webfact

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

1. Cherry picking.

Hate to publicly embarrass you ??

The Topic

UK to warn public every week over 'no-deal Brexit': The Times

My opening line

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

The MSM are clearly trying their best to assist ??

Both articles are both Brexit warnings

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/jul/23/womens-rights-under-threat-after-brexit-warns-ehcr-report

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/no-deal-on-brexit-risks-civil-unrest-says-amazon-s-uk-chief-doug-gurr-9czth6d7w

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

2. The news paper articles are about the consequences of Brexit, nothing to do with yes or no Brexit.

I understand now why you are confused. You can read or imagine things that are not said, implied or mentioned in either of the 2 articles or my comment.

There a few avenues open to you that can assist with both these issues.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Hate to publicly embarrass you ??

The Topic

My opening line

Both articles are both Brexit warnings

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/jul/23/womens-rights-under-threat-after-brexit-warns-ehcr-report

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/no-deal-on-brexit-risks-civil-unrest-says-amazon-s-uk-chief-doug-gurr-9czth6d7w

I understand now why you are confused. You can read or imagine things that are not said, implied or mentioned in either of the 2 articles or my comment.

There a few avenues open to you that can assist with both these issues.

Gotta laugh at Brexiteers referring to the Guardian and the Times as MSM.

The Guardian and the Times have relatively small readerships that are dwarfed by that of the Pro- Brexit rightwing newspapers, the Daily Mail, the Sun, the Express.

The mainstream media in the UK is rightwing and pro-Brexit.

2 hours ago, The Renegade said:

The MSM are clearly trying their best to assist ??

And here was me thinking that Human Rights were International standards, not EU Standards.

I hope that Mr Gurr is going to be interviewed under caution today, for using language that is likely to promote civil unrest.

Brexiteer confuses Human Rights Declarations, Conventions and Laws with 'Standards'.

If he spent a bit more time reading the stuff he cuts and pastes from the Brexit ranting sites he gets his constant 'Anit-EU feed' from he might not make such a dull mistake.

I find it a bit hilarious when hardcore brexitters complain EU being too demanding during the brexit negotiations.

That way they compliment one of the basic reasons we have EU. To give us more negotiation power over lesser countries. Hopefully you know understand why we like to be part of the EU.

And up pops remainer central, AKA The Guardian with another one

Safety controls on food imports at risk from no-deal Brexit, says report

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/23/safety-controls-on-food-imports-at-risk-from-no-deal-brexit-says-report

Which is a rather bizarre article when you consider the little '' Fact '' that resident remainer tebee produced yesterday.

I'll give you one - Commercial drivers are screwed, that is for both passenger vehicles and goods vehicles. 

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/transport/files/legislation/brexit-notice-to-stakeholders-road-transport.pdf

If tebee's FACT from yesterday is correct, then there will be no food lorries coming to the UK which makes a complete @rse of the article.

Alternatively, tebee's FACT, is in fact, not a FACT, but at some point in the future might become FACT.

8 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

As if David Davis was anything other than for over a year....

David Davis is not the topic, however.

Davis was a lame duck, not a dead duck.

Struck lame by May and Oily Robbins.

Try and understand the difference.

18 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

And up pops remainer central, AKA The Guardian with another one

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/23/safety-controls-on-food-imports-at-risk-from-no-deal-brexit-says-report

Which is a rather bizarre article when you consider the little '' Fact '' that resident remainer tebee produced yesterday.

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/sites/transport/files/legislation/brexit-notice-to-stakeholders-road-transport.pdf

If tebee's FACT from yesterday is correct, then there will be no food lorries coming to the UK which makes a complete @rse of the article.

Alternatively, tebee's FACT, is in fact, not a FACT, but at some point in the future might become FACT.

Anybody with a grain of sense would construe those articles to mean that it's likely there's a big problem coming up. 

And as for this

"Alternatively, tebee's FACT, is in fact, not a FACT, but at some point in the future might become FACT."

If a large heavy object is flying in your general direction do you remain standing or do you duck? According to your line of reasoning, why should you duck? It's not a fact that it hit you until it hits you.

On 7/20/2018 at 2:08 PM, webfact said:

Britons will from next week start receiving weekly information bulletins from the government about how to make sure they're ready for a disorderly Brexit, The Times reported on Friday.

The information will be distributed as "bundles" to consumers and companies as Britain counts down to its departure from the European Union on March 29, 2019, said the newspaper.

This makes no sense to me.

I can understand the govt. issuing one information pack to uk companies as to how they should prepare for a 'no deal' scenario, but a weekly information pack (provided to both companies and ordinary citizens) reeks of scare-mongering tactics.

11 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I can understand the govt. issuing one information pack to uk companies as to how they should prepare for a 'no deal' scenario, but a weekly information pack (provided to both companies and ordinary citizens) reeks of scare-mongering tactics.

...because the government already knows everything you need to know by next week, and citizens don’t deserve information anyways? 

Quite amazing that the U.K. government is just starting to send out info-packs and still some people seem to sit in their armchairs pretending nothing is happening, while other European governments since weeks already are making arrangements and publish info for U.K. citizens living in those countries. 

40 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

22 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

...because the government already knows everything you need to know by next week, and citizens don’t deserve information anyways? 

