NACC waiting for info on Prawit’s watches from manufacturers

snoop1130

NACC waiting for info on Prawit’s watches from manufacturers

prawit.png

The National Anti-Corruption Commission denies foot-dragging in its investigation into the luxury watches scandal involving Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, saying that information it has obtained so far is still incomplete.

Withaya Akhompithak, an NACC member, said his office has gathered enough information domestically but more information is still needed from the manufacturers of the watches in other countries.

In seeking cooperation from these manufacturers, the NACC is required to rely on bilateral relations between Thailand and the countries where the manufacturers are based and relevent international laws. Therefore, it may take some time to get all information needed, but he could not give a definite timeframe for the completion of the investigation.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nacc-waiting-info-prawits-watches-manufacturers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-7-20

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt we will hear something down the track when he has joined the red bull heir, we, under the Privacy Act cannot disclose who the owner/s are for confidentiality reasons, and are bound by our laws, not Thailand's....lol

???

13 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

the NACC is required to rely on bilateral relations between Thailand and the countries where the manufacturers are based and relevent international laws

That's it.....

Blame the foreigners ?

This has become so predictable that you actually could make it up.

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I can't think of any reason whatever why information from the manufacturers is needed to make a decision on this case. Can you?

They can confirm the actual owner, and the NACC can then compare the actual owners names against the names of all the dead people the DPM was friendly with.

16 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Just when you thought this story was dead and buried the bling mister starts shinning again.

I am happy its not dead and buried, the press should keep it in the spotlight that is their job.

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

In seeking cooperation from these manufacturers, the NACC is required to rely on bilateral relations between Thailand and the countries where the manufacturers are based and relevent international laws. 

This is complete B.S. If the brand has distributors in the country, they have to obey justice decisions in Thailand. The issue is not if the manufacturer is based abroad or not, but if the manufacturer has a subsidiary, agents or distributors in Thailand or not. 

40 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Why are they bothering, this is over we know he has got away with it.  Not good,  don't like it but there you go. NACC are friends of these creeps.

Even worse the NACC is an organisation designed to protect these dumb ass military rogues. 

Does anyone still believes this agency is independent and unbiased. If his surname would have been Shinawatra he would be impeached months ago. And a criminal prosecution would have started, with Prayuth using 44 to confiscate assets well before a guilty verdict

He either has the watches or he 'borrowed' them as he claimed. Maybe they could ask the alleged owner(s).

Flat out bullshit this statement... It places yet more doubt on anything this agency does, it needs to be discontinued and replaced by honest and independent people.

I know I get a few knickers in a twist by saying this, but the evidence of what Thaksin claims becomes more and more evident....

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

Waiting for what? For price in Europe? Price is Europe is irrelevant. Even if purchased in Europe as to bring it in still have to pay tax. Or to confirm its authenticity ? In which case he is guilty of buying fakes if not genuine 

6 hours ago, candide said:

This is complete B.S. If the brand has distributors in the country, they have to obey justice decisions in Thailand. The issue is not if the manufacturer is based abroad or not, but if the manufacturer has a subsidiary, agents or distributors in Thailand or not. 

Good points Sir and any Thai sub ' or distributor will have all the serial numbers , model numbers of any watch in question and to whom that watch was sold .. And if Rolex are sold in Thailand the same as the U K then payment which has to be either card or BACS ( no cash ) provides another link to who bought it .. And as already mentioned by another post if they were bought outside of Thailand then surely there must be tax entry somewhere for their arrival here which would be another link .. Its a credit to their powers of obfuscation that they have managed to boot the can this far down the road as it must be 6 mths now and still no nearer a verdict .. great stuff 

"In seeking cooperation from these manufacturers, the NACC is required to rely on bilateral relations between Thailand and the countries where the manufacturers are based and relevent international laws. Therefore, it may take some time to get all information needed, but he could not give a definite timeframe for the completion of the investigation."

What a total barrel of shit

Waiting for what? For price in Europe? Price is Europe is irrelevant. Even if purchased in Europe as to bring it in still have to pay tax. Or to confirm its authenticity ? In which case he is guilty of buying fakes if not genuine 

Let’s say my missus’ best friend likes to borrow her expensive watches. They’re obviously great friends as she’s lending her very expensive watches. So, my missus passes away and suddenly her best friend is being accused of corruption because of these watches. Well, call me crazy - but the first thing I’d do is speak to whoever I’m supposed to speak to and tell them the truth. She really did borrow the watches. I have proof of purchase, etc. I’d do everything I could to help my missus’ friend. Silence just means you have something to hide. 

As I typed this message, I did think, “Why bother?” We all know he owns the watches and he’s an abhorrent and corrupt pig. 

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"not give a definite time frame for the completion of the investigation"

I think it will be the 12th of never.

regards worgeordie

....at approximately half-past forever.

It's really very simple to determine the origin of all these watches. It requires a personal inspection of the back side of each watch where it will say "thanks for purchasing our submarines".

Archived