Krabi: More than 100 hotels/hostels face closure in crackdown

rooster59

Krabi: More than 100 hotels/hostels face closure in crackdown

a.jpg

Image: Sanook

A crackdown by local authorities, tourist police and the military in Krabi has revealed more than 100 hotels operating illegally. 

In the downtown area of Krabi 78 out of 88 properties inspected were found to be operating illegally in the first two days of operations. 

There are many others in popular tourist places such as Phi Phi island and Ao Nang with the figure exceeding 100.

Many of the illegalities involve buildings being used in ways other than which they were designed for.

All face closure as the authorities attempt to bring order to the tourist industry in the province, said Sanook.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-21

2 hours ago, liberty9133 said:

Patently ridiculous. Thai police are acting like, "Wow, this is new!" Not new, not even sort of new. Very old story of pay to play. Many, many people will lose millions of baht

and this is a very good news

I know this from a very reliable source (my ex-wife). = Once that 90% of the Hotels are closed, Tourists will be given Vouchers, allowing them to sleep on the beach.
Restriction: Only good for sleeping on the beach, not good for "sex on the beach", well understood.:partytime2:
Cheers.

4 hours ago, MekkOne said:

Next season also 90% of the restaurants, bars, tour agents and other 'tourist related' business will be closed because nobody think about the aftermath of this crackdown...

If I understand you, Police must let unlawfull people do what they want ?

17 hours ago, marco999 said:

Nope, just the government should make a law that not equalize you renting a couple of rooms in your house on daily basis to the Hilton Hotel.

6 hours ago, MekkOne said:

Nope, just the government should make a law that not equalize you renting a couple of rooms in your house on daily basis to the Hilton Hotel.

If you rent a room you are an hotel this is simple and easy. There is also the question to track down criminals and the TM-30.

17 hours ago, marco999 said:

If you rent a room you are an hotel this is simple and easy. There is also the question to track down criminals and the TM-30.

So what we doing with all the bars? I'm quiet sure all are violating the alcohol control act in multiple ways...

EDIT: and what about similar hotel/hostel in Bangkok (thousand of them)? The hotel act is not applied in there?

18 hours ago, marco999 said:

According to the law you are only a hotel with 5 rooms or more (20 beds or more ).

13 hours ago, cmsally said:

According to the law you are only a hotel with 5 rooms or more (20 beds or more ).

A guesthouse is an hotel with an other name and even you don't need hotel license you need to register an there is the problem of your income. Your main income can't come from the room renting. You can't been an hotel but you can't run a guesthouse business.

On 7/23/2018 at 2:54 PM, marco999 said:

There’s nothing unlawful about the hotels besides a silly piece of paper. As is they allowed to operate offering 30 days rentals . 

So zero reasons or excuse besides not having a piece of paper why all can not operate on daily basis.

safety is good enough for 30 days, surely should be just as good for 1 night 

13 hours ago, cmsally said:

Which law? This whole saga is about places renting on daily basis without a hotel license .

4 not 5 rooms ( I believe) was an exception which they also amended as also condo’s no longer can rent on daily basis and condo is only 1 room not 4?

14 hours ago, MekkOne said:

So what we doing with all the bars? I'm quiet sure all are violating the alcohol control act in multiple ways...

EDIT: and what about similar hotel/hostel in Bangkok (thousand of them)? The hotel act is not applied in there?

All getting raided one by one , unless prior arrangement were made with authority to skip certain places 

Archived