Lawyer Cohen taped Trump discussing payment to Playboy model - NYT

rooster59

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So another illicit liaison to add to the list. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Oh, when will it end.

(Probably the thought all women have during their 30 seconds in the sack with Trump.)

lol

question is how much did trump pay him to not go public??  and not spill the beans or semen

2 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Gotta hand it to The Don, he swings for the fences when it comes to Giks. 

On the other hand, this Cohen guy seems to be way out of his depth.   Leaving tapes and incriminating evidence around in houses/office of record when No Knock search warrants are imminent?  Really, Bro?!?!?  Amateur hour!

Hindsight of course but, Trump should have kept the hush money and hired HRC.  Not much of a politician but this kind of wet work is right up her alley.   ?

image.png.bb8e65012ebb5312a6015a147c81aa88.png

But but but but but but but but but but but but but  but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but  but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but  but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but but  but but but but but but but but but but but but ....Hillary!

" On the other hand, this Cohen guy seems to be way out of his depth.   Leaving tapes and incriminating evidence around in houses/office of record when No Knock search warrants are imminent?  Really, Bro?!?!?  Amateur hour! "

Hardly. It was insurance. Surely you have seen movies "If anything happens to me, this packet will go straight to DA".

Leaving that lying around was smart, if Cohen plays it right. If he turns (which would be right choice) he doesn't become dinner but rather the chum that helps land the great white whale.

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I can't wait to see the religious right's reactions when it is revealed that Trump paid for abortions. (This news will drop during Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing.)

They'll twist themselves silly defending him.

And Ivanka's reaction when she realizes she has more half-brothers and sisters who weren't aborted.

What did we expect when we elected Biff Tannen.

Very easy to defend.When He said he "didn't"  he meant to say he "did"

A very honest mistake  

6 hours ago, Credo said:

Well this is just silly.   How can he have talked about an affair he never had.   ?

So Trump and Cohen are on the tape talking about potential payments to a former model that Trump didn't have an affair with and didn't have sex with????  Is that the claim he's making (through Guiliani)???

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I can't wait to see the religious right's reactions . . .

Deep down, the problem with the religious right is they WANT the world to come to an end, and Trump is playing right into their hands.

end.jpg

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So Trump and Cohen are on the tape talking about potential payments to a former model that Trump didn't have an affair with and didn't have sex with????  Is that the claim he's making (through Guiliani)???

This represents a great business opportunity for woman everywhere. All women who didn't have sex with him should be eligible for a $130,000 payoff. With the exception of a few like Ivanka, Marla, and Melania, it seems the ones who actually did have sex with him didn't do nearly so well.

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

With the exception of a few like Ivanka, Marla, and Melania, it seems the ones who actually did have sex with him didn't do nearly so well.

Uhm, you are aware that Ivanka is his daughter, right? "Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown."

His first wife, Ivanka's mother I think, is Ivana.

I suspect Trump gets confused too.

In other news...turns out it was Cohen who "tapped your wires". I think Trump loosened his own screws?

tapped.jpg

54 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Uhm, you are aware that Ivanka is his daughter, right? "Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown."

His first wife, Ivanka's mother I think, is Ivana.

I suspect Trump gets confused too.

In other news...turns out it was Cohen who "tapped your wires". I think Trump loosened his own screws?

tapped.jpg

Given Trump's comments about his daughter, my mistake was understandable.

Of course, he couldn't resist tweeting about this development...

"Inconceivable that the government would break into a lawyer's office (early in the morning) - almost unheard of, even more inconceivable that a lawyer would tape a client - totally unheard of & perhaps illegal. The good news is that your favorite President did nothing wrong!"

Like I needed President Biff Tannen to tell me that President Obama "did nothing wrong". What a buffoon.

The "government did not break into a lawyer's office - "early in the morning"????, and he was YOUR lawyer you idiot.

The fact that a 5 syllable word was used, twice no less, indicates that Scavino probably penned this gem.

22 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Rest assured Trump cares.

And so too will the Christian’s who currently support him.

No he doesn’t. This alleged affair happened in 2006. I would be surprised if a billionaire wasn’t getting some side booty. 

Some of his base won’t like it but I guarantee they will still vote for him. This won’t have any effect except make the establishmentand liberal left  look worse for trying to smear him in his personal life. 

21 hours ago, Gandtee said:

No wonder Melania is reluctant to hold the Trump's hand. She knows where it's been.?

Not only that, but you can only begin to imagine the body odor, that comes from a crime lord like Tiny Don. Sulfuric perhaps? She obviously despises him. Her body language tells it all. In the book Fire and Fury, she is portrayed as being the last woman in the world who wanted to be first lady. And apparently up to two weeks before the election, Don was quoted as saying do not worry honey, there is a zero percent chance I will be elected. This will all be over in two weeks. Even they did not expect it. Now, the world is paying the price for his election. Be patient. His comeuppance is on the way. 

