AIS - 6 month a 6 Mbps = 1800 baht

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

My bud is heading over and wants to know if he can use get Traveler SIM and get the 6 months right at the airport. from AIS.

AIS kiosk at the airport can do all that but it's usually busy and in a chaotic area. So it's best to try do it somewhere else if at all possible.  

It's trivial to add data once you already have a Traveller SIM.  You just need to add credit to your phone which you can buy at Family Mart convenience stores which are everywhere. 

Install the myAIS app to add data.  Otherwise you have to fart around with codes.

4 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

I know of what the web interface and application is capable. I just provided those links for you.

Surely you cannot be so ridiculous to imagine that you were the first here to ever use the Application or Web Interface.

The point that I am making, the one that you cannot seem to wrap your brain around, is that your simple solution does not encompass all of the best and most useful packages.

Illustrated by the fact that I've asked you umpteen times to show me the link for the AIS 10 Mbps package on the App. But, so far, you have failed to do so.

Because it isn't there.

So what is your solution for that, Mr Two Clicks?

Use it or lose it. If you don't utilise what intelligence you have, you'll just become a dumb person. Capable only of eating whatever they are given and incapable of hunting and choosing for themselves.

I can utilise both the click through links and and independent codes. Whichever is best for me. If you are only capable of clicking through available links, then stick to what you know. But not everyone is a simpleton.

Think of it another way. Sometimes it is more convenient to enter a code if you don't want to use any credit whilst subscribing. You can turn data off when using USSD.

You need data to utilise the App. I know this is beyond your thinking.

So people generally prefer to have both options open to them.

Can anybody tell me what the code is for the  1mbps 6 month and 12 month, do they have a list  somewhere?

8 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

Can anybody tell me what the code is for the  1mbps 6 month and 12 month, do they have a list  somewhere?

That's your cue code commander knee deep.  You have waited your whole life for this moment.

4 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

*777*7267# 6 months

*777*7268# 12 months

I've never understood why some people take every opportunity to embarrass themselves. ?

Use the Web Interface, Application, USSD....whatever suits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 9:21 AM, 2008bangkok said:

I went with the True card in the end,, good deal 4mbps for 12 months 1300 baht and no need to top up at all.. Worst thing about the whole experience was dealing True staff when needed to register

Can I ask, where did you find this 12 months prepaid 4Mbps? I can not not find anything longer than 30 days prepaid at TrueMove web site, True site has always been terribly designed, but they have topped themselves since April, new design should receive The Most Terrible Design award:

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/package/prepaid?ln=en

So unless I find  prepaid data package similar to AIS Net Marathon, but with  True, I'm just gonna drop True after being with them 5 years

Can I ask, where did you find this 12 months prepaid 4Mbps? I can not not find anything longer than 30 days prepaid at TrueMove web site, True site has always been terribly designed, but they have topped themselves since April, new design should receive The Most Terrible Design award:

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/package/prepaid?ln=en

So unless I find  prepaid data package similar to AIS Net Marathon, but with  True, I'm just gonna drop True after being with them 5 years
Try this

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/true-sim-net-true-4g-unlimit-4-mbps-unlimit-i106935595-s108013299.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.423e5eb4S5UNzP&search=1

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

18 hours ago, whitemouse said:

Yep, that is exactly the thing, thank you very much! 

YEs, thats it.. The exact one i brought which I can confirm works is this one https://www.lazada.co.th/-i168815776-s209272320.html?spm=a2o4m.order_list.detail_image..7aab6108JD0G8a&urlFlag=true&mp=1

Basically all you need to do is to register at true move shop and then put the sim in and it all done automatically for you, You will recieve a SMS telling you the promotion. The sim is also valid for 1 year aswell so no need to put any credit on if you dont want to.

Obviously you wont be able to keep your old number and will use the new one. Now for me I will do this every year and change my number. Nowadays I barely make any cell phone calls its all messenger chat, call and video calling. Probably wont even give anybody the number.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

The 'problem' with that solution is that once that year is up, there will be no more of those SIM and the OP will have only the poor package option. So, if he does go with the Truemove H SIM, he should take steps to keep the current AIS SIM active throughout the year, in so he can avail himself of the long term AIS packages above in the future.

On the other hand, the Truemove H SIM may still be open to the older Truemove H packages.

So good solution, but keep the current AIS SIM active if it was originally obtained and registered before the 1st of Feb.

