Question for Xiaomi fans

d2g

Xiaomi has announced the release of the Mimax 3 phone and Mipad 4 tablet in China.

Based on past product releases, how soon will they be available in Thailand?

Does Xiaomi have a support/sales office in Thailand?

Thanks in advance for any information!

They do no localize each and every product for the Thailand market, so it's challenging to determine which models they might choose to localize, and thus you may have to wait for some sort of local launch. I wouldn't expect the tablet, but maybe the MiMax 3 is probably a candidate.

You can always buy grey-market product, both here and from online retailers in other countries.

Xiaomi has beefed up their direct sales and support efforts in Thailand.

They have ~ seven Mi shops in various malls, primarily in the metro Bangkok area. And a shopfront on Lazada, and shelves with other phone retailers.

https://www.mi.com/th/service/wheretobuy/

https://www.mi.com/th/support/repair/

Well Lazada dont even have the Mi Max 2 on the official Xiaomi store, any other seller will be buying them grey market anyway so you may aswell go Aliexpress land and you will probably pay less.

I have had the Mi Max 1 and 2 and they are great phones with a great battery which goes up with every new model, unfortunately they seem to be very fragile when dropped as i have had 2 Mi Max 1's and 1 Mi Max 2 and All of them didnt last the accidental drop test :( So even though I really want the 3 Im wondering how tough that will be as thats an even bigger screen.

Hi all

Last year I bought a 2nd hand MiMax 1 from a friend, and was so impressed that I gave it to my son ( who still uses it ) and bought the Max 2, which I still like very much.

The Mi Max 3 will undoubtedly will be released soon, and I will most certainly check it out, and probably buy it... i love big phones and the Max 3 ticks all the boxes..

Phil 

Hi all

Last year I bought a 2nd hand MiMax 1 from a friend, and was so impressed that I gave it to my son ( who still uses it ) and bought the Max 2, which I still like very much.

The Mi Max 3 will undoubtedly will be released soon, and I will most certainly check it out, and probably buy it... i love big phones and the Max 3 ticks all the boxes..

Phil 
How about the soon coming Mi A2? Looks pretty interesting.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 7/28/2018 at 1:42 AM, guzzi850m2 said:

How about the soon coming Mi A2?

It looks good in early hands-on reviews.

Pre-orders available, with slight discounts, on sites like GearBest and Ali Express. ESD is 6 - 8 weeks, so if you need a phone soon maybe not the best option? Can't see it being officially available here much before then either.

12 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Well I don't really need a new phone urgently but are thinking about selling my Samsung J7+ and get something else.

Some usage reviews (Mi A2, not the LITE variant) ding the battery and the camera, and the display.

Well I looked a bit more at the Mi max3 and it's actually looking pretty good, like the monster battery.

I could use that when offshore working and then the J7+ when home.

Will wait for some reviews to surface first.

Is there a Mi shop in Pattaya?

On 7/29/2018 at 7:50 PM, guzzi850m2 said:

Well I don't really need a new phone urgently but are thinking about selling my Samsung J7+ and get something else.

What's wrong with samsung j7+ ? it's cheap and good except samsung pre-installed $hitwares.

Samsung A2 is available now:

On 7/23/2018 at 3:04 PM, 2008bangkok said:

Well Lazada dont even have the Mi Max 2 on the official Xiaomi store, any other seller will be buying them grey market anyway so you may aswell go Aliexpress land and you will probably pay less.

I have had the Mi Max 1 and 2 and they are great phones with a great battery which goes up with every new model, unfortunately they seem to be very fragile when dropped as i have had 2 Mi Max 1's and 1 Mi Max 2 and All of them didnt last the accidental drop test ? So even though I really want the 3 Im wondering how tough that will be as thats an even bigger screen.

After a first broken xiaomi screen I hesitate to buy more xiaomi products.

Samsung do not crack so easily.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived