Pork ball seller murdered in Nonthaburi over 500 baht debt

Jonathan Fairfield

"You won't sell luuk chin again!" Pork ball seller murdered in Nonthaburi over 500 baht debt

tr.jpg

Image: Thairath

A "luuk chin" seller from Phijit who was working at a stall in Nonthaburi was stabbed to death after a couple demanded the return of 500 baht.

Bang Kruai police found 27 year old Natthawut Kaewrotwai dead in a pool of blood alongside the Bang Kruai to Sai Noi Road 10. 

He had four stab wounds to the front of his torso and four in his back. 

His girlfriend Somjaineuk Phanmai, also 27, told police that around 11pm a friend called Angie had gone to their stall outside Tesco Lotus Express to demand the return of 500 baht.

Somjaineuk told Angie that she didn't have it with her but would repay it the next day. She could trust her, she said, it was such a small sum, she would definitely repay it tomorrow. 

Angie would not be fobbed off so easily.

"She said I might not be able to sell luuk chin in the future before going off in a temper," said Somjaineuk. 

On their way home Angie and her husband Praphan arrived on a motorbike and an argument developed. 

The two men started fighting and when Praphan was losing he produced a knife and murdered her husband. 

Police know the identity of the couple and an arrest is imminent. 

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-20

the pure stupidity of it all still amazes me with these things. for a start they certainly don't sound as if they can pay any money to get out of it. so over 500 baht which she was told she was going to get back the next day, she and her husband end up apart and in the slammer for many years and a young guy loses his life, bloody crazy

oh and she was right, she won't be able to sell luuk chin anymore

11 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

500 Baht; about the going rate for a Human life in Thailand.  Be careful Folks; it's a jungle full of wild animals out there.

Should you be living there then, Mate?

15 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

500 Baht; about the going rate for a Human life in Thailand.  Be careful Folks; it's a jungle full of wild animals out there.

Have a stab at London if you think things are better in the "civilised" West.

1 hour ago, MaksimMislavsky said:

Why? Somjaineuk is free to go on with the trade once the offenders are jailed.

"She said I might not be able to sell luuk chin in the future before going off in a temper," said Somjaineuk.

I assume she is talking about Angie, not herself

On 7/20/2018 at 4:37 PM, Happy enough said:

the pure stupidity of it all still amazes me with these things. for a start they certainly don't sound as if they can pay any money to get out of it. so over 500 baht which she was told she was going to get back the next day, she and her husband end up apart and in the slammer for many years and a young guy loses his life, bloody crazy

oh and she was right, she won't be able to sell luuk chin anymore

nah, the master race

Archived