Burmese maid takes a leaf out of the Thai book! Returns bag containing $11,000 to tourist

rooster59

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

To be honest, I don't know, I guess it all depends on the financial situation I find myself at the time.  If I needed the money for my mom's life saving surgery , very litle , apologise ,and explain.

If I needed for a drunken binger in Pattaya I would be more generous, (end everything in between) after all I would have had zero if she had kept it. 

I don't know  this person's situation and I am not being critical to him, I am not critical to you either I don't know you and I don't know your situation either,, am being critical to callin a $100 reward "decent".  

It is not about being critical. It is about carelessness of these people. Like loosimg 10 grand just lile that? Under stairs or where was it found?

Funny in yday comments about Mayors son killing  persons by his Porsche, was mentioned that today there will be a story that some taxi driver returns the money. Not far from truth ?

14 hours ago, sirineou said:

$100 a decent reward for returning $11,000? that's less  than 1% , I get a better reward from my credit card.

This Netherland guy sucks! 100 $ reward only, shame on you. Dressed like shit, fits the amount.

17 hours ago, Happy enough said:

very honest maid and great to see . . . or maybe she knew there was cctv everywhere and that she couldn't get away with it . . . cynical but likely

As likely as you get striked by a thunderbolt sitting on the toilet.

14 hours ago, thaichiro said:

Carrying around all that dough... must be trying to score something or planning on getting a lot of massages!

Hope he informed the Australian Government he was taking more than $10,000 dollars out of the country??

9 minutes ago, a977 said:

Hope he informed the Australian Government he was taking more than $10,000 dollars out of the country??

9 minutes ago, a977 said:

Who said he brought it from Australia?

On 7/21/2018 at 9:46 AM, Just1Voice said:

They just HAD to put "Burmese" maid instead of "Myanmar", didn't they.  No racism in Thailand, is there? 

What is the problem?  Burmese is accurate as the country can now be referred to legitimately as either Myanmar or Burma. The " law" was changed some time back to allow this. 

Regardless of what they called her it still wouldn't be ' racism '. Neither Myanmar nor Burma is a race. In the same manner Islam is not a race. 

On 7/21/2018 at 1:32 PM, Get Real said:

So, what is more racist with calling someone Burmese, instead of a person from Myanmar? You totally lost me there. What is it you know, that many others don´t?

However, regarding the news. It´s a really lucky guy, at the same time as dumb as a nutshell. How can he just lose 11K of Australian dollars? Unfathomable! Thumbs up for the maid, though. Tumbs down again for the australian guy, who only gave 100 dollar as reward. Disgusting!

What Australian guy? 

21 hours ago, Thian said:

See this is what you get from 220 baht atm-fee's for foreigners only. 

My wife pays the 220 baht fee on her Aussie card in Thailand.  She isn't a foreigner. 

Nice farang ' how hard done by because the Thais hate me' post anyway. 

Reality is it is a foreign card charge and not a foreigner charge. 

5 hours ago, bermannor said:

Sorry, I forgot, muscle shirts are the standard outfit of farangs in Thailand.

so many on here keep saying. i am out in bkk a lot and rarely see people in 'muscle shirts' i think you mean vest.

maybe round kaosarn they do but you won't find me near that dump.

my point is if on a beach holiday then for tourists a vest is standard oufit for a lot of people.

seems like this bloke was on a beach holiday in samui not having dinner in tonglor so don't see the issue with him wearing a vest down there

34 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

so many on here keep saying. i am out in bkk a lot and rarely see people in 'muscle shirts' i think you mean vest.

maybe round kaosarn they do but you won't find me near that dump.

my point is if on a beach holiday then for tourists a vest is standard oufit for a lot of people.

seems like this bloke was on a beach holiday in samui not having dinner in tonglor so don't see the issue with him wearing a vest down there

Urban dictionary:
a vest is an item of clothing that makes others shudder.

A muscle shirt:

You find appropriate for such an occasion?

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_untitled(160).png

Just now, bermannor said:

Urban dictionary:
a vest is an item of clothing that makes others shudder.

A muscle shirt:

You find appropriate for such an occasion?

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_untitled(160).png

555. for the beach it's fine. i'll draw the line at the chang logo though. that's pushing it even for the beach ?

1 minute ago, Happy enough said:

555. for the beach it's fine. i'll draw the line at the chang logo though. that's pushing it even for the beach ?

Optimal:

with a chang bottle in a cooler in the right hand and a 18 year old tirac in the left arm

Can someone explain to me the "takes a leaf out of the Thai book" in relation to this?  

Is it supposed to suggest that Thais are more honest and steal less?  If so, i shall make a note never to read such a preposterous rag of a paper ever again.

Archived