Citibank Thailand exec optimistic of economic performance in second half of the year

webfact

Citibank Thailand exec optimistic of economic performance in second half of the year

PNOHT610719001011101.jpg

BANGKOK, 20th July 2018 (NNT) - The Senior Vice President at Citibank Thailand has expressed optimism about the economy’s prospects in the second half of the year, pointing out the energy, financial, and technology sectors as suitable for investment. 

Senior Vice President at Citibank Thailand, Don Charnsupharindr sees the global economy and investment activities in the second half of the year as likely to improve due to factors such as stimulus measures by the US through tax cuts, economic recovery in Europe, the restructuring in China, and flow of capital back into emerging markets, Europe, and Japan.

He expects the global economy to expand by 3.4%, the highest rate in eight years. However, risk factors include interest rate rises by the US Federal Reserve, the political situation in each region, as well as trade between the US, China, and partner countries which could result in more fluctuations in the market. 

He advised investors to diversify in various regions, particularly Asian stocks in material production, finance, and the technology sector.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-07-20

20 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

So what about raising the interest rates for fixed deposit accounts ? It is much too low at just a little more than 1 % .

I have had a 12 month fixed deposit account in Vietnam for over10 years. Initially it paid 14% p.a. but for the last 7 years it has been about 8%. Never had any problems with the bank when it came time to paying.

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

I have had a 12 month fixed deposit account in Vietnam for over10 years. Initially it paid 14% p.a. but for the last 7 years it has been about 8%. Never had any problems with the bank when it came time to paying.

Thanks for this !

Could you give me a link ?

3 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Thanks for this !

Could you give me a link ?

I don't have a link. I am telling you of my personal experience. The interest rates are displayed outside just about every bank in Vietnam. I first started with the ANZ Vietnam and have since changed to SEA Bank (South-East Asia). The main requirement is you need a registered address in Vietnam. I have two addresses, one in BKK where I have a Bangkok Bank account and one in Hanoi which is the SEA.

Anyone know if Citi Bank has an option to access accounts, for residents of the Kingdom that have accounts in other countries, overseas? Sometimes the Thai financial institutions are not as user friendly although necessary. 

Archived