"Mayor's son" driving a Porsche faces negligence charge in death of motorcyclist

webfact

1 minute ago, Trouble said:

"He said that as he was following the motorcycle at speed it made a sudden U-turn and he couldn't avoid it. Both Narongrit Thongkrapoh, 24, and Supatra Bun Yeun, 25 were thrown into the air."

I would say that the sentence could be taken two ways. Unfortunately the writer's use of words and lack of punctuation can be misleading. One could read it that the driver of the Porsche was following the motorcycle at speed not that the motorcycle at speed made a u-turn. I would probably guess and take it to read that the motorcycle and Porsche were probably both traveling too fast, the motorcycle slowed probably too abruptly and probably without a signal and the Porsche plowed into the motorcycle when it slowed.  No excuse on part of the driver of the Porsche as surely he was following too close and driving too fast.  But you got to wonder if the guy on the motorcycle did not contribute to the incident as well.  We all know the guy driving behind is a fault in the end, but I would say the most of us have probably had close calls from the person in front doing something stupid and us following too close.  An unfortunate accident for which the driver of the Porsche will undoubtedly held responsible. 

yes he will be held responsible Law states ( Not sure if same Thailand) If you have an accident and you are the car behind then 9/10 it is your fault eg tail gaiting speeding  not paying attention to what is front of you etc But really eager to observe what punishment dad will do with his son since he is a figurehead in the community . Will he stop the son from driving his car for 1 or 2 weeks? Am I being too harsh on the kid?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A post in violation of the following has been removed:

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

If you can't post in a civil manner, please refrain from posting. 

9 hours ago, Trouble said:

"He said that as he was following the motorcycle at speed it made a sudden U-turn and he couldn't avoid it. Both Narongrit Thongkrapoh, 24, and Supatra Bun Yeun, 25 were thrown into the air."

I would say that the sentence could be taken two ways. Unfortunately the writer's use of words and lack of punctuation can be misleading. One could read it that the driver of the Porsche was following the motorcycle at speed not that the motorcycle at speed made a u-turn. I would probably guess and take it to read that the motorcycle and Porsche were probably both traveling too fast, the motorcycle slowed probably too abruptly and probably without a signal and the Porsche plowed into the motorcycle when it slowed.  No excuse on part of the driver of the Porsche as surely he was following too close and driving too fast.  But you got to wonder if the guy on the motorcycle did not contribute to the incident as well.  We all know the guy driving behind is a fault in the end, but I would say the most of us have probably had close calls from the person in front doing something stupid and us following too close.  An unfortunate accident for which the driver of the Porsche will undoubtedly held responsible. 

Are you, by any chance, a friend or relative of the mayor?  :sleep:

On 7/20/2018 at 12:54 PM, kannot said:

get used to it, its the culture, if you dont like it go home, Thailand was built on stuff  like this................apparently?

Haha how did anyone manage to use the "Go home if you don't like it!" card in the comment section of such a story. You must've had this one bottled up for some time. 

Archived