Just now, yougivemebaby said:

No he doesn’t. This alleged affair happened in 2006. I would be surprised if a billionaire wasn’t getting some side booty. 

Some of his base won’t like it but I guarantee they will still vote for him. This won’t have any effect except make the establishmentand liberal left  look worse for trying to smear him in his personal life. 

1. There is no evidence of Trump being a billionaire other than his own statements ( His tax returns will settle the matter).

2. Trump’s base are irrelevant, they’ll never stop supporting him regardless of what he does, the game at play is the swing vote and mobilisation of the liberal vote.

3. You don’t yet know what evidence will come to light, so don’t dismiss it just yet. Trump’s attack on the evidence suggests it’s not good news for him.

54 minutes ago, yougivemebaby said:

the establishmentand liberal left  look worse for trying to smear him in his personal life.

Smear his personal life?... How about Trump trying to buy off the women he'd had extramarital affairs with, just prior to the election, so they wouldn't come forward to the public with their stories and ruin his chances of election. Money that may well have constituted illegal and unreported campaign contributions to his campaign. And then, of course, there's been his repeated lying and denials of all this, which anyone with a brain knows are entirely false themselves.  The guy is a walking warehouse of lies and deception.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

1. There is no evidence of Trump being a billionaire other than his own statements ( His tax returns will settle the matter).

2. Trump’s base are irrelevant, they’ll never stop supporting him regardless of what he does, the game at play is the swing vote and mobilisation of the liberal vote.

3. You don’t yet know what evidence will come to light, so don’t dismiss it just yet. Trump’s attack on the evidence suggests it’s not good news for him.

Trump was famous back in 2006, so no problem for him to get ladies to play with him. Wealth, fame and power are the best ways to pull groupies.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't aware that the tape had been made public ( and if it was made illegally, or client privilege applies, never will be- fruit of the poisonous tree and all that ), so how can anyone be claiming to know what is on it?

Giuliani has already revealed what was on it.

3 hours ago, yougivemebaby said:

Trump may now face legal problems because unknown parties thought they would protect him from blackmail and preserve Evangelicals support to his election by paying Stormy Daniels and McDougal hush money…… but he fact is that most of these Evangelicals absolutely don'care Trump had affairs or not, some of them believe Trump has a mandate to become President.  

All this trouble for nothing 

I find this quite unfair!

Democrats get new hopes, only to learn in the end, it was another nothingburger.

When the torture of the Democrats will end? Sad.

Sent from a so called Smartphone using an App.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

if it was made illegally,

It was legal. New York is a one-state consent for phone calls except for commercial sales calls.

Whether client privilege can be claimed is an issue - how can Trump claim CP if the recording was unknown?

Some might argue that such a recording was the same as attorney notes taken by a client's attorney during a meeting with the client that could (conditional as not all conversations between a client and attorney are allowed client privilege, ie., conspiracy to commit a crime) qualify as client privilege.

But apparently Trump's attorneys released that recording as some speculate because it exculpates Trump. However, that action might then allow the prosecution to claim that such a waiver then applies to all such tapes between Trump and Cohen regardless of Trump's perceived innocence or guilt at any crimes.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't aware that the tape had been made public ( and if it was made illegally, or client privilege applies, never will be- fruit of the poisonous tree and all that ), so how can anyone be claiming to know what is on it?

As someone already mentioned, Giuliani already confirmed the existence and contents of the tape. 

Rudolph W. Giuliani, Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer, confirmed in a telephone conversation on Friday that Mr. Trump had discussed payments to Ms. McDougal with Mr. Cohen in person on the recording. He said that it was less than two minutes long and that Mr. Trump did not know he was being recorded, and he claimed that the president had done nothing wrong.

Also, Trump's legal team already waived attorney-client privilege on the tape so there's no question of it being ruled inadmissible.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A transcript of the tape has been leaked, presumably by the Cohen team. The President's legal team also has a copy of the transcript.

It was made legally as NY is a one-party consent state. Not sure if the Special Master has ruled if this tape, and others, are privileged, If they cover illegal activities then privilege may be a non-issue? I have seen some reports that the Trump defense team may have waived privilege on this recording, but am not sure that's true. Maybe just the fact that Rudy G. is blabbering about it means that his mouth diarrhea automatically waives client-attorney privilege is waived as he disclosed it (probably as a result of getting bamboozled by the NYT reporter)?

Based on the NY Times story, and seeing Matt Apuzzo on the TV, I assume they have a copy of the transcript.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/what-we-know-about-michael-cohens-tapes

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/20/us/politics/michael-cohen-trump-tape.html

Archived