Quite amazing that the U.K. government is just starting to send out info-packs and still some people seem to sit in their armchairs pretending nothing is happening, while other European governments since weeks already are making arrangements and publish info for U.K. citizens living in those countries. 

I've no doubt at all that the uk govt. can easily come up with ONE package for uk companies to give them the advice necessary to prepare them for a 'no deal' scenario!

Apparently they prefer to drag it out by offering advice every week to not only businesses, but also ordinary citizens....  As I said before - scare tactics - hoping that the constant repetition will frighten everyone into submission. ☹️

14 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I've no doubt at all that the uk govt. can easily come up with ONE package for uk companies to give them the advice necessary to prepare them for a 'no deal' scenario!

Apparently they prefer to drag it out by offering advice every week to not only businesses, but also ordinary citizens....  As I said before - scare tactics - hoping that the constant repetition will frighten everyone into submission. ☹️

Or more logically, providing advice as the situation develops.

16 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I could understand your concern if there existed a credible mechanism to stop Brexit in its path, but I am not sure that anyone sees that as being realistic now. Even if we were to have another GE between now and March, there is no great remainer waiting in the wings to offer us the alternative.

I suspect that the intent is more based on an understanding that the public at large would probably ignore a single mail shot; by hammering home the message repeatedly, in small doses, they are more likely to get the message through. What is it they say, society is only ever 3 missed meals away from revolution? At least if our cupboards are full of tinned ham, they can sort out any potential chaos before anarchy really takes a grip.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Or more logically, providing advice as the situation develops.

That was my first thought too, but that's not what the OP is talking about - it's stating that the uk govt. will send weekly 'information packs' to uk businesses and citizens advising on the way to prepare for a no deal brexit!

This advice could be given in one information pack to businesses, and ordinary people certainly don't need a weekly 'information pack' telling them how to prepare for a no deal scenario!

It's pure scare-mongering.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Take it you mean like this one.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/communication-preparing-withdrawal-brexit-preparedness.pdf

22 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

That was my first thought too, but that's not what the OP is talking about - it's stating that the uk govt. will send weekly 'information packs' to uk businesses and citizens advising on the way to prepare for a no deal brexit!

This advice could be given in one information pack to businesses, and ordinary people certainly don't need a weekly 'information pack' telling them how to prepare for a no deal scenario!

It's pure scare-mongering.

I would think that it is more to do with the government not giving it any thought. I think they said the EU one took 9 months to prepare.

Tuesday's effort comes from the Independent

Criminals and terrorists could go free because of 'catastrophic' Brexit security deal, MPs warn

Yes indeed folks. Free movement of people never allowed criminals or terrorists to move freely across the EU before 23 June 2016

This is perhaps the most telling part

It called on the UK to submit itself to European Court of Justice jurisdiction 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-security-deal-criminals-terrorists-free-sis-ii-european-arrest-warrant-europol-a8460566.html

Might be time to give some MP's a one way ticket to Brussels, stamped with a '' Do not return to sender '' label.

On 7/23/2018 at 2:05 PM, SheungWan said:

Currently mostly watching Tour de France on TRUE cable channel.

On 7/23/2018 at 3:26 PM, vogie said:

Thanks for the reminder.

Apologies but it is actually showing on Sophon Channel 39 Eurosport. Always really nice seeing the aerial shots of France. What a beautiful country. 

On 7/20/2018 at 3:11 PM, Laughing Gravy said:

Great Project fear ever week. No surprise there from TM Remainer. Get her out. Get someone who believes in Brexit or keep with TM who will do her best to endure the UK stays in the EU or will do the EUs bidding and go for another referendum until they get the right result.

Project fear.? So you believe this won't happen?

You believe that they aren't stockpiling medical supplies etc.?

You dont believe there will be problems atwith Dover or that what's left of UK manufacturing and finance is already moving out?

You think that all this information is just lies?

What is your alternative explanation? Just name calling and gainsaying isn't enough for a reasonable argument.

On 7/21/2018 at 10:50 AM, bristolboy said:

I have no doubt he could influence that. And being on the back bench he could avoid the blame. But why would he want to avoid taking the credit for something he sees as vastly preferable to staying in the single market, or the customs union or...You and I agree. It's a poisoned chalice. And whoever is held to be responsible for it is not going to have much of a political career afterwards.

it's because he will be dead when the UK reaps the benefits that Brexit will bring ha bloody ha.He said in a recent interview that he thinks it will be 50 years before their will be any economic benefit.Brexit is about regaining control.His hedge fund has made sure it has a presence in Ireland so come what may he and Farage,Gove,Fox and the other Brexit leaders will be fine,Boris was born in the USA so he can run for president.

53 minutes ago, adammike said:

it's because he will be dead when the UK reaps the benefits that Brexit will bring ha bloody ha.He said in a recent interview that he thinks it will be 50 years before their will be any economic benefit.Brexit is about regaining control.His hedge fund has made sure it has a presence in Ireland so come what may he and Farage,Gove,Fox and the other Brexit leaders will be fine,Boris was born in the USA so he can run for president.

I think we are all to assume you are referring to Jacob Rees Mogg when you say "it will be 50 years before their will be any economic benefit" ps I have spelt 'their' and not 'there' as to not misquote you. Did you see the interview with JRM or did you just read what another member wrote. A link to what he actually did say would be of help to us all and very interesting I'm sure.

Archived