Jump to content
BANGKOK
aldriglikvid

AIS - 6 month a 6 Mbps = 1800 baht

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Played 'Despacito' from Youtube app.

Streamed OK at 240, 360, 480 stuttered once/minute,  720 stuttered frequently.

Thanks alot, might pay to go one up and get 4mps.. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks alot, might pay to go one up and get 4mps.. Cheers
4mbps is good, i stream live sport events when my condo wifi is patchy. It probably varies per location
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2018 at 10:01 PM, KneeDeep said:

So, for now, it seems as though the six and twelve month packages on AIS may have net pricing. Two confirmations of the 6 month 6 Mbps package on this forum so far. 

In fact, I have read as much on Pantip, but erred on the side of caution.

 

I accept your apology, even though you didnt actually go as far as making one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KittenKong said:

 

I accept your apology, even though you didnt actually go as far as making one.

 

What on earth are you going on about? You wrote; 

 

Quote

No, one of the suppliers definitely shows the VAT-inclusive price for at least one of its offers. It's printed on the SIM package. Cant remember which one though. It certainly is not True

 

 

and I replied that we weren't discussing SIM packages, as prices printed on SIM packages are always VAT inclusive.

It was the add ons that were in question, which are usually quoted VAT exclusive.

So if the new six and twelve month add-on packages are being applied VAT inclusive, that is an positive anomaly.

A couple of people over time have mentioned that they didn't think were charged 1926, but 1800 for the 6 Mbps add-on, so that adds to the evidence that those particular add ons are different.

Once again, you referred to SIM packaging.

So no apology due to you and that's partially why you didn't get one. How many apologies have you issued on this forum? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I signed up for the 6mbps for 6 months and it cost me 1926 baht , I signed up my missus on.the 1mbps for 6 months and it cost 600 baht.Go figure , mine had GST added and hers didn't.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gaviny said:

Today I signed up for the 6mbps for 6 months and it cost me 1926 baht , I signed up my missus on.the 1mbps for 6 months and it cost 600 baht.Go figure , mine had GST added and hers didn't.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

Thank you for illustrating the confusion. I thought it might be SIM Marathon renewals that were not charged VAT. But it seems that there is another factor...

Did you join using exactly the same portal? Someone stated they joined via the AIS App and was charged 1800 baht.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid the 2500 baht 4mbps via the web link further up. It's possible AIS just haven't set it up properly to charge VAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I paid the 2500 baht 4mbps via the web link further up. It's possible AIS just haven't set it up properly to charge VAT

 

That doesn't explain why he was charged VAT and you not, if you used the same link.

How long ago did you sign up? 

Old link; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package

New link; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais

 

Doesn't make much sense....yet

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
That doesn't explain why he was charged VAT and you not, if you used the same link.
How long ago did you sign up? 
Old link; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package
New link; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais
 
Doesn't make much sense....yet
 
 
 
 
 
I signed up 2 weeks ago. There doesn't seem to be any logic which makes me wonder if its a mistake which is plausible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually got a staff at Telewiz
to do it for us and I just confirmed with my partner on why I only handed over 2426.baht for our plan and she just explained that she had credits that covered her gst.So obviously we did in.fact both paid gst.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gaviny said:

I actually got a staff at Telewiz
to do it for us and I just confirmed with my partner on why I only handed over 2426.baht for our plan and she just explained that she had credits that covered her gst.So obviously we did in.fact both paid gst.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

 

Thank you for clarifying. We don't know how they applied it at Telewiz, adding another possibility. ?

Did they use the same link as above, the USSD code or some other method....? It's not a question to you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought True unlimited net sim 4 Mbps for one year and paid only 1200 baht on www.Shopee.co.th. Look for flash sale, at least one time every week you can get this price!

I did also buy 200 GB for six months for 200 baht at 1 mbps speed and this sim includes free calls to all True numbers for six months. You can pay cash when you receive the simcard after a couple of days. You have to take the simcard to True Shop to get it registred, but i was lucky once and got it registred at 7 ELEVEn. I think that maybe 1 out of 5 have staff that has the knowledge to do this for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just install the myAIS app on your phone.  It shows you what you have and what you can add/upgrade and all the costs.  Makes everything easier compared to dialing codes to try do anything.

 

That 1800 for 6months 6mbps is a pretty good deal as long as you can get a strong enough signal in your apartment to make use of it.  Especially for the upload.  I can get well over 10mb/s download but usually not much higher than around 2mb/s upload consistently.  No matter where my phone is in the room.  As soon as I go outside no problem. 

 

Best to get the 6mb/s for 24 hours (for about 69 baht) first to make sure you can make use of all the speed.  Otherwise try the 4mb/s.  Also make sure you get the Mao Mao package.  There are non-Mao Mao packages that will try automatically renew you by taking any existing credit from your balance.

Edited by lapd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2018 at 10:55 AM, Trollmann said:

I bought True unlimited net sim 4 Mbps for one year and paid only 1200 baht on www.Shopee.co.th. Look for flash sale, at least one time every week you can get this price!

I did also buy 200 GB for six months for 200 baht at 1 mbps speed and this sim includes free calls to all True numbers for six months. You can pay cash when you receive the simcard after a couple of days. You have to take the simcard to True Shop to get it registred, but i was lucky once and got it registred at 7 ELEVEn. I think that maybe 1 out of 5 have staff that has the knowledge to do this for you.

I went with the True card in the end,, good deal 4mbps for 12 months 1300 baht and no need to top up at all.. Worst thing about the whole experience was dealing True staff when needed to register who insisted on not only scanning my passport but also taking a picture of me aswell.. To which I replied wasn't necessary with AIS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just install the myAIS app on your phone.  It shows you what you have and what you can add/upgrade and all the costs.  Makes everything easier compared to dialing codes to try do anything.
 
That 1800 for 6months 6mbps is a pretty good deal as long as you can get a strong enough signal in your apartment to make use of it.  Especially for the upload.  I can get well over 10mb/s download but usually not much higher than around 2mb/s upload consistently.  No matter where my phone is in the room.  As soon as I go outside no problem. 
 
Best to get the 6mb/s for 24 hours (for about 69 baht) first to make sure you can make use of all the speed.  Otherwise try the 4mb/s.  Also make sure you get the Mao Mao package.  There are non-Mao Mao packages that will try automatically renew you by taking any existing credit from your balance.
I uninstalled their app and just use their website instead, I'm pretty sure it was the app that opted me into spam advertising at 10 baht a day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...