Jump to content
BANGKOK
aldriglikvid

AIS - 6 month a 6 Mbps = 1800 baht

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

Worst thing about the whole experience was dealing True staff when needed to register who insisted on not only scanning my passport but also taking a picture of me aswell.. To which I replied wasn't necessary with AIS.

3

I don't think that has anything to do with them.  It's the gov't that is trying to impose those requirements on them.  How different shops/companies apply/interpret the rules is not consistent is all.

Edited by lapd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, lapd said:
Just install the myAIS app on your phone.  It shows you what you have and what you can add/upgrade and all the costs.  Makes everything easier compared to dialing codes to try do anything.
 
That 1800 for 6months 6mbps is a pretty good deal as long as you can get a strong enough signal in your apartment to make use of it.  Especially for the upload.  I can get well over 10mb/s download but usually not much higher than around 2mb/s upload consistently.  No matter where my phone is in the room.  As soon as I go outside no problem. 
 
Best to get the 6mb/s for 24 hours (for about 69 baht) first to make sure you can make use of all the speed.  Otherwise try the 4mb/s.  Also make sure you get the Mao Mao package.  There are non-Mao Mao packages that will try automatically renew you by taking any existing credit from your balance.

I uninstalled their app and just use their website instead, I'm pretty sure it was the app that opted me into spam advertising at 10 baht a day

Up to you.  I have not seen anything like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lapd said:

Just install the myAIS app on your phone.  It shows you what you have and what you can add/upgrade and all the costs.  Makes everything easier compared to dialing codes to try do anything.

 

That 1800 for 6months 6mbps is a pretty good deal as long as you can get a strong enough signal in your apartment to make use of it.  Especially for the upload.  I can get well over 10mb/s download but usually not much higher than around 2mb/s upload consistently.  No matter where my phone is in the room.  As soon as I go outside no problem. 

 

Best to get the 6mb/s for 24 hours (for about 69 baht) first to make sure you can make use of all the speed.  Otherwise try the 4mb/s.  Also make sure you get the Mao Mao package.  There are non-Mao Mao packages that will try automatically renew you by taking any existing credit from your balance.

 

6 Mbps for 24 hours costs 36.38 baht if you apply by the end of this month.

*777*7209#

 

Didn't your App tell you that?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

I went with the True card in the end,, good deal 4mbps for 12 months 1300 baht and no need to top up at all.. Worst thing about the whole experience was dealing True staff when needed to register who insisted on not only scanning my passport but also taking a picture of me aswell.. To which I replied wasn't necessary with AIS.

 

Have you run a speed test? What download/upload speed are you attaining with that SIM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

 

6 Mbps for 24 hours costs 36.38 baht if you apply by the end of this month.

*777*7209#

 

Didn't your App tell you that?

 

 

 

 

It's actually 29b + 34b = 63b.  Maybe you are on some other plan and looks like maybe some VAT added in there.  I may or may not be getting the VAT added later but I don't really keep track of a few baht difference like that.  

 

The app shows prices for almost everything. But why make things simple when you can spend hours googling for various codes, amirite?

 

For the 24hr plan it only shows the 4Mbps and then you get an SMS afterwards asking if you want to upgrade to 6Mbps for another 34baht.

 

It may depend on what plan you are on but for Traveller SIM the internet on top prices are:

 

#ONE TIME (Mao Mao)

29b 4Mbps 24hrs (after you sign up it sends you an SMS saying you can upgrade to 6Mbps for an additional 34 baht with the code)

150b  4Mbps for 7 days

300b 1Mbps for 30 days

450b 4Mbps for 30 days

99b 1Mbps for 7 days

125b 5GB data unlimited speed for up to 5 days

150b 4GB data unlimited speed for 10days

 175b 5GB unlimited speed for 10 days
99b 2GB unlimited speed for 5 days

 

#MONTHLY (30 days)

199b 1GB full speed auto renew

399b 3GB auto

600b 1Mbps 6month one time (Mao Mao)

699b 6GB auto

799b  4GB (first 3months 12GB, whatever that means) auto

1200b 1Mbps 12 months one time (Mao Mao)

1400b 4Mbps 6 months one time(Mao Mao)

1800b 6Mbps 6 months one time

2500b 4Mbps 12 months

3500b  6Mbps 12 months

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by lapd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lapd said:

Is that all that code told you?  I guess you have not learned the super secret decoder ring ninja codes yet.  

 

The app shows all prices for everything.  What price do you need?  At least until you managed to find the code for it after an hour of googling.  Because why make things simple, right?

 

So 'your' App showed you that it was 69 baht, as opposed to the current price of 36.38 baht?  ? Why do you insist on making yourself look silly?

 

On another note, if 'your' App tells you all prices for everything, pray tell me the prices for the 10 Mbps packages.

 

I cannot install the App on my phone, so perhaps you can help me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Have you run a speed test? What download/upload speed are you attaining with that SIM?
I'm getting around 4mbps d/l and variable u/l which seems to be higher.
Screenshot_20180912-171213.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

I'm getting around 4mbps d/l and variable u/l which seems to be higher.
Screenshot_20180912-171213.jpeg

 

Odd upload speed. ? Thinking about giving one of those SIM a go. Not sure it will be cost effective for me overall.

Where did you purchase yours?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, lapd said:

It's actually 29b + 34b = 63b.  Maybe you are on some other plan and looks like maybe some VAT added in there.  I may or may not be getting the VAT added later but I don't really keep track of a few baht difference like that.  

 

The app shows prices for almost everything. But why make things simple when you can spend hours googling for various codes, amirite?

 

For the 24hr plan it only shows the 4Mbps and then you get an SMS afterwards asking if you want to upgrade to 6Mbps for another 34baht.

 

It may depend on what plan you are on but for Traveller SIM the internet on top prices are:

 

#ONE TIME (Mao Mao)

29b 4Mbps 24hrs (after you sign up it sends you an SMS saying you can upgrade to 6Mbps for an additional 34 baht with the code)

150b  4Mbps for 7 days

300b 1Mbps for 30 days

450b 4Mbps for 30 days

99b 1Mbps for 7 days

125b 5GB data unlimited speed for up to 5 days

150b 4GB data unlimited speed for 10days

 175b 5GB unlimited speed for 10 days
99b 2GB unlimited speed for 5 days

 

#MONTHLY (30 days)

199b 1GB full speed auto renew

399b 3GB auto

600b 1Mbps 6month one time (Mao Mao)

699b 6GB auto

799b  4GB (first 3months 12GB, whatever that means) auto

1200b 1Mbps 12 months one time (Mao Mao)

1400b 4Mbps 6 months one time(Mao Mao)

1800b 6Mbps 6 months one time

2500b 4Mbps 12 months

3500b  6Mbps 12 months

 

I'm not going to tease you any more. ?

 

The App is not comprehensive, as illustrated by there being no sign of their 10 Mbps offers. There are also many other useful offers not listed there.

So you'll need to defer to the experts for that....or at least look at posts they made earlier. ? 

In addition, it's also confusing you with it's language. The 29 baht/(31.03 baht incl) 4 Mbps and the 34 baht(36.38 baht incl) 6 Mbps package are not connected in the way that you imagine.

In other words, the SMS that you are sent, are for use on another day. 

You don't need to subscribe to the 4 Mbps package in order to utilise the 6 Mbps package. You can just subscribe to the 6 Mbps in the first instance. So it's 36.38 baht for that 24 hour period, not 63 baht.

 

Simple is simple. It doesn't mean it's the best way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, lapd said:

It's actually 29b + 34b = 63b.  Maybe you are on some other plan and looks like maybe some VAT added in there.  I may or may not be getting the VAT added later but I don't really keep track of a few baht difference like that.  

 

The app shows prices for almost everything. But why make things simple when you can spend hours googling for various codes, amirite?

 

For the 24hr plan it only shows the 4Mbps and then you get an SMS afterwards asking if you want to upgrade to 6Mbps for another 34baht.

