BANGKOK
aldriglikvid

AIS - 6 month a 6 Mbps = 1800 baht

13 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
22 minutes ago, wgdanson said:
Last month

7 GB monthly limit?

7.5 Gb I think. Plenty for me as I have 200 Mb/s 3BB in my home.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I got the 1Mb/s package for Bht 600 for 6 months. Works perfectly, videos, chatting, BBC via Express VPN. No problems at all.

But it's not unlimited !

Edited by myjawe

On 7/20/2018 at 1:44 PM, daocat555 said:

aldriglikvid; when I click on your link I get a different offer than the one you posted.  I get an offer of 599 baht for 30 days, a whooping 7,188 baht/year; not the best deal in town for the less than wealthy.  I bought the AIS Net Marathon SIM for 2,500 baht online (includes VAT).  It has 4 MBPS speed and is valid for 12 months with 1 baht/hour calling rate on AIS network for the first year.  I also like ordering it online as I can select a phone number that is easy for me to remember.  Here is the link for that; after the SIM card arrives you must take it to an AIS or Telewitz shop with your passport and register the number and then top up the SIM card to be able to make calls.

https://store.ais.co.th/th/sim-card/sim-net-marathon-2500-baht-4-mbps-12-months.html

I looked for a while on the AIS online site for the net top up offers and found them confusing.  I am glad I got the Net Marathon, but I don't know what happens for net service after one year, so I'll find out latter I guess.  Before that SIM I had the Dtac go phlearn net SIM card which was slow and very disappointing, so now I recommend AIS.

it is only for a new sim card and the new link is

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/simcard/en/marathon.html

there is no unlimited plan with old sim card ?

4 hours ago, myjawe said:

But it's not unlimited !

No, 7.5 Gb per month.

• Like 1

Visiting Thailand again after about 1 year away… are the AIS plans listed below still available? A year ago I could get 6mbps for 550 baht/month without a calling plan. But if I did want to call or text could do so based on the balance of extra baht I had left. Can still get such a set-up? TIA

imageproxy.png

Visiting Thailand again after about 1 year away… are the AIS plans listed below still available? A year ago I could get 6mbps for 550 baht/month without a calling plan. But if I did want to call or text could do so based on the balance of extra baht I had left. Can still get such a set-up? TIA
imageproxy.png.fb04752ecb38ed26b4939dadd56bed0b.png
These are the best deals I've seen for old sims1570918789733.jpg

It's obvious that AIS does not want to make some of these deals easy to get and yet some people here are acting like this stuff is obvious and easy when it's practically changing weekly. I pretty much gave up and just buy whatever the MyAIS app gives me as options.

There is no unlimited data anymore for existing customers as far as I know.  At least none AIS wants to make easy to get.  And I don't think people are willing to get new SIMs and numbers in order to get some of these deals so it's basically a non-starter for most people.

Yea, maybe they still call it unlimited on some lower speed plans. If you do some basic math you will quickly realize why they can call lower speed plans unlimited.  Because even if you are using it 24/7 at top speed, the lower speed limits you to the same or less data than just getting a capped data at full speed plan.

Edited by shdmn

There is no unlimited data anymore for existing customers as far as I know.

Try reading the post before yours

As of only late August I had signed up for 1mbps unlimited data and it is truly unlimited , before that I had the 6mbps unlimited also.

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Try reading the post before yours

From what I have seen, you are wasting your time.

On 10/16/2019 at 11:52 PM, gaviny said:

As of only late August I had signed up for 1mbps unlimited data and it is truly unlimited , before that I had the 6mbps unlimited also.

Truly unlimited only because there is only so much data you can use at 1Mbps vs 6Mbps.