Man who doused young Thai woman in gasoline and set her alight is given bail

webfact

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

While the Guy from Pattaya that sold SIM cards with the PM's

name,is securely locked up.I think that says it all.

regards Worgeordie

Sorry you have forgotten'' teacher allowed to rape students for three years''

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And once again the Thai justice systems weaknesses are revealed. This is a horrific thing to do to anyone and bail absolutely should not be given, especially when he is talking about doing the same thing to someone else. The sooner this worthless dog is rearrested and thrown in jail, the better.

not good

but was it not last year or the year before that 4/5  police officers convicted of murder (and some death sentences also) were

let out on bail? worse!

Just now, Destiny1990 said:

Elsewhere a guy would receive 8-20 years of Jail without any bail options..

guess he is going to silence the witnesses now.

with any hope, that he's already burnt his last bridge

The system of JUSTICE in Thailand is IMORAL as the whole society is nowadays here in Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody take responsible for anything...but as we say: the fish stink from the head on!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, 300sd said:

Another outstanding decision from the top of the justice system.

Makes me sick

There is no justice system in Thailand or any where in the world. Only  punish normal people who don't count only as pawns in in a game of chess 

Police try to cancel bail after ‘threat’ to victim

By Monthien Inthaket 
The Nation

40f7cfec9db1c79ddfd4e8bf8cc94f39-sld.jpe

Bangkok's Wat Phraya Krai police will file a request for a criminal court to revoke the bail granted to a 23-year-old male who allegedly covered a woman, 22, with gasoline and set her alight earlier this month as he had allegedly threatened to attack the victim again along with her friend.

Deputy superintendent Pol Lt Col Sarit Sitsasri said on Friday that the victim's mother, 44, and her female friend, 22, had told the police about the unnamed suspect's threat. He also said a doctor confirmed the victim required another 20 days of treatment, providing sufficient grounds to file a request to withdraw bail.

The suspect will face an additional charge of threatening others besides the charge of assault, Sarit said.

He said he wanted to bring the suspect to the Southern Bangkok Criminal Court for a detention application.

The victim's friend, who was the suspect's ex-girlfriend, and the victim's Ubon Ratchathani-based civil servant mother visited the police along with former social development minister Paveena Hongsakul on Friday morning.

Demanding protection for the women, Paveena, president of the Paveena Hongsakul Foundation for Children and Women, said she would also contact the Justice Ministry's Rights and Liberties Protection Department to request witness protection.

Earlier, Paveena and Wat Phraya Krai superintendent Pol Col Khosit Boonthawee visited the victim, a clothing designer with burns on her neck and upper torso, at Charoenkrung Pracharak Hospital.

The attack allegedly took place at 10pm on July 8.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30350482

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-20

let me guess

Passport if owned seized ……NO

Leg bracelet affixed to monitor movements as protection to her friends ……………………..NO

ID Card seized and reporting conditions …………………………...NO

In fact Bail here is a slap on the wrist until if ever he goes to court.

Police protection of victim and her friends  ………….Zero 

Police dealing with this as a serious case …………...NO 

Justice being seen to be done ……………………………..NO

Thai people and the international community amazed at this ………………………..YES !!!!!!!

Will it change ……………...NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Incredibly the 23 year old Thai man who did it was given bail by the court in Bangkok.

For God's sake why??

The judge/magistrate needs to be removed from the bench and be charged himself.  'Abuse of power', 'Dereliction of duty'  among others.

3 hours ago, Maradona 10 said:

The court represents the nation. Stop being such an apologist. 

Yes, in many other countries you are correct but here they represent the hiso part of the nation not the masses. 

4 hours ago, mercman24 said:

do unto other as they would have do unto you, (only do it twice as hard) i hope this poor girl has got some nice brothers, scared for life,

just think if it was my daughter i would be happy they let him out .just so i can do what they will not .i think that goes for every father on hear eh?

Archived