Kalasin: Drug/abduction suspect "Opar" "disappears into thin air" - investigation underway

webfact

Kalasin: Drug/abduction suspect "Opar" "disappears into thin air" - investigation underway

6PM.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thailand continues to follow the drama of the 26 year old Kalasin woman known as "Opar".

Praphaphan Phu-utha, from Yang Talat district of the north eastern Thai province was abducted by a drugs gang from the street on July 10th.

Five men were caught dragging her by the hair into a vehicle. A ransom of 350,000 baht was demanded but she was soon released.

It was not reported whether any money was in fact paid.

However, that was not an end to her troubles.

On Wednesday she met with Kalasin governor Kraisorn Kongchalat and appealed to him and the government watchdog Damrongtham for justice.

Following the meeting she was served with an arrest warrant over Ya Ba issued in Mukdahan.

Kalasin police detained her and were supposed to be transporting her to Mukdahan but somehow she managed to escape from an interview room at the police station, Thai Rath reported according to their sources.

Kalasin police chief Maj Gen Montri Jaranpong said he had spoken to the police station chief and could confirm that "Opar" had indeed disappeared into thin air.

He said he had set up a committee to find out what has happened and whether she was "allowed to escape".

Cops in Mukdaharn confirmed they had not seen Opar and were indeed still waiting for her arrival to face charges there connected with Ya Ba or methamphetamine.

Thai Rath said the case was being followed by many Thais on social media especially since there was supposed to be a crackdown on drugs in Kalasin.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-20

"He said he had set up a committee to find out what has happened and whether she was "allowed to escape"." 555555  this is Thailand ,why not have another Police force investigate ,might, I say might

be better than a committee.

regards worgeordie

Isn't Kalasin the province where some years ago several suspects in drug cases died mysteriously after visiting the police station for interrogation ?

If memory serves me right several policemen were sentenced to death and immediately got bail.

21 minutes ago, hanuman2543 said:

Isn't Kalasin the province where some years ago several suspects in drug cases died mysteriously after visiting the police station for interrogation ?

If memory serves me right several policemen were sentenced to death and immediately got bail.

Yes at least 5. Four years ago the police chief was on the front page of a Thai newspaper giving 100,000 Baht to 3 of the suspended cops.

The lady in question not bad looking I am sure she convinced the governor in an appropriate way. Tell you what Looking at those guys dragging her by the hair they look like cops. Then again I must check up how do you escape from a police interview room at a police station. I would be shocked if the brown envelops were used or few favors handed out to the police. She just disappeared into thin air how about that lol lol lol

Archived