adds to the evidence that those particular add ons are different.

Once again, you referred to SIM packaging.

So no apology due to you and that's partially why you didn't get one. How many apologies have you issued on this forum? 

3 hours ago, gaviny said:

Today I signed up for the 6mbps for 6 months and it cost me 1926 baht , I signed up my missus on.the 1mbps for 6 months and it cost 600 baht.Go figure , mine had GST added and hers didn't.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thank you for illustrating the confusion. I thought it might be SIM Marathon renewals that were not charged VAT. But it seems that there is another factor...

Did you join using exactly the same portal? Someone stated they joined via the AIS App and was charged 1800 baht.

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I paid the 2500 baht 4mbps via the web link further up. It's possible AIS just haven't set it up properly to charge VAT

That doesn't explain why he was charged VAT and you not, if you used the same link.

How long ago did you sign up? 

Old link; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package

New link; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais

Doesn't make much sense....yet

That doesn't explain why he was charged VAT and you not, if you used the same link.
How long ago did you sign up? 

Doesn't make much sense....yet

I signed up 2 weeks ago. There doesn't seem to be any logic which makes me wonder if its a mistake which is plausible

3 hours ago, gaviny said:

I actually got a staff at Telewiz
to do it for us and I just confirmed with my partner on why I only handed over 2426.baht for our plan and she just explained that she had credits that covered her gst.So obviously we did in.fact both paid gst.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thank you for clarifying. We don't know how they applied it at Telewiz, adding another possibility. ?

Did they use the same link as above, the USSD code or some other method....? It's not a question to you.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought True unlimited net sim 4 Mbps for one year and paid only 1200 baht on www.Shopee.co.th. Look for flash sale, at least one time every week you can get this price!

I did also buy 200 GB for six months for 200 baht at 1 mbps speed and this sim includes free calls to all True numbers for six months. You can pay cash when you receive the simcard after a couple of days. You have to take the simcard to True Shop to get it registred, but i was lucky once and got it registred at 7 ELEVEn. I think that maybe 1 out of 5 have staff that has the knowledge to do this for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Just install the myAIS app on your phone.  It shows you what you have and what you can add/upgrade and all the costs.  Makes everything easier compared to dialing codes to try do anything.

That 1800 for 6months 6mbps is a pretty good deal as long as you can get a strong enough signal in your apartment to make use of it.  Especially for the upload.  I can get well over 10mb/s download but usually not much higher than around 2mb/s upload consistently.  No matter where my phone is in the room.  As soon as I go outside no problem. 

Best to get the 6mb/s for 24 hours (for about 69 baht) first to make sure you can make use of all the speed.  Otherwise try the 4mb/s.  Also make sure you get the Mao Mao package.  There are non-Mao Mao packages that will try automatically renew you by taking any existing credit from your balance.

On 8/23/2018 at 10:55 AM, Trollmann said:

I bought True unlimited net sim 4 Mbps for one year and paid only 1200 baht on www.Shopee.co.th. Look for flash sale, at least one time every week you can get this price!

I did also buy 200 GB for six months for 200 baht at 1 mbps speed and this sim includes free calls to all True numbers for six months. You can pay cash when you receive the simcard after a couple of days. You have to take the simcard to True Shop to get it registred, but i was lucky once and got it registred at 7 ELEVEn. I think that maybe 1 out of 5 have staff that has the knowledge to do this for you.

I went with the True card in the end,, good deal 4mbps for 12 months 1300 baht and no need to top up at all.. Worst thing about the whole experience was dealing True staff when needed to register who insisted on not only scanning my passport but also taking a picture of me aswell.. To which I replied wasn't necessary with AIS.

Just install the myAIS app on your phone.  It shows you what you have and what you can add/upgrade and all the costs.  Makes everything easier compared to dialing codes to try do anything.

That 1800 for 6months 6mbps is a pretty good deal as long as you can get a strong enough signal in your apartment to make use of it.  Especially for the upload.  I can get well over 10mb/s download but usually not much higher than around 2mb/s upload consistently.  No matter where my phone is in the room.  As soon as I go outside no problem. 

