Tragic scene as police chief's four year old son falls from 27th floor at Bangkok condo

Jonathan Fairfield

Tragic scene as police chief's four year old son falls from 27th floor at Bangkok condo

dn.png

Image: Daily News

Thai media reported that there was a tragic scene in the garden of an upmarket Bangkok condo on Friday.

Wat Phraya Krai police were called after a four year old boy fell to his death. The boy is the son of a police colonel who is the chief of another station. No one was named.

The boy's father was cradling the dead body of his son, while the mother collapsed in tears of grief.

Wat Phraya Krai chief Kosit Bunthawee said it was a terrible accident with the boy falling from a 27th floor balcony of the Bang Khor Laem condo.

No other details were provided.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-21

tragic...just tragic....my greatest fear as a parent is that split second... when your child could fall, and so many of us live on high floors ...parents please helicopter your children , do not even turn your phone on, when with a child is near a pool,on a balcony ,near traffic etc etc etc...

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

tragic...just tragic....my greatest fear as a parent is that split second... when your child could fall, and so many of us live on high floors ...parents please helicopter your children , do not even turn your phone on, when with a child is near a pool,on a balcony ,near traffic etc etc etc...

What on earth are you blathering on about?

1 hour ago, Deli said:

How can a police officer, even higher ranking, afford a condo in this area ? Hmmm....

ever hear of inheriting wealth or gaining wealth by investing?  Most do not become wealthy by their wages.

3 minutes ago, moontang said:

ever hear of inheriting wealth or gaining wealth by investing?  Most do not become wealthy by their wages.

Well, the last part of your comment is certainly true.

As for the first part, I think the BIB here tend to have some OTHER ways of acquiring their wealth besides investing and inheriting.

1 hour ago, Deli said:

How can a police officer, even higher ranking, afford a condo in this area ? Hmmm....

...pull out buddy.   A kid (his son) just fell 100m to his death....  RIP

of course, but dont try and judge what home is appropriate for an individual without knowing their circumstances.  Typical of people who live check to check.  Many do, but quite a few do not.  And education personnel are just as likely to be crooked, along with many others.

Eric Claptons son fell from 49 floors. 

Tears in Heaven 

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you feel the same
If I saw you in heaven?
I must be strong and carry on
Because I know I don’t belong here in heaven

เธอจะรู้จักชื่อฉันมั้ย
หากฉันเห็นเธอบนสวรรค์?
เธอจะรู้สึกเหมือนกันมั้ย?
หากฉันพบเธอบนสวรรค์?
ฉันจะต้องเข้มแข็ง และอดทนต่อไป
เพราะฉันรู้ว่าฉันไม่คู่ควรได้อยู่ในสวรรค์นี้่หรอก

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?
I’ll find my way through night and day
Because I know I just can’t stay here in heaven

เธอจะจับมือฉันมั้ย
หากฉันเห็นเธอบนสวรรค์? 
เธอจะช่วยพยุงให้ฉันยืนขึ้นมั้ย
หากฉันพบเธอบนสวรรค์? 
ฉันจะหาทางฟันฝ่าวันคืนไป
เพราะฉันรู้ว่า ฉันไม่คู่ควรได้อยู่ในสวรรค์นี้่หรอก

Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart, have you begging please, begging please
Beyond the door there’s peace I’m sure
And I know there’ll be no more tears in heaven

เวลามันอาจจะทำให้เธอรู้สึกแย่ ทำให้เธอต้องทรุดลง
อาจจะทำให้หัวใจเธอแหลกสลาย ทำให้เธอต้องอ้อนวอนขอ
แต่เบื้องหลังประตูนั้น มีความสงบอยู่นะ ฉันเชื่ออย่างนั้น
และฉันรู้ว่าจะไม่มีน้ำตาอีกแล้ว เมื่อได้อยู่บนสวรร

Tears in Heaven      Eric Clapton
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?
'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven
Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?
I'll find my way through night and day
'Cause I know I just can't stay here in heaven
Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees
Time can break your heart, have you begging please, begging please
Beyond the door there's peace I'm sure
And I know there'll be no more tears in heaven
Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?
'Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven

17 hours ago, moontang said:

we got a kid on our high floor, with certifiable autism.  I was just thinking that they should take his screaming head and be outta here soon enough, let alone the kid trying flying.

Disgusting post...

2 hours ago, Deli said:

A child has died, fell from a high balcony, the fact his father is a policeman is irrelevant.

How he can afford to live there is also irrelevant.

His parents must be going through hell over his death, the adult responsible for his care at the time must be blaming themself, if only , if only, that will be haunting that person for the rest of their life.

So a little respect please, R.I.P. young man, condolences to your parents.

Very very sad. Having anything a child can climb on or move and climb on a balcony is so dangerous. Especially when the average height of the balustrades seems to be a few hundred millimeters shorter than the standard western height.  RIP to the boy and condolences to the parents.

4 hours ago, Deli said:

I looked again and don't see that they lived there. They could have been visiting? That might explain the lack of safeguards.

If a Thai read the comments here ridiculing the death of the son of [whomever], by suggesting the funds were received by [something], I think we would get a decent bashing from the Thai people. What has the death of an innocent boy to do with your personal issues with the country?

47 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Mortgage?

It's a sad fact that many expats on tv have the attitude that all Thais are uneducated and only earn 20,000 baht a month.

Perhaps if some of them got their sweaty lard <deleted> out of the bars and girly bars they might actually meet Thais whose salaries make theirs look like peanuts.

I do think balcony rail heights here, and in other hot countries like Spain are too low. It’s too easy for people to fall or children to climb over them. 

The building regulations need to be strengthened to prevent repeats of tragedies like this.

Archived