"Mayor's son" driving a Porsche faces negligence charge in death of motorcyclist

webfact

10 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It bothers you? My deep and profound inner peace? My immense, tranquil take on all these little, totally superfluous and ultimately irrelevant things that none of us can ever hope to change here? The stuff that you and others like to get all uppity about?

I guess the bonus is at least you're not alone.

I guess that it is the very real fact that you continue to post here "Your Effulgency"-most of which are attacks on other posters (11,000) because,one assumes,that you have reached a higher plane of cosmic being..

Shall we get back on topic rather then your incessant,sneering, attacks on others?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though it is possible. Ive seen and met the way of THai motorists, they lack all traffic rules(are there any?)

On at least 2 occasions my heart almost stopped beating, due to motorist behaviour.

Not long ago i saw on this forum a movie about a Thai woman, driving high speed, with big back and CHILD in front of her and then letting go the steering wheel to see what is on her smartphone !!! Ofcourse not wearing a helmet.

THailand isnt doing anything about traffic safety, only when you are an alien and can stick 500 bath in police officers pocket

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"The driver of the Porsche was not named."says it all,

but those of the injured and killed where,

He said the motorbike did a sudden U-turn at speed,? !

an attempt at an excuse,no you were too close going

too fast. will we hear anymore about this or will it just

fade away.

regards worgeordie

Sure,   person at back always hold the responsibility in Oz. And that's how it should be. Slow down. Keep your space.  Don't drop acid or drink booze.

Sorry to the motorcyclist. 

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

6 posts in for him to get a mention- excellent!

Well this is probably the most appropriate OP in which to mention him wouldn't you think? Or should we just stop talking about it now that the case is all wrapped up? Oh that's right... 

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"The driver of the Porsche was not named."says it all,

but those of the injured and killed where,

He said the motorbike did a sudden U-turn at speed,? !

an attempt at an excuse,no you were too close going

too fast. will we hear anymore about this or will it just

fade away.

regards worgeordie

My thoughts exactly.

Defendant unnamed

Victim named

Im surprised its legal for thaivisa to say The son of a prominent mayor has been charged ....etc. but you don't  name the individual who was charged. and that thaivisa willingly publishes something that certainly increases the shame and heartbreak of a prominent citizen, public servant and government official and their family, and carelessly creates public discontentment.

9 minutes ago, Peasandmash said:

Im surprised its legal for thaivisa to say The son of a prominent mayor has been charged ....etc. but you don't  name the individual who was charged. and that thaivisa willingly publishes something that certainly increases the shame and heartbreak of a prominent citizen, public servant and government official and their family, and carelessly creates public discontentment.

Only if we know who it is. 

Just another rich kid that thinks he is superior to everyone else and that daddy is the default run-to guy for misdeeds. The book should be thrown at him...but it won't be, because money will change hands and the scumbag will be released until the news cycle moves on and no-one cares anymore. The douchebag will probably end up in control of an amphur that he is supremely unqualified to hold a position over and gets the OK for it due to family BS, not merit. Should be tossed in jail for 10 years...dream on though. 

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Thailand.. land of the rich where they get away with anything. 

because of corruption, not solely because they have money.

no lack of taxi drivers chatting me up aspire to be affluent so they can get away with anything.

society

7 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Prior to imprudently using the term, have a look at this:

culture
ˈkʌltʃə/
noun

1. 1.
    the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively.

Oh yes, a definition of a few words only. But if we were to expand on it, and regarding the 'collectivity' as a whole, the world,  being able to make comparisons, one would realise that the level of culture could be measured on a scale of 1 to 100.....

7 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

I guess that it is the very real fact that you continue to post here "Your Effulgency"-most of which are attacks on other posters (11,000) because,one assumes,that you have reached a higher plane of cosmic being..

Shall we get back on topic rather then your incessant,sneering, attacks on others?

For you and all the other perpetual worrywarts... OK.

PS. Glad you're keeping count. Shows promise.

5 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

Just another rich kid that thinks he is superior to everyone else and that daddy is the default run-to guy for misdeeds. The book should be thrown at him...but it won't be, because money will change hands and the scumbag will be released until the news cycle moves on and no-one cares anymore. The douchebag will probably end up in control of an amphur that he is supremely unqualified to hold a position over and gets the OK for it due to family BS, not merit. Should be tossed in jail for 10 years...dream on though. 

Just about as precise a synopsis as we are ever going to get.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, kannot said:

get used to it, its the culture, if you The only culture dont like it go home, Thailand was built on stuff  like this................apparently?

The only culture Thailand is "we love money"  But i think someone quoted on here 500 baht slap on wrist That about sums it up. Quick couple of phone calls and it should be taken care off. You don't drive cars like that in Thailand if you are poor Next case

3 hours ago, mduras01 said:

How much do mayors make? If that Porsche is a Panamera, which it looks to be, it's worth well over 10 million baht. And if money talks...well...

Yeah you are right Who want to be Pm when Mayors get well paid by the looks of that car Then again i guess the little sideline work he does pays well

"He said that as he was following the motorcycle at speed it made a sudden U-turn and he couldn't avoid it. Both Narongrit Thongkrapoh, 24, and Supatra Bun Yeun, 25 were thrown into the air."

I would say that the sentence could be taken two ways. Unfortunately the writer's use of words and lack of punctuation can be misleading. One could read it that the driver of the Porsche was following the motorcycle at speed not that the motorcycle at speed made a u-turn. I would probably guess and take it to read that the motorcycle and Porsche were probably both traveling too fast, the motorcycle slowed probably too abruptly and probably without a signal and the Porsche plowed into the motorcycle when it slowed.  No excuse on part of the driver of the Porsche as surely he was following too close and driving too fast.  But you got to wonder if the guy on the motorcycle did not contribute to the incident as well.  We all know the guy driving behind is a fault in the end, but I would say the most of us have probably had close calls from the person in front doing something stupid and us following too close.  An unfortunate accident for which the driver of the Porsche will undoubtedly held responsible. 

Archived