Samsung S8 64GB.How much?

Gjk7777

I think the MSRP is 23,900. This is for the official product. 

I think the S8/64 is currently available from Samsung Thailand on sale for 16,490.

The S8 Plus/64 is on sale for 17,990, again, official product from Samsung Thailand.

The 13,700 price, at shops like NASA and AOB in MBK, may not come with a warranty and is probably a grey-market unit. Often these are fine, normally the shop gives you 7 days to return defective units (for exchange only, no refunds), but these can be refurbed units, or units which "fell off the boat".

In my opinion the Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB is an irrelevant phone these days.  Staying with the price on that model I found the Samsung Galaxy S8 for 23,900 baht at the Samsung Official Store Thailand.  I found the Samsung Galaxy S8 for 15,500 at Lazada.  I have quoted Lazada prices before in forums and had mtis2005 respond that it is probably grey-market and could be a rework/refurb; while I don't disagree, I simply don't know if they are or aren't.  

Gjk7777; I would suggest you consider some alternatives to the Galaxy S8.  Save some money and get a slightly bigger battery with the Samsung Galaxy Note FE currently 12,250 baht at Lazada.  Or consider the newer Samsung Galaxy A9 Star Lite if you are willing to buy from Aliexpress it's 10,181 baht and runs the more efficient Android Oreo 8.0.  It has a bigger screen and better cameras than the S8, a bigger battery, and is less than one half the price of the Galaxy S8 from the Samsung Official Store.

Actually I think the Samsung Galaxy S9 from Lazada at 21,200 is the best Samsung value right now.  It's sold by a store on Lazada with a 81% positive seller rating which claims a 7 day easy return and a 1 Year Local Manufacturer Warranty.  I like the MBK shops as well if you do not want to purchase online, I just think that paying more for the Samsung Galaxy S9 makes sense.  You would be getting a better chipset, the better Android Oreo OS,  stereo speakers with louder volume than the S8 and better audio quality.  The cameras are far better on the Galaxy S9.

Here is the link for the Samsung Galaxy S9 at Lazada.

Here are the Samsung phones compared on devicespecifications.

By the way mtis2005, I know you just recently bought a Xiaomi Mi A1, but I think the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite which is set to be announced and released on July 24'th is looking like a really nice phone for people who want pure Android OS.  It's listed for sale already at Aliexpress for 5,921 baht in the Global version.  It has a 5.84 in screen, a Snapdragon 625 Chipset, a 4000 mAh battery, decent cameras, and a sleek body form with a Samsung-esque screen-to-body ratio.

The S9 is nice phone, the s9+ nicer still. The OP seemed to be asking about the S8?

I'd be cautious with some of those Lazada sellers, most are probably fine, and many mention a 1 year warranty. Of course, if the phone fell off the boat bound for Bulgaria you might have to jet off to Sofia for warranty repair/service.

Better to check reputable retailers like Jaymart, Powerbuy, etc. where there is no question about quality and local support.

For example, Powerbuy has some current sales on the S9 (Exynos, 4/64) at 22,820 from the MSRP of 27,900, and the S9+ (Exynos, 6/64) at 27,790 from the MSRP of 31,900.

Service providers have a ton of deals on the S9/S9+ but these involve balloon payments and post-paid contracts.

42 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Better to check reputable retailers like Jaymart, Powerbuy, etc. where there is no question about quality and local support.

You may also to get the Tourist VAT (7%) refund from retailers like Jaymart and Powerbuy, assuming you qualify of course. Both offer the required paperwork, IME.

Can somebody please tell me what "OP" means?  "Other Person?", "Object of the Post".  Seriously, I have seen OP many times in posts and just wonder what OP means.  Yes the OP is asking about the Samsung Galaxy S8 and my point is that the Samsung Galaxy S8 is no longer a good value when compared to other Samsung offerings.  

Powerbuy often seems to be a lot more expensive than Lazada, but it seems that on the S9 Powerbuy is acceptably close to Lazada so that might be a better option.

For me, if somebody were to offer me either the S9 or the S9+ as a gift I would choose the S9.  I consider a 5.8 in screen and 3000 mAh battery to be good enough and don't want the extra weight and girth of the S9+.

• 7 months later...

Archived