Best to get the 6mb/s for 24 hours (for about 69 baht) first to make sure you can make use of all the speed.  Otherwise try the 4mb/s.  Also make sure you get the Mao Mao package.  There are non-Mao Mao packages that will try automatically renew you by taking any existing credit from your balance.
I uninstalled their app and just use their website instead, I'm pretty sure it was the app that opted me into spam advertising at 10 baht a day

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

Worst thing about the whole experience was dealing True staff when needed to register who insisted on not only scanning my passport but also taking a picture of me aswell.. To which I replied wasn't necessary with AIS.

I don't think that has anything to do with them.  It's the gov't that is trying to impose those requirements on them.  How different shops/companies apply/interpret the rules is not consistent is all.

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, lapd said:

I uninstalled their app and just use their website instead, I'm pretty sure it was the app that opted me into spam advertising at 10 baht a day

Up to you.  I have not seen anything like that.

4 hours ago, lapd said:

6 Mbps for 24 hours costs 36.38 baht if you apply by the end of this month.

*777*7209#

Didn't your App tell you that?

3 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

I went with the True card in the end,, good deal 4mbps for 12 months 1300 baht and no need to top up at all.. Worst thing about the whole experience was dealing True staff when needed to register who insisted on not only scanning my passport but also taking a picture of me aswell.. To which I replied wasn't necessary with AIS.

Have you run a speed test? What download/upload speed are you attaining with that SIM?

45 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

6 Mbps for 24 hours costs 36.38 baht if you apply by the end of this month.

*777*7209#

Didn't your App tell you that?

It's actually 29b + 34b = 63b.  Maybe you are on some other plan and looks like maybe some VAT added in there.  I may or may not be getting the VAT added later but I don't really keep track of a few baht difference like that.  

The app shows prices for almost everything. But why make things simple when you can spend hours googling for various codes, amirite?

For the 24hr plan it only shows the 4Mbps and then you get an SMS afterwards asking if you want to upgrade to 6Mbps for another 34baht.

It may depend on what plan you are on but for Traveller SIM the internet on top prices are:

#ONE TIME (Mao Mao)

29b 4Mbps 24hrs (after you sign up it sends you an SMS saying you can upgrade to 6Mbps for an additional 34 baht with the code)

150b  4Mbps for 7 days

300b 1Mbps for 30 days

450b 4Mbps for 30 days

99b 1Mbps for 7 days

125b 5GB data unlimited speed for up to 5 days

150b 4GB data unlimited speed for 10days

175b 5GB unlimited speed for 10 days
99b 2GB unlimited speed for 5 days

#MONTHLY (30 days)

199b 1GB full speed auto renew

399b 3GB auto

600b 1Mbps 6month one time (Mao Mao)

699b 6GB auto

799b  4GB (first 3months 12GB, whatever that means) auto

1200b 1Mbps 12 months one time (Mao Mao)

1400b 4Mbps 6 months one time(Mao Mao)

1800b 6Mbps 6 months one time

2500b 4Mbps 12 months

3500b  6Mbps 12 months

3 minutes ago, lapd said:

Is that all that code told you?  I guess you have not learned the super secret decoder ring ninja codes yet.  

The app shows all prices for everything.  What price do you need?  At least until you managed to find the code for it after an hour of googling.  Because why make things simple, right?

So 'your' App showed you that it was 69 baht, as opposed to the current price of 36.38 baht?  ? Why do you insist on making yourself look silly?

On another note, if 'your' App tells you all prices for everything, pray tell me the prices for the 10 Mbps packages.

I cannot install the App on my phone, so perhaps you can help me.

40 minutes ago, lapd said:

It's actually 29b + 34b = 63b.  Maybe you are on some other plan and looks like maybe some VAT added in there.  I may or may not be getting the VAT added later but I don't really keep track of a few baht difference like that.  

The app shows prices for almost everything. But why make things simple when you can spend hours googling for various codes, amirite?

For the 24hr plan it only shows the 4Mbps and then you get an SMS afterwards asking if you want to upgrade to 6Mbps for another 34baht.

It may depend on what plan you are on but for Traveller SIM the internet on top prices are:

#ONE TIME (Mao Mao)

29b 4Mbps 24hrs (after you sign up it sends you an SMS saying you can upgrade to 6Mbps for an additional 34 baht with the code)

150b  4Mbps for 7 days

300b 1Mbps for 30 days

450b 4Mbps for 30 days

99b 1Mbps for 7 days

#MONTHLY (30 days)

399b 3GB auto

699b 6GB auto

2500b 4Mbps 12 months

3500b  6Mbps 12 months

I'm not going to tease you any more. ?