Thank you all for guiding me. Like I mentioned before I got a new sim since September for 149 each and so far accumulated 4 Sim cards. I decided to go with the one year plan at 100 Bhat a month. The latest deal I got for 427 ( 399+vat) died in 4 days after 5 GB of data, the girls at the kiosk wanted to get their revenge on me. They saw me since the past six months buying a new sim for 149  with which I enjoyed 27 GB of data a month,  and now it was time to tell me that the 149 Bhat promotion ended. They sold me the 399 Bhat deal for 30 days, I figured just a price change and paid only to find out that after 5 days my speed is 128kb, I am very mad for what they did with out warning me the difference between the old 4mbps plan and the new , 5gb data plan.  Any how thanks to the forum I found a long term solution to my phone issue. I use the hotspot feature and waive the 500 Bhat internet charge on my apartment rent. 

• 4 months later...
On 7/20/2018 at 4:09 PM, KhunBENQ said:

As others wrote: 1800 + 7% = 1926 Baht minimum credit on the SIM required.

I didn't find a code to dial for these big packages.

So you just go to the myais site, login with the phone number and the OTP code that you receive via SMS and then proceed and confirm.

About 300 Baht/month for 6 MBit/s?

Sounds reasonable to me.

This rate is fast enough to watch videos in good quality (720p?).

And of course video chatting etc.

I got the 1Mb/s package for Bht 600 for 6 months. Works perfectly, videos, chatting, BBC via Express VPN. No problems at all.

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
52 minutes ago, wgdanson said:
I got the 1Mb/s package for Bht 600 for 6 months. Works perfectly, videos, chatting, BBC via Express VPN. No problems at all.

very recently?

Last month

On 7/20/2018 at 1:44 PM, daocat555 said:

aldriglikvid; when I click on your link I get a different offer than the one you posted.  I get an offer of 599 baht for 30 days, a whooping 7,188 baht/year; not the best deal in town for the less than wealthy.  I bought the AIS Net Marathon SIM for 2,500 baht online (includes VAT).  It has 4 MBPS speed and is valid for 12 months with 1 baht/hour calling rate on AIS network for the first year.  I also like ordering it online as I can select a phone number that is easy for me to remember.  Here is the link for that; after the SIM card arrives you must take it to an AIS or Telewitz shop with your passport and register the number and then top up the SIM card to be able to make calls.

https://store.ais.co.th/th/sim-card/sim-net-marathon-2500-baht-4-mbps-12-months.html

I looked for a while on the AIS online site for the net top up offers and found them confusing.  I am glad I got the Net Marathon, but I don't know what happens for net service after one year, so I'll find out latter I guess.  Before that SIM I had the Dtac go phlearn net SIM card which was slow and very disappointing, so now I recommend AIS.

it is only for a new sim card and the new link is

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/simcard/en/marathon.html

there is no unlimited plan with old sim card ?

• 3 months later...

Visiting Thailand again after about 1 year away… are the AIS plans listed below still available? A year ago I could get 6mbps for 550 baht/month without a calling plan. But if I did want to call or text could do so based on the balance of extra baht I had left. Can still get such a set-up? TIA

imageproxy.png

Visiting Thailand again after about 1 year away… are the AIS plans listed below still available? A year ago I could get 6mbps for 550 baht/month without a calling plan. But if I did want to call or text could do so based on the balance of extra baht I had left. Can still get such a set-up? TIA
imageproxy.png.fb04752ecb38ed26b4939dadd56bed0b.png
These are the best deals I've seen for old sims1570918789733.jpg

It's obvious that AIS does not want to make some of these deals easy to get and yet some people here are acting like this stuff is obvious and easy when it's practically changing weekly. I pretty much gave up and just buy whatever the MyAIS app gives me as options.

There is no unlimited data anymore for existing customers as far as I know.  At least none AIS wants to make easy to get.  And I don't think people are willing to get new SIMs and numbers in order to get some of these deals so it's basically a non-starter for most people.

Yea, maybe they still call it unlimited on some lower speed plans. If you do some basic math you will quickly realize why they can call lower speed plans unlimited.  Because even if you are using it 24/7 at top speed, the lower speed limits you to the same or less data than just getting a capped data at full speed plan.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 11:52 PM, gaviny said:

As of only late August I had signed up for 1mbps unlimited data and it is truly unlimited , before that I had the 6mbps unlimited also.

Truly unlimited only because there is only so much data you can use at 1Mbps vs 6Mbps.  

Archived