Foreign media slammed for pursuit of Wild Boars boys

rooster59

It appears the government is worried someone else will cut into the cash they are wanting from this. The boys parents not the government should be the ones deciding if the interview was ok and the smiling father and son in the pic would indicate permission was granted.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

You think so? 

How long have you been here?

Don't put Western values on Thai mentality, it doesn't wash, it doesn't work!

Those boys are safe and sound and now when the money aspect takes over and parents become involved, it's all about CASH!

Long enough to understand Thai values & culture....

The issue is basically about trauma suffered by young boys...doesn't matter where from, trauma knows no bounds....look at war-torn countries & impact on people particularly young populations. 

In this instance, How the parents handle the situation is another matter!!

Understand??? 

On 7/21/2018 at 10:19 AM, darksidedog said:

The Press, both nationally and internationally all have a reputation for being vultures for a very good reason, they are. Hardly surprising this has happened and the only thing that will amaze me is if it is the last time it happens. Especially if the family got paid for it, we can expect more soon.

The only question I have is how much did the parents get for the interview, money talks, and opportunities arise for that matter, the boys are mere pawns here, and no doubt their parents will make a windfall from all of this, as for the Thai's getting their noses out of joint, well that doesn't take much as they are a sensitive obedient mob aren't they just.

I watched the THAI interview of these boys and the interviewer sounded like a prosecutor! question after question! this went on for at least an hour and  half. the boys were confused at times. NOW the Thai's complain about ABC? sounds like someons face may be in danger of being lost.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:18 AM, graemeaylward said:

It is called respect! These youngsters have been through a terrible ordeal and trauma and deserve to be left alone to resume their lives, without the intrusion of the media. Show some dignity and allow individuals the freedom to enjoy their personal space and move on!

Sent from my Lenovo A3000-H using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm surprised that anyone would laugh at that. Most of us would have been a mental mess after stuck in there not knowing if we were going to starve to death in the dark.

let them get on with their lives without making them think they are more than media fodder, to be forgotten and ignored by the vultures journos after they have milked the situation for all they can. 

21 hours ago, Cheops said:

Thai and ethical....

I guess you are either not living in Thailand or not so long.

Thai authorities can't control/sensor this and are afraid of missing out some money. That's what they are worried about.

If Thai authorities are worried about the welfare of the people, they would jail the PE teacher who is accused of raping/molesting many kids during his investigation (iso setting up a commision :sick:), they would take actions to stop the 70 traffic deaths per day and they would not commit graft of the (gotta love this one) setup foundations to help people in need!!!!!!!!! I can give much more examples, but you get the point!

I've lived here for 24 years if that really matters to anything.  Please explain to me the glorious logic behind your statement.  Foreign media ignored the advice of counsellors, child psychologists and an official government request to leave the kids alone.  They arranged an orderly, sanctioned Q&A session where questions were pre-screened by professionals to ensure they would not harm the boys mentally or their healing process.  Thai media respected the request.  Remember the youngest boy is 11 and they had spent two weeks in pitch darkness and have been through an unbelievably harrowing and traumatic ordeal where they didn't know if they would ever emerge to see their parents.  I would say that, unequivocally, the government is acting in their best interests.

So, please do explain how the government is missing out on money here and how you justify saying such a thing.  Explain it to me in clear sentences and without using lots of exclamation marks, without bringing the PE teacher in to it, and without generalising Thais as being greedy.  Just tell me how this government request - adhered to by most - has anything to do with money.  It is such a ludicrous thing to say that it can only come from a very very bitter place.

Then, if you are feeling up to it, please also tell me how you react if the foreign media had followed protocols and the Thai press had broken them and conducted interviews on the side against all professional advice and possibly to the detriment of the boy's wellbeing..  It would be because the Thais only want the money, right?  Be honest with yourself.

33 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I've lived here for 24 years if that really matters to anything.  Please explain to me the glorious logic behind your statement.  Foreign media ignored the advice of counsellors, child psychologists and an official government request to leave the kids alone.  They arranged an orderly, sanctioned Q&A session where questions were pre-screened by professionals to ensure they would not harm the boys mentally or their healing process.  Thai media respected the request.  Remember the youngest boy is 11 and they had spent two weeks in pitch darkness and have been through an unbelievably harrowing and traumatic ordeal where they didn't know if they would ever emerge to see their parents.  I would say that, unequivocally, the government is acting in their best interests.

So, please do explain how the government is missing out on money here and how you justify saying such a thing.  Explain it to me in clear sentences and without using lots of exclamation marks, without bringing the PE teacher in to it, and without generalising Thais as being greedy.  Just tell me how this government request - adhered to by most - has anything to do with money.  It is such a ludicrous thing to say that it can only come from a very very bitter place.

Then, if you are feeling up to it, please also tell me how you react if the foreign media had followed protocols and the Thai press had broken them and conducted interviews on the side against all professional advice and possibly to the detriment of the boy's wellbeing..  It would be because the Thais only want the money, right?  Be honest with yourself.

Also the Thai did broke the protocol and interviewed them (unfortunately in a bad way, see post# 94 as well). And yes, also the Thai press do this for the money.

"please do explain how the government is missing out on money here and how you justify saying such a thing."

They are already starting this: The Culture Ministry is to propose setting up a special film board committee to oversee the production of a “Wild Boars” movie

"Explain it to me in clear sentences and without using lots of exclamation marks, without bringing the PE teacher in to it"

Do I really need to explain this???? (let's use lots of questions marks now 555) The point is that the government is not really concerned about those 13 boys of which a couple of them even stateless. If they are really concerned about their people, they would act on all the other things that harms Thai people, but they don't, because they don't really care.

You said that you are living here for 24 years, yet you don't see how the government works here? Did you keep your eyes closed all this time

On 7/21/2018 at 6:58 AM, Jeremy50 said:

'An uproar on Thai social media'.  Is that supposed to be significant? And if so, why?

Significant enough for you to comment on, evidently. 

4 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

The Thai authorities care absolutely nothing about these kids, nothing, zero, zilch....

The only thing they care about is control, they want a lap dog media that is scared of prosecution and attitude adjustment, it suit's their purpose as the powers that be want to continue in their own corrupt self enriching bubble

Hi-so Thais and present master of the trough are absolutely terrified by the foreign press, they cannot control it and it does not care about face

I think their real fear is that foreign press will start shining a light on Thailand as there is lots that would raise a few questions about the powers that be and the present corruption, nepotism and sheer hypocrisy on show every day in LoS....

Archived