 

It may depend on what plan you are on but for Traveller SIM the internet on top prices are:

 

#ONE TIME (Mao Mao)

29b 4Mbps 24hrs (after you sign up it sends you an SMS saying you can upgrade to 6Mbps for an additional 34 baht with the code)

150b  4Mbps for 7 days

300b 1Mbps for 30 days

450b 4Mbps for 30 days

99b 1Mbps for 7 days

125b 5GB data unlimited speed for up to 5 days

150b 4GB data unlimited speed for 10days

 175b 5GB unlimited speed for 10 days
99b 2GB unlimited speed for 5 days

 

#MONTHLY (30 days)

199b 1GB full speed auto renew

399b 3GB auto

600b 1Mbps 6month one time (Mao Mao)

699b 6GB auto

799b  4GB (first 3months 12GB, whatever that means) auto

1200b 1Mbps 12 months one time (Mao Mao)

1400b 4Mbps 6 months one time(Mao Mao)

1800b 6Mbps 6 months one time

2500b 4Mbps 12 months

3500b  6Mbps 12 months

 

If you like it simple, these links also allow you to just click through to what you want; 

Old link; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package

New link; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais

(Copied it from another post earlier in the thread).

Just as easy as an App.

 

Edited by KneeDeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2008bangkok said:

I'm getting around 4mbps d/l and variable u/l which seems to be higher.
Screenshot_20180912-171213.jpeg

It can vary quite a bit.  Mostly depends on your signal strength.  So generally slower indoors.  Especially upload which I believe is on a higher frequency.  Also depends on how busy the cell site is.  I notice that it seems to be faster in some areas.  I seem to consistently get the fastest speeds around Central mall.  Anywhere from 20-40Mbps up and down.  Also, speedtest results can vary quite a bit depending on which server you are testing against.  So you have to test with several different servers to get an accurate picture

 

I use an app called Network Cell Info Lite to get signal strength.  Download is usually faster than upload but I sometimes get faster upload.  So I wouldn't try read too much into that.

Edited by lapd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

 

If you like it simple, these links also allow you to just click through to what you want; 

Old link; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package

New link; https://m.ais.co.th/ontop-package-myais

(Copied it from another post earlier in the thread).

Just as easy as an App.

 

 

The app gives you those exact same pages.  But the app does a lot more than that.  It automatically reads your number and knows who you are.  You don't have to sign up for it or anything.  I think it just needed to send a confirmation code by SMS.  After that it shows balances, remaining data, and lets you add packages with one or two clicks.

 

But whatever floats your boat code commander.  If you want to make things more complicated than they need to be and keep punching in different codes to do everything then that's up to you.

Edited by lapd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lapd said:

The app gives you those exact same pages.  But the app does a lot more than that.  It automatically reads your number and knows who you are.  You don't have to sign up for it or anything.  I think it just needed to send a confirmation code by SMS.  After that it shows balances, remaining data, and lets you add packages with one or two clicks.

 

But whatever floats your boat code commander.  If you want to make things more complicated than they need to be and keep punching in different codes to do everything then that's up to you.

 

I know of what the web interface and application is capable. I just provided those links for you.

Surely you cannot be so ridiculous to imagine that you were the first here to ever use the Application or Web Interface.

The point that I am making, the one that you cannot seem to wrap your brain around, is that your simple solution does not encompass all of the best and most useful packages.

Illustrated by the fact that I've asked you umpteen times to show me the link for the AIS 10 Mbps package on the App. But, so far, you have failed to do so.

Because it isn't there.

So what is your solution for that, Mr Two Clicks?

Use it or lose it. If you don't utilise what intelligence you have, you'll just become a dumb person. Capable only of eating whatever they are given and incapable of hunting and choosing for themselves.

 

I can utilise both the click through links and and independent codes. Whichever is best for me. If you are only capable of clicking through available links, then stick to what you know. But not everyone is a simpleton.

 

Think of it another way. Sometimes it is more convenient to enter a code if you don't want to use any credit whilst subscribing. You can turn data off when using USSD.

You need data to utilise the App. I know this is beyond your thinking.

So people generally prefer to have both options open to them.

Edited by KneeDeep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...