"Mayor's son" driving a Porsche faces negligence charge in death of motorcyclist

webfact

"Mayor's son" driving a Porsche faces negligence charge in death of motorcyclist

1PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The son of a prominent mayor has been charged with negligence causing death after an accident in which a black Porsche collided with a motorcycle.

The accident happened on the Lopburi to Wang Muang Road between sois 14 and 15, Daily News reported earlier.

The driver of the Porsche was not named.

He said that as he was following the motorcycle at speed it made a sudden U-turn and he couldn't avoid it. Both Narongrit Thongkrapoh, 24, and Supatra Bun Yeun, 25 were thrown into the air.

Supatra hit the front windshield of the car and was killed instantly.

Narongrit was thrown into the back window and is seriously injured in hospital.

Daily News reported that on Thursday evening Pattana Nikhom police had charged the Porsche driver with negligent driving causing death.

The media said he was the son of a mayor but gave no further details.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-20

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, webfact said:

The son of a prominent mayor has been charged with negligence causing death after an accident in which a black Porsche collided with a motorcycle.

Ah well, in that case, 500 baht and a slap on the wrist.

"The driver of the Porsche was not named."says it all,

but those of the injured and killed where,

He said the motorbike did a sudden U-turn at speed,? !

an attempt at an excuse,no you were too close going

too fast. will we hear anymore about this or will it just

fade away.

regards worgeordie

Hope it will not get the same outcome as Jenthrob who killed two students and is still in court. That guy refused a breathalizer and they still did not assume he was drunk. Last sentence was 2 years that he appealed again. So still nothing has happened. Thailand.. land of the rich where they get away with anything. 

10 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"The driver of the Porsche was not named."says it all,

but those of the injured and killed where,

He said the motorbike did a sudden U-turn at speed,? !

an attempt at an excuse,no you were too close going

too fast. will we hear anymore about this or will it just

fade away.

regards worgeordie

Driver not named and age not given. Just wondering if the driver was old enough to have a license and if yes then did he produce his license on the spot?

And wondering if there will ever be any follow up on these points by the news outlet?

Silly questions, the answer is NO. So much for media reform. 

As my Thai son has said many times, Thailand needs a credible non government group / association or whatever who focus on follow up. And this event is a good example. 

4 hours ago, tracker1 said:

I think most know what the result of this will be ! have another Red Bull

As a Mayor's son he may qualify for the Thailand 4.0 upgrade. Red Bull may give you wings to fly to Singapore, but Black Bull enables him to walk the Andaman Sea to Myanmar.

black%20bull_zpsugos8rod.png

2 minutes ago, kannot said:

get used to it, its the culture, if you dont like it go home, Thailand was built on stuff  like this................apparently?

Prior to imprudently using the term, have a look at this:

culture
ˈkʌltʃə/
noun

1. 1.
    the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.

5 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Prior to imprudently using the term, have a look at this:

culture
ˈkʌltʃə/
noun

1. 1.
    the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.

I agree.

Ah..yes..the culture..ultimate blue garbage bin of miserable excuses.

Just now, mok199 said:

Tomorrows news '' Bangkok cabby return 4 million bt ,left in back seat by thai buisnessman''...photo opp and thumbs up allaround...

Strange...but true..

Plus the 87 million,four hundred and twenty  thousand,nine hundred and sixteen new visitors.

It's  pumpin'.

Justice for the rich one and so called influental people and family! They have to fear nothing and face also nothing. All the burden on the poor people of this country and they dont stand up and put them in the pillory!!!!!!!!

OHHH yes therefore we have the law af diffamation!!!!!!! Just misused to keep the people quite as they have to fear for their life!!!!!!!!!

Oh sorry i forget, Thailand is on the way into democracy......but before that will have thousends of things have to change!

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Hope it will not get the same outcome as Jenthrob who killed two students and is still in court. That guy refused a breathalizer and they still did not assume he was drunk. Last sentence was 2 years that he appealed again. So still nothing has happened. Thailand.. land of the rich where they get away with anything. 

"Thailand.. land of the rich where they get away with anything".

Except that in the case you mention he has not got away with anything yet. 

14 minutes ago, manhood said:

Justice for the rich one and so called influental people and family! They have to fear nothing and face also nothing. All the burden on the poor people of this country and they dont stand up and put them in the pillory!!!!!!!!

OHHH yes therefore we have the law af diffamation!!!!!!! Just misused to keep the people quite as they have to fear for their life!!!!!!!!!

Oh sorry i forget, Thailand is on the way into democracy......but before that will have thousends of things have to change!

How exactly has justice gone wrong in this case so far?

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Yeah... but my blood pressure's great.

So is mine.

Take a powder or as we say..a cup of tea,a Bex and a good lay down

Please toddle off into the darkness and discover your own event horizon..or just bang your head again..

15 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

So is mine.

Take a powder or as we say..a cup of tea,a Bex and a good lay down

Please toddle off into the darkness and discover your own event horizon..or just bang your head again..

It bothers you? My deep and profound inner peace? My immense, tranquil take on all these little, totally superfluous and ultimately irrelevant things that none of us can ever hope to change here? The stuff that you and others like to get all uppity about?

I guess the bonus is at least you're not alone.

Archived