The App is not comprehensive, as illustrated by there being no sign of their 10 Mbps offers. There are also many other useful offers not listed there.

So you'll need to defer to the experts for that....or at least look at posts they made earlier. ? 

In addition, it's also confusing you with it's language. The 29 baht/(31.03 baht incl) 4 Mbps and the 34 baht(36.38 baht incl) 6 Mbps package are not connected in the way that you imagine.

In other words, the SMS that you are sent, are for use on another day. 

You don't need to subscribe to the 4 Mbps package in order to utilise the 6 Mbps package. You can just subscribe to the 6 Mbps in the first instance. So it's 36.38 baht for that 24 hour period, not 63 baht.

Simple is simple. It doesn't mean it's the best way.

53 minutes ago, lapd said:

#ONE TIME (Mao Mao)

150b  4Mbps for 7 days

300b 1Mbps for 30 days

450b 4Mbps for 30 days

99b 1Mbps for 7 days

#MONTHLY (30 days)

399b 3GB auto

699b 6GB auto

2500b 4Mbps 12 months

3500b  6Mbps 12 months

If you like it simple, these links also allow you to just click through to what you want; 

(Copied it from another post earlier in the thread).

Just as easy as an App.

3 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

I'm getting around 4mbps d/l and variable u/l which seems to be higher.
Screenshot_20180912-171213.jpeg

It can vary quite a bit.  Mostly depends on your signal strength.  So generally slower indoors.  Especially upload which I believe is on a higher frequency.  Also depends on how busy the cell site is.  I notice that it seems to be faster in some areas.  I seem to consistently get the fastest speeds around Central mall.  Anywhere from 20-40Mbps up and down.  Also, speedtest results can vary quite a bit depending on which server you are testing against.  So you have to test with several different servers to get an accurate picture

I use an app called Network Cell Info Lite to get signal strength.  Download is usually faster than upload but I sometimes get faster upload.  So I wouldn't try read too much into that.

3 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

If you like it simple, these links also allow you to just click through to what you want; 

(Copied it from another post earlier in the thread).

Just as easy as an App.

The app gives you those exact same pages.  But the app does a lot more than that.  It automatically reads your number and knows who you are.  You don't have to sign up for it or anything.  I think it just needed to send a confirmation code by SMS.  After that it shows balances, remaining data, and lets you add packages with one or two clicks.

But whatever floats your boat code commander.  If you want to make things more complicated than they need to be and keep punching in different codes to do everything then that's up to you.

9 hours ago, lapd said:

The app gives you those exact same pages.  But the app does a lot more than that.  It automatically reads your number and knows who you are.  You don't have to sign up for it or anything.  I think it just needed to send a confirmation code by SMS.  After that it shows balances, remaining data, and lets you add packages with one or two clicks.

But whatever floats your boat code commander.  If you want to make things more complicated than they need to be and keep punching in different codes to do everything then that's up to you.

I know of what the web interface and application is capable. I just provided those links for you.

Surely you cannot be so ridiculous to imagine that you were the first here to ever use the Application or Web Interface.

The point that I am making, the one that you cannot seem to wrap your brain around, is that your simple solution does not encompass all of the best and most useful packages.

Illustrated by the fact that I've asked you umpteen times to show me the link for the AIS 10 Mbps package on the App. But, so far, you have failed to do so.

Because it isn't there.

So what is your solution for that, Mr Two Clicks?

Use it or lose it. If you don't utilise what intelligence you have, you'll just become a dumb person. Capable only of eating whatever they are given and incapable of hunting and choosing for themselves.

I can utilise both the click through links and and independent codes. Whichever is best for me. If you are only capable of clicking through available links, then stick to what you know. But not everyone is a simpleton.

Think of it another way. Sometimes it is more convenient to enter a code if you don't want to use any credit whilst subscribing. You can turn data off when using USSD.

You need data to utilise the App. I know this is beyond your thinking.

So people generally prefer to have both options open to them.

Archived