Attaining motorbike license, have car license

My Thai wife has a valid license to drive her car, but she didn't continue to renew her motorbike license letting her motorbike license expire almost 10 years ago.  Being that she still has a valid car driving license, will she still need to take the written/theory test to obtain a new motorbike license or will she just be required to take the driving test?

Thanks

I've never taken the written test, didn't have to, but I don't think that there is a different written test for motorbikes and cars; it's the same test.  So if you have a valid Thai drivers license for a car, logic would suggest that there would be no need to take the written test again, only the driving test, however this is Thailand so that is why I'm asking the question (lol).

She will have to do the physical tests (color,depth perception and reaction) the computerised theory test and the practical driving test...so the whole kaboodle......
are you sure your wife didnt get a "for life" licence ? back then they may have still been paper..but if she kept it and its for life then she could go exchange it for a plastic "for life"
one with no tests at the local Department of Land Transportation.

11 hours ago, johng said:

She will have to do the physical tests (color,depth perception and reaction) the computerised theory test and the practical driving test...so the whole kaboodle......
are you sure your wife didnt get a "for life" licence ? back then they may have still been paper..but if she kept it and its for life then she could go exchange it for a plastic "for life"
one with no tests at the local Department of Land Transportation.

No, those were issue before her time.  I guess she'll have to go through the whole process again; I told her that she shouldn't have let her bike license expire,  should have renewed it each time she renewed her car drivers license, oh well.

Thanks for your replies

Archived